• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Before I read previous posts I want to join in the LOL'ing of my autodrafted team. I dont know why it selected guys like schenn in the 5th round, drafted me only 1 starting goalie, and defense in the 1st 5 rounds.

Have fun destroying my team all year

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Philly Phaithful is phucked.

No joke.

In net:

Mason, a wildly inconsistent starter for a bad team.

Schneider, Luongo's backup.

He may have trouble reaching the three start minimum in net from week to week and if Mason slumps or gets injured, he's done for. Btw, if you don't reach the minimum, I believe you lose all four goalie categories.

There are some good forwards in the mix (Sedin, Briere, Jagr), but it's just an odd looking team. After glancing at his starting forwards, you'd think he might as well rename it the Philadelphia Oilers. They have a rich, successful history and a very bright future, but no present.

:csb: This message approved by Andrej Meszaros.

He should pick up Thomas Griess.

fuck

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I moved the younger guys up a bit to be late round sleepers....Now they are just highly drafted average players.

Don't know why it ranked them so high, guess i pushed them too far up the list somehow.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved the younger guys up a bit to be late round sleepers....Now they are just highly drafted average players.

Don't know why it ranked them so high, guess i pushed them too far up the list somehow.

If you are looking at only one position, and you move a guy up, you don't swap where he and the guy you moved him over were rated; you in fact move him to one slot above the guy you moved him over and everyone between them gets bumped down one. If you do this enough and don't realize what is happening (and don't check your overall rankings) you can move players far above where you would like to actually take them. You probably ended up stacking all the Flyers in the forward position much higher than you thought they actually were.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I read previous posts I want to join in the LOL'ing of my autodrafted team. I dont know why it selected guys like schenn in the 5th round, drafted me only 1 starting goalie, and defense in the 1st 5 rounds.

Have fun destroying my team all year

I was there for the first 7 rounds then left for a while. When I came back I was filling bench spots but still only had one goalie. Weird system.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, you had to factor in that we were drafting 300 players total. Our rosters are enormous at 25 per team. So, if you moved younger guys up into the top 150 or even 200, they were very likely going to get drafted, and by you only. I just don't trust the auto-draft at all. I never miss a live draft.

You might wanna give Bobrovsky a look in net. He's at least hot right now and you do have all of his teammates already...lol

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF!!! I thought the draft was today.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nm, it is today, wtf are you guys talking about?

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you are looking at only one position, and you move a guy up, you don't swap where he and the guy you moved him over were rated; you in fact move him to one slot above the guy you moved him over and everyone between them gets bumped down one. If you do this enough and don't realize what is happening (and don't check your overall rankings) you can move players far above where you would like to actually take them. You probably ended up stacking all the Flyers in the forward position much higher than you thought they actually were.

That makes sense, I did go position by position in order to find guys. I was hoping it would take guys like Schenn/Vorcek very late IF they were still on the board. Not in the 1st 5 rounds.

I know I am a homer at times, but I am very good at fantasy sports. (2nd places baseball this year!) This team is no where near my intention.

This team is epic fail

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you're off the hook, PhillyPhaithful. Whoever owns the New Jersey Rabid Squirrels just drafted quite possibly the worst Nhl fantasy team all-time. Aside from in net, it makes yours look like an all-star team. He literally has Stamkos, Miller, Brodeur and then next to nobody. It is pretty shocking to see.

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you're off the hook, PhillyPhaithful. Whoever owns the New Jersey Rabid Squirrels just drafted quite possibly the worst Nhl fantasy team all-time. Aside from in net, it makes yours look like an all-star team. He literally has Stamkos, Miller, Brodeur and then next to nobody. It is pretty shocking to see.

:eek:

He did make sure he got David Clarkson though.:D: