• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Walking Dead - BEWARE OF SPOILERS

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to ask if anyone was still watching this show, but based on the ratings I would say not.

They've gone from an average viewership of 10-15 million per episode from 2012 through 2017, but they have dropped off SO much. They are doing only about 2-3 million per episode now.

Neegan and the failure of the show to evolve beyond essentially the equally uninteresting and pretty unrealistic "stay out of our fort" plotline got boring I guess. What a shame. An ending would have been nice. Maybe they'll still have one, but i guess few will see it.
They extended the current season by a few episodes and have said that next season will be the end of the show. This is about the time the comic ended as well, so they are staying somewhat consistent to the source material.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still watching.
not must see TV anymore by any stretch, but I record them and get to them eventually.
I think this year (or next?) is supposed to be the last.

of course there are a couple of spin offs floating out there on AMC, and they were
talking about a three movie deal to follow Rick around post "whatever the hell happened to him".

mostly i miss the "Caaaaaaaarrrrrrllllll" memes
There are 2 spin offs currently out there (Fear and New World) and another scheduled to start after the flagship ends next season focusing on Daryl and Carol.

I wish they hadn’t announced that, though. There is a great storyline coming up from the comics that would have made perfect sense for Daryl to play out, but if they plans for the character moving forward, he obviously will not be filling that role.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the twist at the end of that movie... how the writers made Teresa Palmer's career disappear.
lol, I thought she was good.

I used to like Alison Lohman, I thought she was really good in Matchstick Men and Drag Me To Hell. She disappeared too.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so it seems no big story is being built up this season except when they touched upon the Reapers. the last 2 episodes seemed like filler and solo stories for the individuals for those episodes. not terrible but not great. I did enjoy this one more than the last weeks.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
so it seems no big story is being built up this season except when they touched upon the Reapers. the last 2 episodes seemed like filler and solo stories for the individuals for those episodes. not terrible but not great. I did enjoy this one more than the last weeks.
yeah, I liked this week's.
getting into Gabriel's head - kind of dark in there.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I liked this week's.
getting into Gabriel's head - kind of dark in there.

yeah, I was surprised he did that, I knew he was capable of dark things but his call on that guy was right, Aarons facial expression reminded me of Herschels back when Carl shot that kid giving up his gun..... . not someone you want back with your people, especially after what he made them do and confirming it finding his brother later. (man Robert Patrick looks like shit lol...... I still find it mind boggling how these people are still alive in this world with the way they drink and passout like that. also why sleep in a open room just find somewhere high. strange people.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I though warm bodies was actually good. better than I thought it would be by a long shot

It was really good, I enjoyed it (but would be an awkward ending to this zombie universe). Related to that, here are my terms for coming back to the show...

-The plot moves so the survivors move towards rebuilding society now that the walkers have mostly been killed or died out. The aftermath of it all. Never ending warring factions is boring and why I bore of the comic book universes dominance in the movie space right now. Comic books often have a never ending story model to their build. It gets boring. Stories need an ending. Hell, even they all become zombies and there is no escape would be better than the show just fizzling out or some uncertain future type ending.
-Full frontal Maggie.

I don't need both, either one will do. You all let me know if either happens! ;)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck this show is so bad

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...

I liked the book version of his back story better. Very similar, and all the major points were the same, but the details were better handled by the source material.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend who works in the biz and he tipped me off as to the ending. Here is the email he sent me:

I can't say who makes it, but here is the final scene:

The last four survivors of the show barely escape a huge hoard of zombies and are on the move. Stockpiled food has all now expired. They haven't been able to find a stable drinking or food source for days and it looks grim for our last four heroes. Two zombies come out of the woods. One of the last four falls over from exhaustion. The other three are barely strong enough to stand. It looks like this is the end for our heroes. But suddenly we hear the purr of an engine and our survivors see a large van. It mows down the two zombies just ten feet from our exhausted heroes. The driver rolls down a tinted window, she takes off her sunglasses. It's Betty White. "Boy you all look pretty tired. I have water and food in the van and a cure has been found. Get in. I'll take you to Chicago where we're rebuilding society!" Our survivors are grateful. They hug each other. They hug Betty. They pile into the van. Betty pops in a cassette tape and "Thank You For Being a Friend" starts playing. The window rolls up. The van drives through the forest lane toward the sunset. West to safety. The End.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't get over the fact the entire first few seasons were about finding a cure only to hear the show writer say it wasn't about finding a cure.

Props to them for a solid first half of a good zombie show. If it ended after six seasons it probably goes down as an all time great show. Money being what it is though...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't get over the fact the entire first few seasons were about finding a cure only to hear the show writer say it wasn't about finding a cure.

Props to them for a solid first half of a good zombie show. If it ended after six seasons it probably goes down as an all time great show. Money being what it is though...

Yep - perfect encapsulation. For all the failings as the show dragged on, zombies have always been a niche market, so the fact that the two dramas that the 2010s will be remembered for are likely a zombie show and a dungeons and dragons show is pretty astounding.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The should end it with a shot of the "writers" wiping their asses on "scripts" and handing then in - all while counting piles of money while listening to "Easy Street" over and over again.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The should end it with a shot of the "writers" wiping their asses on "scripts" and handing then in - all while counting piles of money while listening to "Easy Street" over and over again.

I still think they should fuck with everyone and have Carl wake from a dream instead of Rick. or even Beth wakes up.... grabs her bong and says "I really got to cut this shit out"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is pefect