• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Walking Dead - BEWARE OF SPOILERS

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode last night was actually pretty darn good
too much teleporting.

Aaron and (??) get surrounded by Whisperers at the end of Ep 15, with a gun pointed directly at Aaron’s head. Next scene we see them in Ep 16, Aaron and (???) are running away, having basically wiped out the whole group of whisperers. WTF? TWD ALWAYS does this (put “our hero’s” in an unwinnable situation, then have them “win” it off screen).

They make a BIG show of all the pairs getting out of the hospital and into the herd. When Carol loses her partner, Lydia magically appears to save the package. How did she get out?

Later in the ep, Maggie shows up IN the hospital just in time to save Gabriel. How did she get in?

And how can anyone take two HUGE daggers (To the hilt, no less) in the eyes and live?

Plot Voodoo is way too prevalent in this show (nothing new).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200.gif

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a full back story from the books that they can draw from. They actually filmed a bunch a few seasons back but never used it.

Am i missing/forgetting something ?
isnt she dead? ... flashback, i guess ?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they will show some of his pre-outbreak life to continue to try to sell him as a good guy.

So yes, all flashback. But I know nothing. This is all pure speculation. Maybe they will introduce a new character who he marries. Who knows.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My guess is they will show some of his pre-outbreak life to continue to try to sell him as a good guy.

So yes, all flashback. But I know nothing. This is all pure speculation. Maybe they will introduce a new character who he marries. Who knows.
the name Lucille implies its the old wife.
but honestly, with this show .. who the hell knows anymore lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah i shouldnt be surprised lol. Just that while he/lucille did have a backstory in the books, it was “shes dead” and thats that and they never revisited it (sorry if you were gonna read the books lmao)

theyre gonna take some license here and divert from the books ... theyve done alot of that lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t read the article. Did they mention “Lucille”?

Then yes. Flashback.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah i shouldnt be surprised lol. Just that while he/lucille did have a backstory in the books, it was “shes dead” and thats that and they never revisited it (sorry if you were gonna read the books lmao)

theyre gonna take some license here and divert from the books ... theyve done alot of that lol
Not true...

They had a short story around Negan’s back story specifically. We met Lucille and learned about her death and all about Negan and his pre-ZA life. IIRC, this was a serial in Wizard Magazine (or some such mag).

Relatedly, they had a similar story telling about Rick’s brother and where he was during the outbreak.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
walking dead will be making a lot of back story episodes of characters alive now and dead from before.

they have nothing new so they are draining the rag of every drop they can get.

show has been stale for years. but yep I still watch it for whatever stupid reason

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true...

They had a short story around Negan’s back story specifically. We met Lucille and learned about her death and all about Negan and his pre-ZA life. IIRC, this was a serial in Wizard Magazine (or some such mag).

Relatedly, they had a similar story telling about Rick’s brother and where he was during the outbreak.
Ahh so it was outside the regular graphic novel issues? Ill have to check those out. I have the hardcover compilation books

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh so it was outside the regular graphic novel issues? Ill have to check those out. I have the hardcover compilation books
It is canon, it just is “extra” material. Like the Governor novels. Those are “official”, but outside the regular books (some of that material was the source of the Gov’s tv story at the start of S4)

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron and (??) get surrounded by Whisperers at the end of Ep 15, with a gun pointed directly at Aaron’s head. Next scene we see them in Ep 16, Aaron and (???) are running away, having basically wiped out the whole group of whisperers. WTF? TWD ALWAYS does this (put “our hero’s” in an unwinnable situation, then have them “win” it off screen).
I don't know if that had a lot to do with the masked man btw I think his name could be Elijah at least I assume that's his name. It's possible that he somehow saved Alden and Aaron from getting killed by the Whisperers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if that had a lot to do with the masked man btw I think his name could be Elijah at least I assume that's his name. It's possible that he somehow saved Alden and Aaron from getting killed by the Whisperers.
Are you referring to Maggie’s “friend”?

maybe, I guess.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you referring to Maggie’s “friend”?

maybe, I guess.

I thought Maggie's friend came after they got out of that situation and were attacked by walkers later..

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to ask if anyone was still watching this show, but based on the ratings I would say not.

They've gone from an average viewership of 10-15 million per episode from 2012 through 2017, but they have dropped off SO much. They are doing only about 2-3 million per episode now.

Neegan and the failure of the show to evolve beyond essentially the equally uninteresting and pretty unrealistic "stay out of our fort" plotline got boring I guess. What a shame. An ending would have been nice. Maybe they'll still have one, but i guess few will see it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm still watching.
not must see TV anymore by any stretch, but I record them and get to them eventually.
I think this year (or next?) is supposed to be the last.

of course there are a couple of spin offs floating out there on AMC, and they were
talking about a three movie deal to follow Rick around post "whatever the hell happened to him".

mostly i miss the "Caaaaaaaarrrrrrllllll" memes

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to ask if anyone was still watching this show, but based on the ratings I would say not.

They've gone from an average viewership of 10-15 million per episode from 2012 through 2017, but they have dropped off SO much. They are doing only about 2-3 million per episode now.

Neegan and the failure of the show to evolve beyond essentially the equally uninteresting and pretty unrealistic "stay out of our fort" plotline got boring I guess. What a shame. An ending would have been nice. Maybe they'll still have one, but i guess few will see it.

They dragged it out too long.