• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES! Way to beat the best. Good shit Stars.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very inspirational effort and win on the road a night after the near tragedy, down 2 of their best 9 forwards, and against the league's best team.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read some reports that Chiasson had a serious anxiety attack and had to be taken to the hospital yesterday... jeez.

What a win today. Imagine if we have everyone back and kari in net, although tim didn't look bad today. He made some big saves. He allowed more rebounds than I would have liked, and seemed to take a lot of chances in the net to leave a crossing pass open, but all that matters is that it worked tonight.

If we had a decent second line center... today we had a very gritty effort by everyone. Great defense too. I just feel we lack another scoring threat right now. We have benn and seguin that other teams are gonna mark, if we had one more it would help so much.

I mean both of our goals were scored with the first line out there, and then there was the one on the power play. Benn and Seguin were on the ice for all 3 of them. (I think Roussel had just got out of the penalty box so the lines were a liittle mixed at the time.) I think we need more scoring out of the rest of our lines in order to be ultimately successful.

Outside of that, no complaints. We just beat the best team in hockey.

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pevs done for the season...Glad he is okay, but that is a huge bummer.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pev visited the team today.

I'm worried that his career might be over. Not just season.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pev visited the team today.

I'm worried that his career might be over. Not just season.

Worried about that myself, that would be unfortunate to say the least. Guess they will know more after the procedure he is scheduled to have

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAC standing ovation for Pev and the medical crew that saved his life.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goligoski is back to playing like shit tonight

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that sucked. Gave one away there.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goligoski is back to playing like shit tonight

I was really afraid that we were going to lose after we didn't convert on a single one of the many golden opportunities and breakaways we had early in the 3rd period. Even when it was still 3-1 Stars, I still kept wondering in the back of my mind whether those missed opportunities to seal the game would cost us. And sure enough, they did. You can't let any team in the NHL, even the lowly Flames, hang around for too long.

And Goligoski was absolutely the goat of the game. He got spun around and lost his man in front of the net on goal #2, then he fumbled the puck multiple times on what should have been a simple walk out of the zone, turned it over, and they cashed in with the tying goal. From that point on the Stars were completely on their heels and frankly were lucky to make it to OT.

Our shootouts are horrendous too. Too many of our guys try to get way too fancy with too many dekes. The best shootout artists are one which give a slight head or body fake to move the goalie and then fire the wrister without waiting. Jussi Jokinen used to score almost every time by keeping it simple. Both Flames tonight who scored in the SO did the same thing- one subtle move and a quick shot.

1 point at home against the Flames after leading 3-1 feels like a regulation loss.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now have a very tough road trip. Winnipeg is very winnable, pittsburgh's pittsburgh, and philly's one of the hardest arenas to play at in the league. See if we can maybe squeeze 3-4 points out of this

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now have a very tough road trip. Winnipeg is very winnable, pittsburgh's pittsburgh, and philly's one of the hardest arenas to play at in the league. See if we can maybe squeeze 3-4 points out of this

I think 4 points is very doable. I like them to beat Winnipeg and then split the two games in Pennsylvania.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an ass kicking. Those losses happen...you hate to have them happen when you have a chance to virtually bury the hopes of Winnipeg and the playoffs and this late in the season but need to grind it out and get 3 points in Pennsylvania.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K so I'm indiffernt about this right now. Yes, I know we're battling for that last spot in the playoffs. But I mean, there are 15 games to go... and hockey is one of those sports where teams are so close in talent levels that the hottest team in the playoffs usually is the most successful. When the kings won it a few years ago, they were the 8 seed and got hot. So maybe we can afford to play really shitty for 5-6 games in a row and just pray that phoenix has some bad losses in there. Then, when we're hot, its the perfect timing and maybe we actually make it past the first round against st. louis or whoever.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K so I'm indiffernt about this right now. Yes, I know we're battling for that last spot in the playoffs. But I mean, there are 15 games to go... and hockey is one of those sports where teams are so close in talent levels that the hottest team in the playoffs usually is the most successful. When the kings won it a few years ago, they were the 8 seed and got hot. So maybe we can afford to play really shitty for 5-6 games in a row and just pray that phoenix has some bad losses in there. Then, when we're hot, its the perfect timing and maybe we actually make it past the first round against st. louis or whoever.

The problem is PHX is playing well so we can't afford to have 5-6 bad games in a row. We need Kari to play out of his mind in the upcoming games because the D looks like their back to their old ways. I feel like we're witnessing the beginning of a young team collapsing.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was that time a couple years ago where we had like 6 games left and needed to scratch a mere 4 points out of it and couldnt do it. DFW is full of teams that can't finish in crunch time. Cowboys, Rangers, Stars, maybe Mavs but I don't pay attention to the NBA lol