• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Plaxico Burress and Brandon Jacobs came to my high school

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This topic got WAY OT.

And it's pretty awesome.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was thinking that too, but I know my father still has his own shell reloading equipment and I bet we could reduce the powder and still keep the stopping power. If an intruder did break into our house, they would have to go down a long narrow hallway to get to the bedroom. All she would have to do is point down the hallway and pull the trigger. I'm sure once we practice with it, she would be used to any recoil, at least enough to not drop it or fall backwards. And if an intruder actually got hit with one round, I don't really see them continuing to advance without taking time to recover (if they weren't already fatally wounded), which in turn would give her time to send another round down the hallway.

Buy her a 410. Plenty of knock down power and almost no recoil, plus it wouldnt deafen you like a 12ga or high powered rifle would indoors. I'd look for something with a short barrel (under 20") but if it were me i'd stay away from the pistol grip, there is no reason a gun with a full stock cant be side fired and having the full stock would prob allow her to get comfortable shooting it way earlier.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you feel the need to disavow the Second Amendment, then obviously you aren't American.

See how making uninformed blanket statements is fun? Thought you geniuses at UVA knew better...

Please show me anywhere in my post where I said people shouldn't be allowed to carry guns on them at all times. I simply stated that if you feel you have to carry one around at all times to feel safe, then you've got more problems than that. I support gun rights 100%, but I'm not going to carry one around for extra protection. If I'm gunned down somewhere, then so be it, I will just leave it in God's hands.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show me anywhere in my post where I said people shouldn't be allowed to carry guns on them at all times. I simply stated that if you feel you have to carry one around at all times to feel safe, then you've got more problems than that. I support gun rights 100%, but I'm not going to carry one around for extra protection. If I'm gunned down somewhere, then so be it, I will just leave it in God's hands.

Some of us work in industries where we may rub some very bad people the wrong way.....

I plan on getting my C&C when a new job that is coming down the pike gets going....

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what your last thoughts will be if, God forbid, you do get gunned down?

He will think, "I wish i would have prepared myself on the off chance of this happening"......Which is exactly what goes through my mind when I pick mine up to take it with me. I'm a planner by nature, and me carrying a concealed firearm is part of that nature. No shadiness, no mental disorders, no enemies, no dangerous habits, and no "tough guy" dillemma......just preparedness.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us work in industries where we may rub some very bad people the wrong way.....

I plan on getting my C&C when a new job that is coming down the pike gets going....

what industry is that 46? if you dont mind me asking of course.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not anymore, but will be in the future. Let's just say that I figure out when bad people are trying to do bad things and make sure the people in charge know about it, therefore thwarting said plans, on a global scale.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not anymore, but will be in the future. Let's just say that I figure out when bad people are trying to do bad things and make sure the people in charge know about it, therefore thwarting said plans, on a global scale.

He works for the Catholic church. They're looking to beef up prevention, not relocation.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a more positive note, it's good to see that jeffro has come to grips with his anger issues and is now pleasant to post with :rolleyes:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

NOC, or analyst?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hm. thats pretty deep. didnt know that.. good luck then!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dang that sounds a lot like what my buddies girlfriend at the NSA does. lol