• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Sixers 18-19 Talk

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya do know Sixers have they own page and would love threads such as this. It's just a click and scroll away......

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't do shit all offseason. They had to do something.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW! We just traded for Tobias Harris! 6'9" Huge upgrade from Wilson Chandler! Now the Sixers have a big 4! 26 years old averaging around 20 pts and 8 boards with the Clippers; shooting over 43% from 3. The Sixers are likely to sign him long term as well. I don't care about the 2 first rounders in trade ... this deal is HUGE!

The Clippers have agreed to trade F Tobias Harris, C Boban Marjanovic and PF Mike Scott to the 76ers for G Landry Shamet, F Wilson Chandler, PF Mike Muscala and a 2020 first-round pick, a 2021 unprotected first-round pick via Miami, and a 2021 and 2023 second-round pick.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highlights from his final game as a Clipper

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as big on BB, but it sounds like we could be the faves to win the East.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Surprised we were able to get anything for him (wasn't expecting anything more than a 2nd) ... dude can't shoot anymore and didn't show that he could take pro players off the dribble either. Who knows what could have been if not for the shoulder injury ... but he's damaged goods now and imo not worth what Orlando gave up.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised we were able to get anything for him (wasn't expecting anything more than a 2nd) ... dude can't shoot anymore and didn't show that he could take pro players off the dribble either. Who knows what could have been if not for the shoulder injury ... but he's damaged goods now and imo not worth what Orlando gave up.
We traded up for this fucking disaster.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BC did, never forget. That said, a lot of teams have given up or were ready to give up on a few of these players. I still think Fultz looked alright in his action earlier this year other than the hitch on the foul shot, he seemed to be improving with the pull-up. he could take cats off the dribble, don't know why someone says he was incapable of that. that said, seems like they didn't buy the TOS excuse, handled him with kid gloves the entire time and his representatives always had a competing narrative. end of the day, i wish the kid the best, I think the talent is definitely there. just a disappointing situation all the way round.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The shoulder issue happened after we drafted him ... just a costly unfortunate break.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shoulder issue happened after we drafted him ... just a costly unfortunate break.
the fact they traded him leads me to believe they didn't buy the "TOS" excuse.

it wasn't a pretty union, the entire fanbase handled him in bubble wrap. I said it before maybe here or in one of the other 4 threads, I thought he looked good. The FTs were ugly and I think his camp shut him down shortly later, but for the most part, he was pretty fluid in every other shot he didn't have to think about.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted to be impressed by Fultz, but he's looked very average the whole time for me at the pro level. I don't see anything special about him ... average quickness off the dribble, not a finisher, can't guard anybody. I think eventually he can develop into a nice facilitator ... but with his horrible defense and non shooting ability I think it will be very difficult for him to even see PT. I liked him coming out mostly as a good shooting 2 Guard who could also rack up some assist totals, but without the shooting he's simply just another body.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the basketball draftniks convinced the teams that Fultz was absolutely the best prospect. They didn't rely on the scouts to evaluate him properlyh.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main thing that impressed me about Fultz' college tape was his shooting and pull up game. That's what I thought would be a great fit on this team ... without that (who knows if he will ever get that back) and bad defense he doesn't really add much.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So impressed with Tobi Harris these first 2 games. Really well rounded player ... obviously an excellent 3 point shooter, but can also take it to the cup and can help Simmons run the Offense. His presence on the floor is also helping JJ get better spacing and Embiid won't see as many doubles down low. Great addition to this team by Elton Brand! We absolutely have to resign this cat ...

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So impressed with Tobi Harris these first 2 games. Really well rounded player ... obviously an excellent 3 point shooter, but can also take it to the cup and can help Simmons run the Offense. His presence on the floor is also helping JJ get better spacing and Embiid won't see as many doubles down low. Great addition to this team by Elton Brand! We absolutely have to resign this cat ...
Only 2 games in since the trades, but, I don't feel Jimmy B is in the flow as he was before. He seemed a little off Friday and Sunday nights.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 2 games in since the trades, but, I don't feel Jimmy B is in the flow as he was before. He seemed a little off Friday and Sunday nights.

Good point, Manny. I'm concerned about two things:
Jimmy will want to leave for a place where he can be "The Man".
Our defense needs to get a lot better, as we can't always outscore everybody else, especially in the playoffs.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, Manny. I'm concerned about two things:
Jimmy will want to leave for a place where he can be "The Man".
Our defense needs to get a lot better, as we can't always outscore everybody else, especially in the playoffs.

It will take a little time for all the players to find their roles with Harris in the fold. Harris, Embiid and JJ seem to work together perfectly fine. Butler imo will end up fitting better as a "jack of all trades master of none" in this Offense ... I do hope he resigns here and we can keep the 5 starters together past this year. JJ loves it in Philly and I think he wants to stay ... Harris imo really wants to make Philly his permanent stay; he has to be tired of moving around. Simmons is the one who's looked a little out of place with Harris being able to handle the ball also .... I'm sure he'll find his sweet spot in the Offense soon.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That loss was brutal.

This half court offense needs to run through Butler in the 4th quarter. We were all wrong. He's the only one that can shoot, drive and handle. He's the most important piece behind Embiid. It's too bad he missed those free throws.

The Celtics own Ben Simmons.