• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How pissed are the other 2 winners who got $5m less? Probably not at all. :)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way the global bc tv news covered that story locally about the double lotto winner dude was pretty shambolic

top of the news headline tease/bumper: "local man figures out a system to win the lotto"

... yes ... go on ... the system ??? ... what is this system???

BASTARDS!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotto Max this Friday is 50 million (plus two additional draws of 1 million each)

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
avZ8jkM.jpg

:laugh3:

Cats = dumb

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking a laser pointer with me the next time I go camping.

/survival gear

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way the global bc tv news covered that story locally about the double lotto winner dude was pretty shambolic

top of the news headline tease/bumper: "local man figures out a system to win the lotto"

... yes ... go on ... the system ??? ... what is this system???

BASTARDS!

Send 24.99 to him and he'll tell you.

So, here's what I did for the last half hour. I get a call from an unrecognized number. I don't answer, I never do. Guy leaves a voicemail. "Hi this is annoying sales schmuck from new security company, inc. I tried to reach your boss, but got her out of office message, so I tried you. We were looking through our weblogs and noticed a few people from your organization checking out our product page, and thought that meant you'd like us to come do a demo of our fantastic new product. Call me back at <number completely different than the one he called from>."

So, I go and look. One person from our organization did indeed go to his site. I look at the traffic and notice the reason we went to his site was because the company bought a redirect ad on a tech news website.

So I think... I gotta call this schmuck back. I look up the phone number he called from and find it registered to a single woman who lives a few miles from the company's office.

Call the ladys number. Lady answers. "Is Sales Schmuck there?" Nervous and tentative "no". Are you sure? *click*.

Call back the given number (spoofed to look like a number from Ft Meade MD, of course) "This is sales schmuck".

"Are you at <Lady's address>?"

"Who is this?"

"Answer the question."

"I am in my office. Who are you?"

"If you are in your office, what color is the Acura SUV parked across the street?"

"I, uhhhh.... WHO IS THIS?"

"You called me"

"No, you called me"

"You called me earlier today, from <lady's name>'s phone. You said you found someone from my organization went to your website, although that was because of the redirect ad you placed on <tech news site> last month. You sad we might like to do a demo."

"Oh, okay. Ummmm"

"But I don't. I am more interested in why you are at <lady's name>'s house at 3 on a Thursday and not in your office. And why you used her phone to make a call."

"Oh, ha ha. Sorry about that. My phone was charging so I... What's your name. Who are you with?"

"Agent Pendleton. No matter who I am with. The phone that was charging, was that your iPhone 5?" (Total guess)

"Yes. Wait, how did you-"

"I don't appreciate the cold call, and you might want to get back from <lady's name>'s house to the office before someone in the aforementioned Acura SUV goes in and tells your boss what you're doing with your afternoon." *click*

I bet he's all bent up right now. And will shit an egroll every time he sees an Acura SUV near his office for the next week. Plus he's probably desperately trying to remember a phone call to an Agent Pendleton in Ft Meade Md. A call he did NOT make.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he's all bent up right now. And will shit an egroll every time he sees an Acura SUV near his office for the next week. Plus he's probably desperately trying to remember a phone call to an Agent Pendleton in Ft Meade Md. A call he did NOT make.

Damn 43, you scary.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send 24.99 to him and he'll tell you.

So, here's what I did for the last half hour. I get a call from an unrecognized number. I don't answer, I never do. Guy leaves a voicemail. "Hi this is annoying sales schmuck from new security company, inc. I tried to reach your boss, but got her out of office message, so I tried you. We were looking through our weblogs and noticed a few people from your organization checking out our product page, and thought that meant you'd like us to come do a demo of our fantastic new product. Call me back at <number completely different than the one he called from>."

So, I go and look. One person from our organization did indeed go to his site. I look at the traffic and notice the reason we went to his site was because the company bought a redirect ad on a tech news website.

So I think... I gotta call this schmuck back. I look up the phone number he called from and find it registered to a single woman who lives a few miles from the company's office.

Call the ladys number. Lady answers. "Is Sales Schmuck there?" Nervous and tentative "no". Are you sure? *click*.

Call back the given number (spoofed to look like a number from Ft Meade MD, of course) "This is sales schmuck".

"Are you at <Lady's address>?"

"Who is this?"

"Answer the question."

"I am in my office. Who are you?"

"If you are in your office, what color is the Acura SUV parked across the street?"

"I, uhhhh.... WHO IS THIS?"

"You called me"

"No, you called me"

"You called me earlier today, from <lady's name>'s phone. You said you found someone from my organization went to your website, although that was because of the redirect ad you placed on <tech news site> last month. You sad we might like to do a demo."

"Oh, okay. Ummmm"

"But I don't. I am more interested in why you are at <lady's name>'s house at 3 on a Thursday and not in your office. And why you used her phone to make a call."

"Oh, ha ha. Sorry about that. My phone was charging so I... What's your name. Who are you with?"

"Agent Pendleton. No matter who I am with. The phone that was charging, was that your iPhone 5?" (Total guess)

"Yes. Wait, how did you-"

"I don't appreciate the cold call, and you might want to get back from <lady's name>'s house to the office before someone in the aforementioned Acura SUV goes in and tells your boss what you're doing with your afternoon." *click*

Soooooo.... you get paid to be a dick in hilarious fashion?

yes-awesome-oldschool.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was the dude's reaction after hanging up the phone with 43:

575586_490728560980501_2078674833_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.