• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Some fucker broke into my truck last night.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to shoot the fucker that makes you feel that is was your fault for leaving your shit in your car

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago my Hyundai was broken into. They got in by busting a window after it appeared they tried to pull the top part of the door open. They messed up the ignition but never got it started I guess and got my cheap stereo out by tearing apart the dash. The destruction was pretty unbelievable when you first looked in. It sucked, for the next 6 months I looked out my apartment window every time I heard a noise.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a window broken for loose change when I lived in DC years ago. I was going to be driving to Columbus, OH to visit a friend the next day. So I got estimates in DC and they were pretty high. I got an estimate in Columbus, taped the window for the trip, and got it done there by the same company for $50 less and used the extra money to see a Blue Jackets game. :)

There was a car in my old neighborhood that used to just have a sign on it:
"Car is unlocked. No valuables inside."

Pretty clever.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to shoot the fucker that makes you feel that is was your fault for leaving your shit in your car

I left a bag in my car that had my wallet in it once. window busted bad and wallet gone.

next day, I was telling some people about it and some dude says..well its your fault for leaving that in your car. I broke his fucking nose.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah. I had read your initial post way too quickly. I fully agree 100%.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
There was a car in my old neighborhood that used to just have a sign on it:
"Car is unlocked. No valuables inside."

Pretty clever.

my sister had a Triumph TR-8, and left it unlocked so people wouldn't slash the top.
all well and good until she found a hobo sleeping in it.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone smashed my back window once because I left a back pack on the seat. I hope they were real fucking happy to get my: roller skates, knee pads, mouthguard, and sports bra.

I had to drive to Vegas for RollerCon the next day too so I had to get it fixed aSAP>

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
find out where the bastards live, blow a truck sized hole in their front wall, trash the living room, and steal all their toilet paper.

fuckers.

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only time I've had issues is when I left my vehicle in Houston for a week when I flew out of town.

They managed to pull the window down and take a $40 stereo

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My car got broken into once. It was a kid who had been in and out of the Plymouth house of Corrections many times for stealing cars. It worked. He got better every time he came out. My car ended up being chased by the cops. Luckily all he did was ditch mine when he had an opportunity. He crashed the replacement chase car.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once had my whole car stolen from in front of Mrs. 43's house (we weren't married yet - she went by her maiden name Miss 27) while I was crashed out after a game. All of my gear, goalie gear and skater gear (I was told a third goalie was coming that night - so I could play D if I wanted). 2 pairs of skates, 5 sticks all my pads... everything. Probably about 6 grand's worth of stuff.

So for the 5 days I was without my car, I was in every pawn shop and play it again sports in town trying to locate my stuff. Spent hours trying to explain to insurance companies why hockey gear costs so much (more than the car was worth, actually) and why I had so much of it in there. Didn't care about the car, I was crushed about the gear.

Get a call from the local PD and the say they found my car abandoned, and I can come ID it at the impound lot. As they pull me up to it, I see the bag is still in the back. I open it up, and ALL MY GEAR was in there. Dumped out all over the back, but not one piece missing.

All that was gone was a 5 dollar sweatshirt and a cheap camera that was in the bag.

For months, I giggled to myself with the vision of these idiots rifling through my bag yelling "LOOK FOR ANYTHING OF VALUE!"

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Get a call from the local PD and the say they found my car abandoned, and I can come ID it at the impound lot. As they pull me up to it, I see the bag is still in the back. I open it up, and ALL MY GEAR was in there. Dumped out all over the back, but not one piece missing.

and THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why you do not deodorize your gear.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One time a guy busted out the window in my car. Once he got inside, I immediately started apologizing for sleeping with his wife.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once had my whole car stolen from in front of Mrs. 43's house (we weren't married yet - she went by her maiden name Miss 27) while I was crashed out after a game. All of my gear, goalie gear and skater gear (I was told a third goalie was coming that night - so I could play D if I wanted). 2 pairs of skates, 5 sticks all my pads... everything. Probably about 6 grand's worth of stuff.

So for the 5 days I was without my car, I was in every pawn shop and play it again sports in town trying to locate my stuff. Spent hours trying to explain to insurance companies why hockey gear costs so much (more than the car was worth, actually) and why I had so much of it in there. Didn't care about the car, I was crushed about the gear.

All that was gone was a 5 dollar sweatshirt and a cheap camera that was in the bag.

For months, I giggled to myself with the vision of these idiots rifling through my bag yelling "LOOK FOR ANYTHING OF VALUE!"

I've got kind of the oppositte story.
Once when I was going to college in Central Wisconsin, I was headed back after holiday break with a full car of stuff. The weather turned shitty and it was night, so I ended up spending the night in my old stomping grounds of Duluth, MN, where I had gone to college for 3 years. I found parking about four blocks away from where I was staying - the next morning I went to the car to take off and found the rear door had been pryed open with a crowbar. Went through all the stuff and it turns out the only thing missing was a pair of size 9 Graf's (well used, with the rivets popping out). Amazing considering the value of the stuff in the car untouched - original Beatles, Dylan record albums. I wear size 10.5 skates, so you can imagine my buddy was pissed when I told him his skates were stolen out of my car. Typical Minnesota car thieves I guess...

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew a guy that left his car in a parking lot in Detroit and when he came out the wheels were gone and it was on blocks.

It took them two days to identify his car because most cars in Detroit are on blocks. :D