• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT-Stephen A Smith is a moron

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On first take he said that the Green Bay Packers with a healthy team would pick apart the niners. Really moron, injuries are part of the game and the niners beat the packers already.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On first take he said that the Green Bay Packers with a healthy team would pick apart the niners. Really moron, injuries are part of the game and the niners beat the packers already.

This plus, we beat them before the additional injuries and their injury situation isn't getting better enough to sway the odds.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This plus, we beat them before the additional injuries and their injury situation isn't getting better enough to sway the odds.

Neither GB nor SF is same team that met to start the year. A matchup 15 weeks ago isn't exactly the only determining factor in who's a stronger team right now.

While I don't necessarily agree with Stephen A here, and generally think his analyses are much better when discussing basketball, I don't see what's so moronic about any of it.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the same thing when people say the Broncos are better than the Texans, even though the Texans already whooped them in Denver this year.

"b-b-but Peyton Manning wasn't ready yet"

Meanwhile, when The Broncos beat the Steelers on opening night, Peyton was deemed "back".

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still think even some of the "professionals" under estimate how much a dominating defense brings to the game. They see an Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady and they lose their minds.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither GB nor SF is same team that met to start the year. A matchup 15 weeks ago isn't exactly the only determining factor in who's a stronger team right now.

While I don't necessarily agree with Stephen A here, and generally think his analyses are much better when discussing basketball, I don't see what's so moronic about any of it.

The fact that he talks in hypotheticals. that is like comparing apples to oranges in my opinion. most of the second half we were without Justin Smith, Mike Iupati and Brown for a bit. I would not say if those players were not injured than the Pats would not have tied it up that is moronic and it is not even worth comparing.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he talks in hypotheticals. that is like comparing apples to oranges in my opinion. most of the second half we were without Justin Smith, Mike Iupati and Brown for a bit. I would not say if those players were not injured than the Pats would not have tied it up that is moronic and it is not even worth comparing.

If the coaches wouldn't have taken the foot off the Pats throats the game would have been a lot different. They still would have scored some points, but I don't think it would have ever gotten close.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How exactly, if not in hypotheticals, should a hypothetical matchup be discussed?

Like you, I disagree with his conclusion, but just I don't see the moronic part.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This goes back to what the concept of First Take is intended to be, which is to create the most "gasp" endue-cing television possible (Ron Parker, anyone?) as a means to gain viewers and create word of mouth - "Did you see what crap Skip Bayless said earlier?"

Given the chance, First Take will always take controversial positions as a way to be different and show radical opinions. Like Bill O'Reilly or Keith Olbermann in the political world, they are not on TV to be informative, but instead to be entertainers.

"FUCK IT! WE'LL DO IT LIVE!" -Papa Bear

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetically the Giants were going to show the world how phony the Falcons were..... LOL

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually tend to agree with Stephen A. For him to say that they would "Pick the 9ers apart" might be a little over the top, but they do scare me.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I like Stephan A but basketball is clearly his strong suit.

Granted giving up 28 points in basically a quarter isn't good but I felt that had far more to do with our conservative play calling on both sides of the ball after getting that lead then our defense's inability to get it done.

If the offense was able to sustain some drives, eat up clock, and give the defense a rest then we probably wouldn't have this conversation of the comeback. Conversely if we didn't run what amounted to prevent on defense and stuck to what was working the entire game up to that point we wouldn't have this conversation either.

Also while I do believe Brady and Rodgers are up there together it's pretty clear the Patriot's offense and their team in general is better then the Packers so I just don't see the Packers being able to do what the Patriots did despite Rodgers at the helm.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers are a lot better then they were the beginging of the season. That being said, if healthy they are the only team I think can beat us in the NFC playoffs

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
comp-att 107-178
avg per game 27-45

avg comp perc. 60.5

Yards 1206
per game 301.5

TD-INT 7-5
per game 1.75-1.25

Sacks 11
per game 2.75

avg rating per game 83.9

These are the totals of Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Eli Manning and Drew Brees versus the 49ers this season...

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not a genius, but it looks like the Niners play pretty good against elite QB's...

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a genius, but it looks like the Niners play pretty good against elite QB's...

I was thinking about that as well. Still, our D gets too comfortable like they did last night and against the Packers. It allows those elite QB's to get back into the game.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was thinking about that as well. Still, our D gets too comfortable like they did last night and against the Packers. It allows those elite QB's to get back into the game.

Didn't the play calling switch to zone about half way through the 3rd? I'm not sure I would blame it on our D, more so the play calling...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless you count Eli...

But, they've done really well against Rodgers, Brees, and Brady. At least well enough to win the game before the officials let the Packers and Patriots charge back.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly, if not in hypotheticals, should a hypothetical matchup be discussed?Like you, I disagree with his conclusion, but just I don't see the moronic part.

Good point. I think that response is what's known as a "debate ender".

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unless you count Eli...

But, they've done really well against Rodgers, Brees, and Brady. At least well enough to win the game before the officials let the Packers and Patriots charge back.

I did count Eli...

The funny thing was, Eli statistically had a well below average game. But, we also had no sacks or int's against him. So The Niner D had a well below average game as well...