• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a mental health day and went back to the mountain bike park yesterday. That was neat.

But moreso, apparently when on the bike rack on the back of my car, my mountain bike's front tire hung down near the exhaust. Throughout the whole drive at random times I thought I smelled rubber burning.

Seems one of the loose straps from the bike rack became entangled in the front wheel, causing it to stop spinning in the wind. And the exhaust MELTED THE TIRE OFF right there.

Weird.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a mental health day and went back to the mountain bike park yesterday. That was neat.

But moreso, apparently when on the bike rack on the back of my car, my mountain bike's front tire hung down near the exhaust. Throughout the whole drive at random times I thought I smelled rubber burning.

Seems one of the loose straps from the bike rack became entangled in the front wheel, causing it to stop spinning in the wind. And the exhaust MELTED THE TIRE OFF right there.

Weird.

hey! ... been there and done that :(

happened the same trip to kelowna that the ac compressor on our crv blew

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey! ... been there and done that :(

happened the same trip to kelowna that the ac compressor on our crv blew

I just couldn't believe it. I've hauled that bike all over creation and nary a problem. It was kinda funny because I kept thinking "That smells like rubber" *sees tractor trailer* "eh, he must have a retread about to go". Five miles later "There it is again".

Did my dumb ass think to get out and make sure it wasn't me? Nooooo

It was time for new meats anyway. And I'm glad it wasn't the BMX bike. Those tires are 60 bucks each.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just couldn't believe it. I've hauled that bike all over creation and nary a problem. It was kinda funny because I kept thinking "That smells like rubber" *sees tractor trailer* "eh, he must have a retread about to go". Five miles later "There it is again".

Did my dumb ass think to get out and make sure it wasn't me? Nooooo

It was time for new meats anyway. And I'm glad it wasn't the BMX bike. Those tires are 60 bucks each.

we didnt even smell the rubber thanks to the ac compressor explosion ... too many senses were being involved ... we smelled the fluid that sprayed all over a tailgating asswipe, then it became sauna like, then came the smell of hot kiddie vomit

didnt even realize the bike tire issue until a day later after we drove down a rocky forestry road for 30 mins, parked and started unloading the bikes :L

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EaO1T00.gif

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weird.

Holy cow.... Your car running a little lean?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Cole: Putin skates in (delay of four seconds) Scores! Oh baby!

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Cole: Putin skates in (delay of four seconds) Scores! Oh baby!

That's because Cole knows we're playing the Bob Cole drinking game and he's giving us an opportunity to finish our drink with that long pause.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking for the Eddie Murphy / Ron Howard / Opie Cunningham skit from SNL, but couldn't find it. This will do though.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pizza: I saw 2 of those skits live (TV live)... man he was great on SNL..

I was looking for the Eddie Murphy / Ron Howard / Opie Cunningham skit from SNL, but couldn't find it. This will do though.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Regarding this performance, I liked it," grinned Putin at a joint news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. "I did not catch what they were shouting, I did not even see if they were blondes, brunettes or chestnut-haired ..."

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more Putin: "Rug it did not seem to match the drapes"

Status
Not open for further replies.