• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Movies Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with wanting all your money, spending time in court, and not getting what you want? Does it have to always be all about you? You, the client, brought me the problem and asked me to fix it, not me. ;)

The problem is the billing practices. Somehow the time I called and asked what your favorite shampoo was, ended up being billed as a 30 minute consult.:laugh3:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the billing practices. Somehow the time I called and asked what your favorite shampoo was, ended up being billed as a 30 minute consult.:laugh3:

We're compassionate about your spending, that's why we don't round up until at least 20 seconds. If you get it in before that, we'll pro-rate it. Oh, and it includes holding time. Because we have to be on the other line waiting for the right time to start talking so as to maximize your bill, I mean, your quality legal service. Oops, for a second there I thought I was talking to the Managing Partner about the maximization brain-storming we've been working on.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're compassionate about your spending, that's why we don't round up until at least 20 seconds. If you get it in before that, we'll pro-rate it. Oh, and it includes holding time. Because we have to be on the other line waiting for the right time to start talking so as to maximize your bill, I mean, your quality legal service. Oops, for a second there I thought I was talking to the Managing Partner about the maximization brain-storming we've been working on.

What kind of hold music do you have? :)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the part where Steve Martin is talking about how him reading the vomit bag on the plane should have been a clue about how boring John Candy's stories were.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the part where Steve Martin is talking about how him reading the vomit bag on the plane should have been a clue about how boring John Candy's stories were.

I feel like you're watching the movie faster than I did.

Then again, I tend to use REW a lot, especially when I want to see certain details again.

Such as when the hotel worker was charging the credit cards, I wanted to pause it as each one was shown.

Also at the beginning, when Martin was waiting for a taxi, I wanted to check and see exactly which bags were his, and which were someone else's.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, bbl. I'll read your posts later.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neal: You know everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle! Your stories have NONE of that. They're not even amusing ACCIDENTALLY! "Honey, I'd like you to meet Del Griffith, he's got some amusing anecodotes for you. Oh and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it." I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can you stand it?" I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take ANYTHING." You know what they'd say? They'd say, "I know what you mean. The shower curtain ring guy. Woah." It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back - you would. Agh! Agh! Agh! Agh! And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Del: You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!

I had heard this clip on Sports Radio a lot, never knew where it was from.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at the 12 pics in that auction, and I don't see the cord. Not even in the pics with her dress removed, and her speakers showing.

Isn't there supposed to be a cord that's pulled to get her to talk?

Nevermind, I think it's just a ring on her upper back, but I think her hair is covering it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at the 12 pics in that auction, and I don't see the cord. Not even in the pics with her dress removed, and her speakers showing.

Isn't there supposed to be a cord that's pulled to get her to talk?

She's just a doll, Nuraman, just a doll. Stick to real live women. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's says we're going the wrong way.
Oh, he's drunk. How would he know where we're going?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be able to buff this out, no problem.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The scenes where they drove the wrong way scared me.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Candy also gestured drinking too much, with his hands to his mouth.