• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Walking Dead - BEWARE OF SPOILERS

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching season 1-4 before the last season and I feel like am setting myself up for disappointment in the last season knowing how good these were

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dropped an actual F bomb on tonight's episode..

AMC is desperate

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AMC is desperate
They aired that on the broadcast? They had it on the streaming last week, but I figured they would edit it out someway.

This show is so over the top stupid now, it is hardly even worth discussing anymore. All the TWD threads on this site (between here and the entertainment forum) get one or two posts every other week now. During the show’s hay day, they were getting dozens of posts a day, if not more.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

AMC is desperate
I did a little bit of a double take as well.

Who is the gal at the end of the last two episodes? Have we seen her before?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a little bit of a double take as well.

Who is the gal at the end of the last two episodes? Have we seen her before?
The Special Forces chick. Darryl’s gf. The chick Maggie tried to shoot in the back after she killed her whole crew as they were tied up.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aired that on the broadcast? They had it on the streaming last week, but I figured they would edit it out someway.

This show is so over the top stupid now, it is hardly even worth discussing anymore. All the TWD threads on this site (between here and the entertainment forum) get one or two posts every other week now. During the show’s hay day, they were getting dozens of posts a day, if not more.

It's absolute garbage now.. every actor is checked out and collecting a pay cheque.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's absolute garbage now.. every actor is checked out and collecting a pay cheque.

I mean...They're so disinterested in any kind of intrigue that they already announced spin offs for the 4 main characters that are left.

I said it 4 years ago that Kirkman is only interested in this as a cash cow for him. He doesn't care about whether the story is shit or not.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...They're so disinterested in any kind of intrigue that they already announced spin offs for the 4 main characters that are left.

I said it 4 years ago that Kirkman is only interested in this as a cash cow for him. He doesn't care about whether the story is shit or not.
Kirkman lost his love for the material a long time ago. The way he ended the books was basically a rage quit.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not watch anymore and the only thing remotely interesting to me was how the characters end up. Since most are being spun off, I do not even look at recaps anymore.

TWD is the only thing Kirkman has been involved with that I find decent at all. I tried some of his other comics, thought they were awful.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not watch anymore and the only thing remotely interesting to me was how the characters end up. Since most are being spun off, I do not even look at recaps anymore.

TWD is the only thing Kirkman has been involved with that I find decent at all. I tried some of his other comics, thought they were awful.
Invincible was OK. The show is overrated, imho, but still OK. I would have preferred they tried to make it live action, but that may have too hard with the level of gore and the different aliens that will show up eventually.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Invincible was OK. The show is overrated, imho, but still OK. I would have preferred they tried to make it live action, but that may have too hard with the level of gore and the different aliens that will show up eventually.

I'm honestly surprised TWD didn't do the alien dream episode they had in the comics .. they gave jumped the shark so many times anyway

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

AMC is desperate
If they really wat to give the series a boost, there needs to be some sort of water emergency at Hilltop and Maggie needs to re-create
Phoebe Cates' waterfall scene from the 1982 classic "Paradise"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly surprised TWD didn't do the alien dream episode they had in the comics .. they gave jumped the shark so many times anyway
I still watch but not night of episode. My wife watched along recently, saw the commonwealth soldiers and said “they have stormtroopers on this show now???”

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped watching Beta made a mask out of part of Alpha’s face and he was blasting old music on a record player.

That was when I said this is more than enough for me

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the background of that issue?

Kirkman was trying to sell the show to networks, and the execs kept asking him what caused the virus and he would reply that he didn’t care, that isn’t what the show would be about. He kept getting shut down, so he decided to lie and say that his intention was to reveal in S2 or S3 that it was caused by an Alien force set to invade Earth. The execs LOVED the idea and he finally got a deal with AMC with the understanding that there would be an alien component to the show in S2 or S3. Kirkman never had any intention of going the alien route. He was totally bait and switching the studio execs.

He used that idea as the inspiration for that dream sequence in the books.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped watching Beta made a mask out of part of Alpha’s face and he was blasting old music on a record player.

That was when I said this is more than enough for me
The last episode for me was when they were trying to break Daryl by playing some stupid song over and over. That was just the last straw, I had not really liked it for a season or two before that. And I still think the episode where Negan catches them, the season finale, was one of the silliest and worst episodes of the entire season.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I zoned out last night and ended up (half) watching Fear the Walking Dead and that new series set in NYC. I think I watched the first season of FTWD and parts of season 2 but had no clue what was going on ... it was so bad (interesting wtf? ending to the episode however lol) ... nice to see Jack Eichel has taken up acting now after winning the cup though !

1687195947204.png

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I zoned out last night and ended up (half) watching Fear the Walking Dead and that new series set in NYC. I think I watched the first season of FTWD and parts of season 2 but had no clue what was going on ... it was so bad (interesting wtf? ending to the episode however lol) ... nice to see Jack Eichel has taken up acting now after winning the cup though !

View attachment 331826
for the past 2 or 3 episodes of FearTWD, i find myself wondering what the fuck i am doing watching this shit.
it's just terrible, but I have gone this far, kind of have to see it through.

haven't started the city one yet, but i guess i will.
(and regret it)