• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was awesome, but I'm worried about Kari. Lindy said Kari is "not doing that good." The D will just have to tighten up.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tuning into the stars game.... what happened to Peverley??

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has problems with an irregular heartbeat. Its weird though, cuz his line was on the ice when it happened. I'm thinking that he must have skated back to the bench because he felt in danger, and as soon as he got there he must've collapsed, because Seguin and Benn were still on the ice. Still, what a crazy scene

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game's been postponed... well there goes my night. At least Pev's okay (we think).

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peverley had no pulse, according to some reports, and had to be brought back to life essentially by the defibrillator in the tunnel. The first thing he asked upon being revived was "how much time is left?". He wanted to go back in the game. Just insane. Hockey players take toughness to a completely different and sometimes insane level.

It's good that Peverley is supposedly stable and conscious at the hospital. I hope he doesn't try to rush back to playing. They already knew he had an irregular heartbeat but thought they had it under control. It seems like he just might need some more medical attention and tests done before he ever thinks about playing again.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually really surprised that as many cameras as they have in that arena they didn't have any shots of what was happening as it happened. I know, maybe they couldn't show it on fox anyway, but at least Ralph and Razor could've seen it and described to us the events. I mean, the benches are at neutral zone at center ice. You'd think there'd be a camera just fixed on our bench

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peverley had no pulse, according to some reports, and had to be brought back to life essentially by the defibrillator in the tunnel. The first thing he asked upon being revived was "how much time is left?". He wanted to go back in the game. Just insane. Hockey players take toughness to a completely different and sometimes insane level.

It's good that Peverley is supposedly stable and conscious at the hospital. I hope he doesn't try to rush back to playing. They already knew he had an irregular heartbeat but thought they had it under control. It seems like he just might need some more medical attention and tests done before he ever thinks about playing again.

He lost his pulse? I've been looking everywhere because I was suspecting that, can you post a link so I can read it? That's absolutely miraculous.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lost his pulse? I've been looking everywhere because I was suspecting that, can you post a link so I can read it? That's absolutely miraculous.

There is no official link, but multiple posters (reputable guys who live and breathe the Stars) over on the official Stars message board are reporting that is what they were told by insiders and Stars personnel. I don't have any inside Stars connections, but those guys are very well connected. One guy even frequently hangs out with the Benn brothers and posts pictures of them all hanging out. He is one of the ones claiming Peverley actually had to have his heart re- started. I'm sure the media will release more details soon.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get the NHL Network, turn it on now. There's a press conference where they are essentially confirming it. They (the posters on the Stars board) are saying that the live feed of the game briefly showed 2 guys dragging what appeared to be an unconscious or lifeless player quickly into the tunnel before the camera cut away so as not to show any more.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindy Ruff has publicly confirmed that Peverley was revived and did in fact ask how much time was left in the period after he came to. No official confirmation yet though that he had no pulse... just what others are saying as of now.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't wrap my head around how quickly they diagnosed the issue and revived him. I also am still shocked that there was not one camera on that bench. I always thought they had one or two cameras always fixed on the benches to monitor line changes or to watch the coach for initial reactions on goals or whatever.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the game it cut to the camera that was aimed at the bench and showed a couple of people carrying someone. It looked like the player was on a stretcher.

Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved. That's 2 games in a row where a serious injury has occurred.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Y! SPORTS

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon Stars. Finish this one off. Great goal you beautiful french bastard.