• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Premiership Forum

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that dude got rewarded with a first half hat trick for his show of classy sportsmanship. If I was on the other team, I know I'm already eliminated, so I take a straight red and knock a couple of his teeth out in the process.

So after the "goal", the other team kicks off and it looks like some of the players on the Shaktar team are going to let him waltz through and score (you know, to make amends for their player not honouring the sportsmanship code). All of a sudden, one of the players on Shaktar decides "Nope, I'm not going to let him score". Pretty sad and kinda comical.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Curious if they are sharing the stadium with the Red Bulls or playing at Metlife, Yankee, Citi. Give it 10 years and the MLS could be a very legit contender on the world stage.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Curious if they are sharing the stadium with the Red Bulls or playing at Metlife, Yankee, Citi. Give it 10 years and the MLS could be a very legit contender on the world stage.

MLS wants to build the new stadium for the expansion team in Queens

MLS survey finds Queens wants soccer stadium • TimesLedger

/and on the bold ... i mentioned it last week i think ... the MLS technical base/depth of player isnt there yet but i think it will get there eventually

BOLOGNA, Italy – In the first of two friendly games in Italy, the Montreal Impact lost 1-0 to Bologna Thursday evening in a game that was never really in doubt. With an important forthcoming game on Sunday, and Bologna fighting to stay in Serie A, head coach Stefano Pioli played a mostly second string side against the Impact, but the Italians nevertheless still managed to dominate the game.

Daniele Paponi scored the first and only goal of the encounter with a brilliant curler in the first half and Bologna really should have added a few others to its tally.

The Impact on the other hand had only a few sniffs at goal, and never really looked like scoring, as they played the majority of the game in their own half.

Impact defender Alessandro Nesta wasn’t surprised by the level of dominance Bologna demonstrated and the evident technical gap between the two sides.

“There’s certainly a difference between the two sides,” Nesta told reporters following the game. “[MLS] is a young league, Serie A has 100 years of history. It’s not easy, it takes time. MLS has grown very quickly, but still with 100 years of experience you can expect a significant technical gap.”

/btw watch for Paponi to end up on the Impact ... good young player ... italian media commented on how he completely stepped up his game in this friendly ... wanted to impress the impact coaches

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dream would be for the Calgary Flames (who own the Calgary Stampeders of the CFL) to replace McMahon Stadium with a retractable roof stadium in the hopes of luring a MLS team to Calgary.

/make it so Oprah

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dream would be for the Calgary Flames (who own the Calgary Stampeders of the CFL) to replace McMahon Stadium with a retractable roof stadium in the hopes of luring a MLS team to Calgary.

/make it so Oprah

Bring back the Boomers.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chelsea names Rafa Benitez caretaker manager until seasons end after kicking Di matteo to the curb this morn

famous last words from 2008 Rafa Benitez
"Chelsea fans lack passion."

/should be fun!!!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champs league golazo today for Milan (Mexes)

[YOUTUBE]AhVPOJmRknA&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lionel Messi has scored more goals in 2012 than Liverpool

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chelsea names Rafa Benitez caretaker manager until seasons end after kicking Di matteo to the curb this morn

famous last words from 2008 Rafa Benitez
"Chelsea fans lack passion."

/should be fun!!!

They had a small montage of all their coaches since I believe 2006, what a classless organization.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A8pARPPCcAEMl6j.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mascot for the 2014 World Cup in Brasil is an armadillo...His name is Fuleco (not to be confused with Shane Falco)

fuleco.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver Whitecaps FC forward Kenny Miller, currently training in Scotland with Rangers, is said to be looking for a loan deal to help him keep his match fitness.

The fit may be with Hibernian as the Scottish striker is said to be on Hibs manager Pat Fenlon’s radar as as possible replacement if Hibs can’t keep on-loan striker Leigh Griffiths after January

did he ever have "match fitness" as a whitecap ?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
golf clap for FIFA

Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl
Abby Wambach, Alex Morgan & Marta are 3 finalists for FIFA women's Ballon d'Or (World Player of Year). Christine Sinclair > Marta in '12.

Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl
I'm US's FIFA women's Ballon d'Or media voter now. My vote: 1. Wambach. 2. Sinclair. 3. Lloyd. (Morgan would have been my No. 4.)

Gerry Dobson ‏@SNGerryDobson
For those suggesting Sinclair's Olympic comments had something to do with her omission, you're wrong. It was the only reason. #blackballed.

Gerry Dobson ‏@SNGerryDobson
Christine Sinclair - golden boot Olympics, 6 goals, bronze medal. Career year. Marta, 2 goals, quarterfinals. Nuff said.