• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
316643.jpg

It's...beautiful...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extra $20 bill from the ATM today!!! The last time that happened was this...

Roughly 12 years ago, some friends and myself decided to go see the Caps-Wings game at Verizon. Tickets were available, so we met at the arena about 20 minutes later and figured we'd just go to the box office and get some tickets. That was a mistake as the game had just sold out. Well, at least the reasonably priced seats that some 20-somethings could afford were sold out. We decided to just go to a bar nearby.

As we walked away from the ticket window, a guy says "you guys need tickets."
"Yeah, but we are looking for cheap ones"
"How much did you want to spend?"
"Like $20." (this was back when you could actually get tickets for $15-20)
"Okay, that's good."

He gives us the tickets and they are $80 seats about 8 rows behind the goal. I'd never sat that close before. What an awesome night.

But it got better. At the first intermission, one of my buddies went to the ATM before he was getting some beers. He comes back with his beer and says "You guys won't believe this, the ATM is giving everyone extra twenties." So we all go to get cash and the line is long and buzzing because whatever amount someone is taking out, they are being given an extra $20. So we all got a free $20 which covered our game.

Free 8th row seats by two lucky incidents, each of which would rarely happen over the course of several years, much less twice in the same night. What a game.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roughly 12 years ago, some friends and myself decided to go see the Caps-Wings game at Verizon. Tickets were available, so we met at the arena about 20 minutes later and figured we'd just go to the box office and get some tickets. That was a mistake as the game had just sold out. Well, at least the reasonably priced seats that some 20-somethings could afford were sold out. We decided to just go to a bar nearby.

"Okay, that's good."

He gives us the tickets and they are $80 seats about 8 rows behind the goal. I'd never sat that close before. What an awesome night.

But it got better. At the first intermission, one of my buddies went to the ATM before he was getting some beers. He comes back with his beer and says "You guys won't believe this, the ATM is giving everyone extra twenties." So we all go to get cash and the line is long and buzzing because whatever amount someone is taking out, they are being given an extra $20. So we all got a free $20 which covered our game.

Free 8th row seats by two lucky incidents, each of which would rarely happen over the course of several years, much less twice in the same night. What a game.

Who won the game?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell if this will be the greatest thing ever or if it will be a financial and cultural disaster. Regardless, I'm writing you a check for $50,000 to get you started, maybe help spread the word.

Thank you sir, I mean thank you executive producer sir!

Orion Pictures is very interested. As is The Cannon Group.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Okay, that's good."

Nice Michael Bolton's code worked!!! :lol::yahoo:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you sir, I mean thank you executive producer sir!

Orion Pictures is very interested. As is The Cannon Group.

I've got about $3.60 in change here in my desk. Will that buy me an executive producer role? I'd love to tack that on my business card.

Status
Not open for further replies.