• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: NASA Puts Rover on Mars

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they would do it if they were capable of it, but people can live in the international space station for extended periods of time correct? Why not permanently plant that fucker on the moon?

That's one of the suspicious parts. We (the States) are said to have the ability to land on the moon, stay for long periods of time in space, yet we haven't sent up anything permanent in roughly 50 years are having this ability?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one of the suspicious parts. We (the States) are said to have the ability to land on the moon, stay for long periods of time in space, yet we haven't sent up anything permanent in roughly 50 years are having this ability?

has anyone ever even asked why there is nothing permanent on the Moon? also maybe the Curiosty is not even on Mars. Maybe its just another lie for the government to spend $2.5B on something else that most people dont like.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has anyone ever even asked why there is nothing permanent on the Moon? also maybe the Curiosty is not even on Mars. Maybe its just another lie for the government to spend $2.5B on something else that most people dont like.

Pfft.. it doesn't matter whether it's spent over seas or in space, we'll never see it.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be the first person on Mars so I can be the BOSS and make all of the rules.

First three rules.

1. No cable news networks.

2. No politics allowed.

3. See rules number 1 & 2.

:boss:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be the first person on Mars so I can be the BOSS and make all of the rules.

First three rules.

2. No politics allowed.

Will you allow the Space Olympics to happen? I'm looking forward to Space Luge (assuming it's not cancelled).

Last edited by a moderator:

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First three rules.

2. No politics allowed.

You pretty much described the classic hit, Total Recall. I guess I'm down if they have a hockey team.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a 3 titted alien bitch.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you allow the Space Olympics to happen? I'm looking forward to Space Luge (assuming it's not cancelled).

You pretty much described the classic hit, Total Recall. I guess I'm down if they have a hockey team.

No problem with these as long as they stay off of my space lawn.

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem with these as long as they stay off of my space lawn.

"God damn, kids. I just raked my yard sand yesterday!!! Now I have to put all my gear on in the air lock and go outside the pod."

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First three rules.

2. No politics allowed.

KICK IT!

You wake up in the morning and you wanna talk tax!

You ask Bossman "please?" but he still gives it the ax!

You just wanna discuss where'd the air all go.

But the Bossman says no politics and no breaking news shows.

You gotta FIGHT!
For your RIGHT!
To M-S-EEEEEEEEEN-B-C!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The manned space program is expensive, and they couldn't get sufficient funding. If this Mars mission proves successful, and the space program gets public support, manned missions will start up again, and we might put a station on the moon.

Also, there is a moon, I believe Titan, which may be undergoing the same early processes the Earth did, at least atmospherically. One of Uranus's moons snows organic chemicals. I think it's Tritan. Those would both be very interesting to probe on the surface.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The manned space program is expensive, and they couldn't get sufficient funding. If this Mars mission proves successful, and the space program gets public support, manned missions will start up again, and we might put a station on the moon.

Also, there is a moon, I believe Titan, which may be undergoing the same early processes the Earth did, at least atmospherically. One of Uranus's moons snows organic chemicals. I think it's Tritan. Those would both be very interesting to probe on the surface.

Earlier I posted about Europa, which is a moon of Jupiter which is covered in ice and believed to have free flowing water under the surface. I believe a probe is being sent there in the year 2022 according to the wikipedia article.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier I posted about Europa, which is a moon of Jupiter which is covered in ice and believed to have free flowing water under the surface. I believe a probe is being sent there in the year 2022 according to the wikipedia article.

Ultimately, I would like to see probes sent to planet and all the interesting moons. I really want to see what's under all those clouds in Saturn and Jupiter. Of course, the craft we'd send there would have to be absurdly durable to deal with all that pressure.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DS, There's no need to get personal while making a point. :D

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bone density. A funny phrase, and a potentially serious space travel problem.