• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Shooting in Oregon Mall

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, once the media starts equating the NRA with the Westboro Baptist Church, some real fireworks should start.

Yeah.

I think Jon Stewart did a pretty god job recently of dissecting the "Just enforce the gun laws on the books" argument with how the NRA has been fucking up the ATFs ability to do that.

Like anything else, the layout is

10% Wingnuts for --- 80% normal people --- 10% wingnuts against.

The way you win anything is by not pissing off those 80%. Convince them, rationally and they will swing support your way. Heckling the father of a dead child does not do that.

Unfortunately for all of us, those 10%-ers are the ones that draw the best ratings on 24 hour news channels and they're also the ones that vote most religiously, so they're the ones that the pols have to pander to non-stop.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got co-workers equating gun-control to Hitler:

"This year will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"

...except Hitler never said this. People eat this shit up. I can't say anything because logic won't sway them.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got co-workers equating gun-control to Hitler:

"This year will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"

...except Hitler never said this. People eat this shit up. I can't say anything because logic won't sway them.

In a former life I worked in a consulting-type position where I went to various clients, sometimes for a week or two, sometimes for a couple of months.

Anyhow, at one client (a bank), a guy had a poster up in his cubicle - plainly visible for everyone working there to see - that said "Anyone who believes in gun control, raise your right hand" and had a picture of Hitler with a bullseye target on him.

I was stunned that a guy would put up a poster comparing people who believe in gun control to Hitler in his cubicle at a bank. Then I remembered I was in South Carolina.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a guy at UA with a gun. Based on the reports and the timing of them, I'm fairly certain I walked right past him. He told a woman to f-off when she told him cops were directing people south and kept moving, and I said, "Goodness, that was unnecessary" in my most sarcastic voice as he walked past. Then someone alerted the police to him, and he ran into the building campus alerts say he's hiding in now.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a guy at UA with a gun. Based on the reports and the timing of them, I'm fairly certain I walked right past him. He told a woman to f-off when she told him cops were directing people south and kept moving, and I said, "Goodness, that was unnecessary" in my most sarcastic voice as he walked past. Then someone alerted the police to him, and he ran into the building campus alerts say he's hiding in now.

jesus. get safe man be safe...

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:omg:

Proof that DS is so nice that even crazed gunmen leave him alone.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yikes and LOL at the same time.

Your urbane wit may have saved you from getting shot down like the animal of a Pens fan that you are.

I hope everything gets resolved peacefully.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes and LOL at the same time.

Your urbane wit may have saved you from getting shot down like the animal of a Pens fan that you are.

I hope everything gets resolved peacefully.

That's how you know hockey season is in full swing. :dance:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably took one look at DS and thought to himelf, "I'm not fucking with a mad scientist like that!"

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I... uhhhh... yikes.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably took one look at DS and thought to himelf, "I'm not fucking with a mad scientist like that!"

At the top of pic: SAYS "GOODNESS, THAT WAS UNNECESSARY" TO MAD GUNMAN

Underneath pic: MAD GUNMAN PLEADS FOR HIS LIFE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, some of these comments are hilarious! :laugh:

I guess everything got resolved and such. The alerts are over. I'm not sure if they caught the guy or not, or if the threat was even real. In any case, it seems no one got hurt, so that's good.