• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same, although if they have a Audi R8 available for a few laps, that would be fantastic.

The problem with R8s is the same as the problem with Modern Lambos (as Top Gear usually states) they are just too civilized. I test drove an R8 and it a phenomenal machine. But when I wouldn't be afraid to take my kids to school in it... it's not for track days.

FERRARI F430 F1 - OOH
FERRARI 430 SCUDERIA - OOH
FERRARI 458 ITALIA - That thing is a beast. Just standing near one makes my palms sweat.
LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO LP550 - Meh. Doesn't bite you in the face like a lambo should
LAMBORGHINI AVENTADOR LP700 - See above
MCLAREN MP4-12C - OH MY GOD. Supposedly the perfect automobile. THIS ONE THIS ONE
PORSCHE 997 TURBO S - MMMMMM Beauty.
AUDI R8 V10 - Already driven one.
ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE S - WOW. Those are beautiful.
NISSAN GT-R - Meh. I understand it's like driving a video game. Clinical and electronic but not "motorhead fun"
MERCEDES SLS AMG - You don't have to pay for the tires, right?
CORVETTE C7 STINGRAY Z51 - Does the track have turns? Avoid American cars on tracks that have turns.

To me the object is to terrify yourself. I hear the GT-R just has too many electronic nannies looking after you. I get mad when traction control on my A4 clicks on while driving backroads near my house. I'd probably go nuclear if I couldn't step the back end out on a racetrack (and I doubt they will let you turn that stuff off). I'd go with the three bolded if it were me.

But it's not like you can make a bad choice. Driving a racetrack in any of those would be awesome.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with R8s is the same as the problem with Modern Lambos (as Top Gear usually states) they are just too civilized. I test drove an R8 and it a phenomenal machine. But when I wouldn't be afraid to take my kids to school in it... it's not for track days.

FERRARI F430 F1 - OOH
FERRARI 430 SCUDERIA - OOH
FERRARI 458 ITALIA - That thing is a beast. Just standing near one makes my palms sweat.
LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO LP550 - Meh. Doesn't bite you in the face like a lambo should
LAMBORGHINI AVENTADOR LP700 - See above
MCLAREN MP4-12C - OH MY GOD. Supposedly the perfect automobile. THIS ONE THIS ONE
PORSCHE 997 TURBO S - MMMMMM Beauty.
AUDI R8 V10 - Already driven one.
ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE S - WOW. Those are beautiful.
NISSAN GT-R - Meh. I understand it's like driving a video game. Clinical and electronic but not "motorhead fun"
MERCEDES SLS AMG - You don't have to pay for the tires, right?
CORVETTE C7 STINGRAY Z51 - Does the track have turns? Avoid American cars on tracks that have turns.

To me the object is to terrify yourself. I hear the GT-R just has too many electronic nannies looking after you. I get mad when traction control on my A4 clicks on while driving backroads near my house. I'd probably go nuclear if I couldn't step the back end out on a racetrack (and I doubt they will let you turn that stuff off). I'd go with the three bolded if it were me.

But it's not like you can make a bad choice. Driving a racetrack in any of those would be awesome.

Thanks man.

I knew the McLaren would be stellar. The track is just an oval I think (bummer). I would have preferred a F-1 style track more but I guess people would be killing themselves too regularly.

I left out a Lambo SuperLeggera LP570 in my original list. Missed that one somehow. Worth checking out?

Of the three you bolded the McLaren and and the Ferrari are priced from $400 per 5 laps while the Porsche is $50 bucks cheaper. Seems odd. Is there something I'd be missing with the Porsche?

The Aventador is the most expensive of all.

Also available, but not listed by me for obvious reasons, is the Porsche Cayenne. :L Who the fuck wants to take an SUV out on the racetrack?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also available, but not listed by me for obvious reasons, is the Porsche Cayenne. :L Who the fuck wants to take an SUV out on the racetrack?

That's a clown car, bro.

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a clown car, bro.

LOL.

Nothing wrong with that vehicle but I just wouldn't want to bring it out on the track at 40 bucks per lap.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if memory serves, I think puck has a Cayenne in his driveway (or at least he used to).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i was gonna say maybe they have an offroad setup but if youre saying its only one suv offered that is a bit odd

/my wife did this

Attachments

• jag test drive.jpg
    jag test drive.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 54

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was gonna say maybe they have an offroad setup but if youre saying its only one suv offered that is a bit odd

/my wife did this

No off roading. Just driving the track. LOL.

I used to do a fair amount of off roading and I would love to try some Baja-style driving in a Lambo Urus.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the three you bolded the McLaren and and the Ferrari are priced from $400 per 5 laps while the Porsche is $50 bucks cheaper. Seems odd. Is there something I'd be missing with the Porsche?

The Aventador is the most expensive of all.

They probably price it by Horsepower, and Porsches typically have lower BHP numbers but are just as fast as anything out there. Or maybe power to weight, because as far as Porsches go, the 997 Turbo is a bit heavier than say a GT3 RS (which is essentially a street legal racer).

The Aventador is very heavy but has a ridiculous amount of power.

I wouldn't mind renting the Cayenne as the get around vehicle for the trip. But no, not on the track.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet. Just found out that I am skating on the main ice at Nationwide tomorrow with my son and daughter as their reward for participating in the "Book Jackets" program. Basically, they read books, keep track and if you get to a certain number of pages read, you get invited to a private skating party with Stinger at the arena.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1K1nR2El.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet. Just found out that I am skating on the main ice at Nationwide tomorrow with my son and daughter as their reward for participating in the "Book Jackets" program. Basically, they read books, keep track and if you get to a certain number of pages read, you get invited to a private skating party with Stinger at the arena.

Stinger > Boomer

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A camera-filled soccer ball gives fans a dizzying view of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.