• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Racist Math questions for 3rd graders in Georgia

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christopher Braxton told ABC News affiliate WSB-TV in Atlanta that he couldn't believe the assignment his 8-year-old son brought home from of Beaver Ridge Elementary school in Norcross.

"It kind of blew me away," Braxton said. "Do you see what I see? Do you really see what I see? He's not answering this question."

The question read, "Each tree had 56 oranges. If eight slaves pick them equally, then how much would each slave pick?"

Another math problem read, "If Frederick got two beatings per day, how many beatings did he get in one week?"

Another question asked how many baskets of cotton Frederick filled.

'If Fred Got Two Beatings Per Day?' Homework Asks - Yahoo! News

This is unbelievable, really. The explanation of the district spokesperson is even more ridiculous. Claiming that the teachers were just trying to include social studies into math.... yeah, sure. Well, at least the lady actually acknowledged that the questions were inappropriate.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dude! I just read that article I was speechless!!...

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol,,,hit a nerve

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I thought it may have been a prank, like, someone at Kinko's changed the print order... but it seems like the teacher really thought it'd be OK to ask that stuff.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's seven oranges and fourteen beatings in case anyone was trying to figure it out.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's seven oranges and fourteen beatings in case anyone was trying to figure it out.

That's hilarious. I wish i could rep you for that one, but i must "spread it around".

It's a terrible thing. I hope more than just the one parent was upset about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wow people like this piss me off she shouldn't have a job. I am a strict supporter that teachers should be at the same level as doctors. We need the best and brightest teaching our kids. But unions make it impossible to get rid of bad teachers.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you suggesting that nobody should do anything about these types of things because it's "Everywhere"?

Yeah, I'm with you on that...Those questions are despicable

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm with you on that...Those questions are despicable

I really would be interested in knowing how many of the parents complained about it. Was he a new teacher who has been doing this, or was he a new teacher at the school?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really would be interested in knowing how many of the parents complained about it. Was he a new teacher who has been doing this, or was he a new teacher at the school?

It didn't say (or i missed it) I was so taken back, the latter is probably correct. I just love the excuse that was given though - they were trying to integrate social studies into math assignments.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't say (or i missed it) I was so taken back, the latter is probably correct. I just love the excuse that was given though - they were trying to integrate social studies into math assignments.

Yeah, i didn't either. That's a terrible reason. I can't remember when they start teaching kids about slavery in school, but i don't recall it being explained until after the age of 8. They state the questions like the kids should have a full grasp on what slavery means.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what are you going to do,it's everywhere

Hopefully you educate people so they know better.
It seems to be more common in certain areas than others.

I am not sure that you really understand anyway, you consider racism to be when a black dude has sex with a white women.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, that kid is dumb.