• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The already battered Red Wings in the midst of a 6-game streak of losing a player to injury.

lhagen931

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landlords who either refuse or don't know how to fix the hot water heater in their building...

I have the same problem....i told my landlord twice that I had no heat and still I'm freezing my ass off. :L

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When watching a hockey game live and an idiot yells behind me to shoot the puck when clearly there is a defender standing right there in front of the puck!!!

Perhaps my biggest pet peeve at a game. Worst on the powerplay. "SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!" "No, sir...the guy at the point shouldn't shoot into that dude's shins."

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps my biggest pet peeve at a game. Worst on the powerplay. "SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!" "No, sir...the guy at the point shouldn't shoot into that dude's shins."

Yeah, but I'm conflicted on that one. Most of the time the "SHOOOOOOOOOT!!" fans are annoying... but sometimes, they're right.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidenote, although it wouldn't change things because of New Castle: both of those schools being in AAAA is silly. Playing a team like NA on the regular is crap. They graduate 3-4xs what Hampton does. I graduated with 250, they average like 800.
Still, even in AAAA, Hampton has dominated the last 2 years...but just couldn't get past New Castle. Speaking of domination, Hampton is something like 0-10 against New Castle the last 3 years, 4 of those games either championship games or state playoff games. Thus my post.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's even more fun in youth hockey. You get some kids who are trying to focus on moving their feet and keeping the puck on their stick and the second they gain the blue line parents are screaming "SHOOOOT!"

How about we let the kid get to at least the faceoff dots, mmmkay?

Yeah, but I'm conflicted on that one. Most of the time the "SHOOOOOOOOOT!!" fans are annoying... but sometimes, they're right.

One of the funnest games I ever went to was at the Cap Centre and there was a guy in our section (about 8 seats away from me) that was one of those types. He also was really really good at calling penalties from where he sat. Every opponents' line change he'd scream "TOO MANY MEN!" or every time a Caps player fell down he'd scream "TRIPIIING!". Eventually he started yelling at the ref. "KOHARSKI YOU SUCK!" and "ARE YOU BLIND KOHARSKI?"

After one ref aimed rant, someone further up yelled "KOHARSKI'S IN MONTREAL TONIGHT DUMBASS! THAT'S VAN HELLEMOND!"

There was much rejoicing. He left not long after that.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually he started yelling at the ref. "KOHARSKI YOU SUCK!" and "ARE YOU BLIND KOHARSKI?"

After one ref aimed rant, someone further up yelled "KOHARSKI'S IN MONTREAL TONIGHT DUMBASS! THAT'S VAN HELLEMOND!"

There was much rejoicing. He left not long after that.

:lol:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, even in AAAA, Hampton has dominated the last 2 years...but just couldn't get past New Castle. Speaking of domination, Hampton is something like 0-10 against New Castle the last 3 years, 4 of those games either championship games or state playoff games. Thus my post.

Yep, that's why I said it was basically moot because NC is smaller than Hampton (I think?). Basically I'm still peeved that when I was in high school we played NA, Seneca Valley, PR in our section for volleyball, even though they were much bigger. Well, PR isn't that much bigger, but still.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Girls "playing 'sports'".

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh great, now we will get plenty of 'guns are not the problem' comments and 'we need knife control' jokes for the next few weeks. Since according to some people right after a mass shooting is not the time to talk about gun control I hope the same people show that same courtesy they claim to expect by waiting for some time before arguing this proves gun control is not needed.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh great, now we will get plenty of 'guns are not the problem' comments and 'we need knife control' jokes for the next few weeks. Since according to some people right after a mass shooting is not the time to talk about gun control I hope the same people show that same courtesy they claim to expect by waiting for some time before arguing this proves gun control is not needed.
I take it you're referencing the incident at Franklin Regional? My wife just told me about it, I know little.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, right. Go ahead and read some of the comments. Works best if you sort them by oldest first.

Police: Pa. student flashed 2 knives, injured 20 - World & Nation - The Buffalo News