• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Roger Goodell's Salary

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell will get nearly $20 million per year by end of decade

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell currently makes roughly $10 million per year. Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal reports that, by the end of Goodell’s new deal [2019], he’ll make roughly two times that amount. [. . .]

Roger makes $10 million a year? Wow, I had no idea he made that kind of scratch. I planned on making a joke about Goodell using his new $10 million dollar salary as a way to recoup lost wages from when he reduced his salary to $1 during the lockout, but he already did.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lot of money yeah but I dont see a problem with it because of comparisons.

NHL commish makes 7.5
MLB commish makes 18.4
NBA commish 10 mil

Also just look at what some of the top CEOs in America make. Goodell has an extremely successful business. Even though they all seem way overpaid in comparison to us, in comparison to each other its about right.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus that is a lot of money for not a lot of work.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The NFL has grown a lot during his term, he seems to be effective. I'd guess that $10 million is a drop in the bucket.

That said, its more an indication of how warped the society and sports culture is. The NFL under Goodell has not just been successful, but greedy, pretentious, arrogant, etc. The NFL Network charges the cable companies a fortune for the pleasure of running that channel. Ticket prices are so far out of control its lunacy. I think everyone would be better off if there was a bit less money grubbing involved in this sport.

I mean, I can live with the talent making all kinds of cash, they are the elite entertainment that makes the business happen. Some corporate clone who bullies the networks and cities into forking cash over.......I just have no appreciation for that kind of stuff, and I think the league might be better off - if slightly less ridiculously wealthy - without him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worse than some illiterate fritada that can hardly write his own name who's making millions because he is fat and can push people around.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jesus that is a lot of money for not a lot of work.

The work people like that do (CEO's & such) is mostly over the course of their lives getting to the point where they're the best person for the job.

That said running the NFL is a lot of work and a lot of pressure.

18 Million a year for Bud Seilig? He isn't worth 18K.