• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Plaxico Burress and Brandon Jacobs came to my high school

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We had an assembly only for the 2013 class. They both came and talked about education and reaching for "greatness". Plaxico is also paying for our class rings. It was weird how none of this was on local news...I guess they didnt want too much media attention.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting choice for your first post. Welcome

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had an assembly only for the 2013 class. They both came and talked about education and reaching for "greatness". Plaxico is also paying for our class rings. It was weird how none of this was on local news...I guess they didnt want too much media attention.

Did Plax talk about how "great" it was spending time behind bars?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Plax's crime was all that bad myself..... he just screwed up in the wrong state. If that same thing were to happen to me tomorrow here in the state of Alabama, i probably wouldn't serve any jail time what-so-ever.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Plax's crime was all that bad myself..... he just screwed up in the wrong state. If that same thing were to happen to me tomorrow here in the state of Alabama, i probably wouldn't serve any jail time what-so-ever.

Two points:

1) It's a Class B Felony to discharge a firearm in an occupied building in the state of Alabama.

2) With a Class B conviction, the sentence received can be no less than two years and no more than twenty years. If a firearm or other deadly weapon is used in the crime the sentence is a minimum of ten years. The fines associated with this conviction are no more than $10,000.

It always pays to know the laws in your home state.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing with Plaxico is that he was never really a threat to the general public. Yes he had a gun, but I'm sure it was for protection. From what I can tell, he probably doesn't hang with the right crowds so there were probably people who wanted to hurt him.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Plaxico is that he was never really a threat to the general public. Yes he had a gun, but I'm sure it was for protection. From what I can tell, he probably doesn't hang with the right crowds so there were probably people who wanted to hurt him.

If you feel that you need to carry around a gun for protection wherever you go, then obviously you are doing some shady things and know how to piss the wrong people off.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you feel that you need to carry around a gun for protection wherever you go, then obviously you are doing some shady things and know how to piss the wrong people off.

It is his 2nd Amendment right. Now the way he was doing it was not, but legally most people can do it.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two points:

1) It's a Class B Felony to discharge a firearm in an occupied building in the state of Alabama.

2) With a Class B conviction, the sentence received can be no less than two years and no more than twenty years. If a firearm or other deadly weapon is used in the crime the sentence is a minimum of ten years. The fines associated with this conviction are no more than $10,000.

It always pays to know the laws in your home state.

That's when deliberately using a firearm in an occupied dwelling...not an accidental discharge of the firearm. My mother was in a local Walmart once about 2 years ago when a guy dropped a gun and it fired.....no one was injured, and the guy didn't even get arrested. I have a conceal and carry permit, have no criminal record, Alabama doesn't require you to register a firearm, and i highly doubt an accidental firearm discharge would even get prosecuted if no one was injured..... I wouldn't even see a jail cell.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I carry around a gun for protection on a regular basis, and am a 4.0 student with no criminal record, and about the worst thing i do is have an occasional drink with friends ..... any of that sound shady?

The guy was dumb no doubt ..... but his stupidity lies in the fact that he didn't have the sense to register his gun, and walk around with a bullet in the chamber of his gun without a holster.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I would agree that he is shady. But you also have to remember that people with sketchy backgrounds who make something of themselves tend to have a target on their back because of all them haters. Also, I'm sure there are criminals roaming the streets of New York that are 10x more dangerous than Plaxico. As Cam said, he is just a dumbass for not getting a permit.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you carry Cam?

20028-1.jpg

;)

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Glock 21 right now, but i'm hoping to get something a little smaller to carry in the near future.

I like the Kahr CW45. Check it out. Slightly smaller than your 21 and light weight. Pretty accurate as well.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bullshit,,,there are assholes out there at will rob you or worse and they need no reason

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Kahr CW45. Check it out. Slightly smaller than your 21 and light weight. Pretty accurate as well.

Yea, i think a friend of mine has one and he loves it. I'm actually hoping to find something in a smaller caliber though.... the ammo for these .45's are getting outrageous.