• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

lhagen931

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another thing that grinds my gears is that people keep stealing shopping carts and my employer does not call the police. ugghhhhhh.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a blizzard and my flight cancelled and not being able to get another one. I missed my sisters wedding today and if that doesn't rank up there as a real 'Thing that drives you nuts" nothing will.

It's been a long few days and I'm trying to be upbeat but it sucks fucking big time !!!!!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a blizzard and my flight cancelled and not being able to get another one. I missed my sisters wedding today and if that doesn't rank up there as a real 'Thing that drives you nuts" nothing will.

It's been a long few days and I'm trying to be upbeat but it sucks fucking big time !!!!!

sorry boss. that weather is a sumbitch.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss, blame it on an Alberta Clipper - I swear I was watching the news down in Atlanta one night and the weather segment came on and they were blaming the frigid (ooh 25 Fahrenheit is frigid) on an Alberta Clipper.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So sorry to hear that, Boss. I think once the weather in Buffalo clears up* we should all pay Boss a visit and make it our SportsHoopla yearly pilgrimage.

*See ya in June

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry boss. that weather is a sumbitch.

Boss, blame it on an Alberta Clipper - I swear I was watching the news down in Atlanta one night and the weather segment came on and they were blaming the frigid (ooh 25 Fahrenheit is frigid) on an Alberta Clipper.

Yeah, I have been trying to keep my mind off of it but god damn it sucks. I promised My sister I will get down there if February but it wont be the same. It was awful, she was so upset but kept saying "I know it's not your fault Steve, I know it's not your fault" but her voice was breaking up and frankly it brought tears to my eye's. We are a real close family and to be honest it hurt like hell. There is nothing I can do about it and I know there are people that have things a lot worse so we just go with what we are given.

Sorry, enough of the ramble. At least she understands and that's the most important hing but why now? :gaah:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sorry to hear that, Boss. I think once the weather in Buffalo clears up* we should all pay Boss a visit and make it our SportsHoopla yearly pilgrimage.

*See ya in June

I'm in. only about five hours away.

/Plus the daughter wants to go to University of Rochester.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-K-Cup-Bigelow-Mint-Medley-alt.jpg

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know a quick, efficient and excessively violent way to get rid of squirrels?

I have seen the squirrel catapult, and while it is funny and effective it doesn't satisfy my requirement of being able to display the bodies of those little fuckers as a warning to the others.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know a quick, efficient and excessively violent way to get rid of squirrels?

I have seen the squirrel catapult, and while it is funny and effective it doesn't satisfy my requirement of being able to display the bodies of those little fuckers as a warning to the others.

Just don't let the wife know, 43...

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no ... not without some friendly fire

ive only mass slaughtered pigeons before :noidea:

/sorry again birdman

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't let the wife know, 43...

They toppled and bent her somewhat expensive bird feeder pole. I am surprised she is not on the roof this very minute with a flamethrower.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*ring*
"Hello?"
"Is this coach forty_three?"
"Yep"
"Hey this is PeeWee coordinator honcho guy, we need to talk about something."
"Uhhh, okay. What's up."
"You didn't up your coaching cert to level 2 this year."
"Right."
"Okay, well, there was a board meeting last night and since you are not a level 2 certified coach you can't be a head coach."
"I am not a head coach"
"You are listed on the website as head coach"
"Well, I am not. We talked about this, honcho. At the beginning of the year. Remember? My job is too volatile and I could be called away at any minute and be gone for a few weeks. I can't be a head coach, it's not fair for the team."
"Okay. I just didn't want to be blindsided by you not being head coach anymore."
"But I am not head coach"
"Well, you are listed on the website, and we didn't want any trouble in the tournament if another coach sees you're not level two and tries to get your team disqualified."
"I am not head coach. Coach Other guy is. We've been that way all season."
"OK. As long as you understand. They were fretting about it at the board meeting. Weren't sure how you were named head coach when coach other guy is a level 3 coach. And they are worried because coaches over in Snooty Area like to cause havoc come tourney time with technicalities."
"I know, they had an issue with my son being an 02 Birthday on the Squirt Minor team last year even though he only went there because he was a goalie and they didn't have any. But I say again... I am not a head coach."
"Well, that's what's on the website so that's what the other coaches will see."
"So... change the website."
"We will, I just didn't want you to be surprised and wonder what was up. Why you were being demoted"
"It's not a... Okay. Fine. Just change the website. Everything will be fine."
"Don't get upset, it's not me. It's the board. They can't have a head coach below level 2."

Is fighting allowed in board meetings?

Jeebus.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Providing an estimate for how many man-hours a significant change to a software application will take and then dealing with business users who change their minds at the 11th hour (adding additional functionality outside of scope for the original estimate). Oh, and did I mention that I also fixed issues with the current application that had likely gone undetected for over two years (again, not factored in to the original estimate). Then seeing that management are circulating e-mails wondering why the development team doesn't provide accurate estimates.

:gaah: