• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after popping and damaging beyond repair two replacement tubes for my front bike wheel this week, I finally successfully replaced it this morning.

The back one is flat now... :burt:

#BadLuckDarkstone

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a big rig pulls out from the shoulder on the freeway and doesn't take into account that I'm driving 75 and have to either almost completely stop or change lanes. Assholes!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a big rig pulls out from the shoulder on the freeway and doesn't take into account that I'm driving 75 and have to either almost completely stop or change lanes. Assholes!
On the flipside, people who don't change lanes when they have a clear path to do so when I'm merging onto the highway and force me to come to almost a complete stop. :D

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
banging-head.gif

The in-laws aren't staying longer are they?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, my post was a little flat.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The in-laws aren't staying longer are they?

Well, honestly yes. One pair is staying tonight as well. But the rest left today. Some highlights from the weekend:

1) She tried the brownies again. Used the right oil. But didn't set the timer on the oven. That stuff stinks burnt.

2) After the brownie fiasco, the Moms in law decided to make a special pound cake that is a family recipe. But she confused the recipe and used flour in place of the sugar. We discovered that much later because initially she had sorted the timer problem. And I went to pull the cake out of the oven.

She had forgotten to turn the oven on. It was still liquid. After we turned the oven on properly and baked it the right amount of time it was no longer liquid. It was paste.

TheShawshankRedemption.pie1.jpg

"Woman can't bake worth a shit."

Mrs 43 solved the bottom end of the mystery this morning when she went to make her tea and the sugar "looked funny". Yep. Someone had put the flour in the sugar canister.

3) The sink backed up. So the pops and brother in law rushed in to help. They took everything from under the sink out. And dismantled the plumbing. And went out and bought a roto rooter thingamajig. And got all kinds of really yucky dirt all over the kitchen floor (while we should have been attempting to make food for the next day). After two hours they re-assembled the plumbing and it was still backing up.

I poured Drano down it and it was just fine. Well, after I *found* the drano among the things that were under the sink which were relocated (most logically) to the back porch.

4) Since the main sink was occupied, sister in law decided to wash some dishes in the other sink. The utility sink in the garage. The one we dump mop water into and rinse paint brushes in. I made a note of everything she washed and set it aside and washed it all at like 2 in the morning after she went to bed.

5) Another sister in law was using her laptop and her daughter wanted it. So she just said "go use another one, I am on this one". So that kid went and malware'd and toolbar'ed the ever loving shit out of Mrs 43's work laptop.

6) At one point my father in law couldn't figure out how to turn off my TV (that big button on the front was too much of an enigma, it seems) so he reached behind and unplugged it. That took a little while to solve when the kids wanted start the Mario Kart marathon.

So, in summary:
bangHeadAgainstWall.gif

But my family and my wife's best friend from college showed up on Saturday and it got much better.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, honestly yes. One pair is staying tonight as well. But the rest left today. Some highlights from the weekend:

1) She tried the brownies again. Used the right oil. But didn't set the timer on the oven. That stuff stinks burnt.

2) After the brownie fiasco, the Moms in law decided to make a special pound cake that is a family recipe. But she confused the recipe and used flour in place of the sugar. We discovered that much later because initially she had sorted the timer problem. And I went to pull the cake out of the oven.

She had forgotten to turn the oven on. It was still liquid. After we turned the oven on properly and baked it the right amount of time it was no longer liquid. It was paste.

TheShawshankRedemption.pie1.jpg

"Woman can't bake worth a shit."

Mrs 43 solved the bottom end of the mystery this morning when she went to make her tea and the sugar "looked funny". Yep. Someone had put the flour in the sugar canister.

3) The sink backed up. So the pops and brother in law rushed in to help. They took everything from under the sink out. And dismantled the plumbing. And went out and bought a roto rooter thingamajig. And got all kinds of really yucky dirt all over the kitchen floor (while we should have been attempting to make food for the next day). After two hours they re-assembled the plumbing and it was still backing up.

I poured Drano down it and it was just fine. Well, after I *found* the drano among the things that were under the sink which were relocated (most logically) to the back porch.

4) Since the main sink was occupied, sister in law decided to wash some dishes in the other sink. The utility sink in the garage. The one we dump mop water into and rinse paint brushes in. I made a note of everything she washed and set it aside and washed it all at like 2 in the morning after she went to bed.

5) Another sister in law was using her laptop and her daughter wanted it. So she just said "go use another one, I am on this one". So that kid went and malware'd and toolbar'ed the ever loving shit out of Mrs 43's work laptop.

6) At one point my father in law couldn't figure out how to turn off my TV (that big button on the front was too much of an enigma, it seems) so he reached behind and unplugged it. That took a little while to solve when the kids wanted start the Mario Kart marathon.

So, in summary:
bangHeadAgainstWall.gif

But my family and my wife's best friend from college showed up on Saturday and it got much better.

That's reality TV gold right there

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its rare that my in laws visit but because they have in past and will again in the future at some point is one of the main reasons we finished our basement. Now I can hide without it being completely obvious.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its rare that my in laws visit but because they have in past and will again in the future at some point is one of the main reasons we finished our basement. Now I can hide without it being completely obvious.

my mom in law comes in to our place wednesday nights and stays to look after our daughter Thursdays when my wife works ... she has her moments but i appreciate this

but the key for me is making sure the basement guest room she sleeps in isnt too comfy ... its a finished room but ive made sure to load into it any piece of excess furniture or large annoying childs toy

an 18 inch wide foot path from the bedroom door to the bed ensures she doesnt stay past her welcome

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learned today that the trig functions in Excel accept their angles as radians. Since I was dealing with a really small angle, I didn't really notice that the answers were wrong. I just knew my 2D rotation matrix was not actually rotating the molecule properly.

Darn it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learned today that the trig functions in Excel accept their angles as radians. Since I was dealing with a really small angle, I didn't really notice that the answers were wrong. I just knew my 2D rotation matrix was not actually rotating the molecule properly.

Darn it.

Sounds like Excel is being obtuse :noidea: