• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Shooting in Oregon Mall

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we don't all live on Mars.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was obviously an covert operation from the government to drum up support for gun control talks. This stuff just doesn't happen in Texas. I know because I read that on the internet and saw it on TV.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FONTANA, Calif. - The school police force in this Southern California city has acquired 14 high-powered semiautomatic rifles for officers to bring to campuses.

Fontana Unified School District police purchased 14 of the Colt LE6940 rifles last fall, and they were delivered the first week of December, a week before a gunman killed 26 students and educators at a Connecticut elementary school.

"I think it just further solidified the need to give our officers the tools they need to respond to an active shooter on campus," schools Police Chief Billy Green said Wednesday about the tragedy.

"If someone were to come onto one of our school campuses and kill our students ... and they were wearing body armour or were equipped with a rifle, our officers were not properly equipped to respond to the danger," Green said.

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most guys went to the same hospital to get treatment where they were arrested.. lol

man that is a terrible way to go. mostly indo-canadian in the TV reports, they love their swords

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn ... dare I say that guy could have used an ar15

Man dead after beating in Vancouver's first recorded homicide of the year | CTV British Columbia News

from the province

According to an unconfirmed emergency dispatch, the male victim was partially decapitated during an attack by a group of about 10 men.

Another dispatch says one of the suspects lost a thumb at the scene.

Read more: Vancouver records first homicide of 2013: Was a sword the murder weapon?

First homicide of the year? Amateurs.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver is now tied with Calgary regarding 2013 homicides - No need for a shootout to declare a "winner".

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver is now tied with Calgary regarding 2013 homicides - No need for a shootout to declare a "winner".

Don't give Bettman any more ideas.

Though that would be a heck of a way to get teams to not just play for the shootout.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kassian almost killed Kipper last night :noidea:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read about that this morning. some people have no boundaries they just wont cross. that is flat out wrong

A warning for gun advocates in the U.S.: the best way to show you are not a gang of bullies is not by heckling the grieving father of a dead six-year-old boy.

Grieving Newtown father jeered

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A warning for gun advocates in the U.S.: the best way to show you are not a gang of bullies is not by heckling the grieving father of a dead six-year-old boy.

A lot of times gun advocates do themselves no favors by the way they act. I posted in here a while ago about how a gun control question on the ballot in Md many years ago had the NRA and other advocates electioneering outside the polls. I knew several people who planned to vote against the question but had their minds changed by the way the gun advocates acted and looked.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, once the media starts equating the NRA with the Westboro Baptist Church, some real fireworks should start.

A lot of times gun advocates do themselves no favors by the way they act. I posted in here a while ago about how a gun control question on the ballot in Md many years ago had the NRA and other advocates electioneering outside the polls. I knew several people who planned to vote against the question but had their minds changed by the way the gun advocates acted and looked.

Yeah.

I think Jon Stewart did a pretty god job recently of dissecting the "Just enforce the gun laws on the books" argument with how the NRA has been fucking up the ATFs ability to do that.

Like anything else, the layout is

10% Wingnuts for --- 80% normal people --- 10% wingnuts against.

The way you win anything is by not pissing off those 80%. Convince them, rationally and they will swing support your way. Heckling the father of a dead child does not do that.