• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been there

/ what Dad hasn't

// not the feeding the alcohol soaked fruit to my kid.... yet.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,837.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mi5b6oZZi21qdlh1io1_400.gif

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad's facepalm in the backgrond takes the cake

BDFdCYNCUAEcjVo.jpg

I don't know why this picture made me think of this, but it did.

When I was in high school, I worked at a Meijer by our house. It's basically Wal Mart with a grocery department. Also, it's usually full of nice, clean Dutch people, and doesn't smell like a bus depot outside of a prison. I was the cart pushing bitch typically, but occasionally if they were short I would step in and bag groceries. Well one day I'm bagging and it's Saturday afternoon, busy as hell, all the registers were packed, the store was just slammed. My cashier was a college student, and we got along pretty good, making fun of people, etc. So I'm bagging groceries and this young father is in line with his daughter, she's sitting in the cart, probably no older than four.

Suddenly, out of the blue, someone got on the store intercom system and announced

"ATTENTION K-MART SHOPPERS (Yes, I know this happened at a Meijer, but the guy said K-Mart), THERE IS NOW A BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL IN AISLE NINE ON ALL DIAMOND STUDDED DILDOS, I REPEAT, A BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL IN AISLE NINE ON ALL DIAMOND STUDDED DILDOS".

I swear, I really wanted to keep a straight face and pretend like I didn't hear it, I tried to suppress laughter, I really did. But my face turned red, and I just fucking doubled over, I mean I just died. The cashier could hardly stand, I could barely breath, it just killed us both. After we had our juvenile laughing fits, we looked up, and the dad was not at all impressed. I figured Nick the cashier would just sort of smooth it over, apologize, whatever... but he handed the guy his receipt, looked right at him, pointed to his daughter, and said "Good thing she won't need to worry about that for a few more years, huh?"

I'm very lucky I did not shit my pants that day.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I was in high school, I worked at a Meijer by our house. It's basically Wal Mart with a grocery department. Also, it's usually full of nice, clean Dutch people, and doesn't smell like a bus depot outside of a prison. I was the cart pushing bitch typically, but occasionally if they were short I would step in and bag groceries. Well one day I'm bagging and it's Saturday afternoon, busy as hell, all the registers were packed, the store was just slammed. My cashier was a college student, and we got along pretty good, making fun of people, etc. So I'm bagging groceries and this young father is in line with his daughter, she's sitting in the cart, probably no older than four.

Suddenly, out of the blue, someone got on the store intercom system and announced

"ATTENTION K-MART SHOPPERS (Yes, I know this happened at a Meijer, but the guy said K-Mart), THERE IS NOW A BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL IN AISLE NINE ON ALL DIAMOND STUDDED DILDOS, I REPEAT, A BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL IN AISLE NINE ON ALL DIAMOND STUDDED DILDOS".

I swear, I really wanted to keep a straight face and pretend like I didn't hear it, I tried to suppress laughter, I really did. But my face turned red, and I just fucking doubled over, I mean I just died. The cashier could hardly stand, I could barely breath, it just killed us both. After we had our juvenile laughing fits, we looked up, and the dad was not at all impressed. I figured Nick the cashier would just sort of smooth it over, apologize, whatever... but he handed the guy his receipt, looked right at him, pointed to his daughter, and said "Good thing she won't need to worry about that for a few more years, huh?"

:laugh:

:pizza:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I was in high school, I worked at a Meijer by our house. It's basically Wal Mart with a grocery department. Also, it's usually full of nice, clean Dutch people ,and doesn't smell like a bus depot outside of a prison. I was the cart pushing bitch typically, but occasionally if they were short I would step in and bag groceries. Well one day I'm bagging and it's Saturday afternoon, busy as hell, all the registers were packed, the store was just slammed. My cashier was a college student, and we got along pretty good, making fun of people, etc. So I'm bagging groceries and this young father is in line with his daughter, she's sitting in the cart, probably no older than four.

i call bullshit on the bold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the theme of sound waves.

This apparatus can be used to determine the constant pressure and constant volume heat capacities of gasses. You look for the length of a standing wave at a given frequency, and you can find out how fast the sound is propagating through the gas, from which you can find the heat capacities.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bit outside...

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pizza:

Status
Not open for further replies.