• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are driving down the road at about a 45-55 mph clip. About 500-1000 feet up the road you see a driver getting ready to make a right turn into your lane of traffice. The douche bag sees you coming, there is no one behind you and he pulls out in front of you when you are about 200 feet from him. I just wish I had an RPG set up on my car for folks like that.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are driving down the road at about a 45-55 mph clip. About 500-1000 feet up the road you see a driver getting ready to make a right turn into your lane of traffice. The douche bag sees you coming, there is no one behind you and he pulls out in front of you when you are about 200 feet from him. I just wish I had an RPG set up on my car for folks like that.

non deadly solution???

BREAKING: #Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn tells @CNBC, "We are very close to an autonomous vehicle."

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bugs me is this fucking stomach virus i've had since last Tuesday. Have only eaten once in the last 4 days.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoke detectors. Random alarms in the middle of the night.

Over the weekend I replaced one in our bedroom that was going off, it would go off until we fanned it. It was 13 years old and they are supposed to be replaced every 10 years so I didnt mind replacing it. It was nice and quiet for 3 days then last night one went off at 1 am for 10 seconds or so and would turn off by itself. Then it went off again in an hour just after I fell back asleep. After the third time, an hour later, I just pulled the new one off the ceiling and figured we would deal with it later. An hour later another alarm went off, so last nights problem wasnt the new unit. Of course they are all interconnected so when one goes off they all go off. So all night every hour, almost exactly, we had alarms going off.

So I was at Lowes this morning and bought 7 new ones and replaced every single one in my house. Then I stayed home for two hours and did not hear any alarms or chirps. So I am caustiously optomistic, even though they seem to go off at night. If they go off tonight, not sure what I will do besides getting the baseball bat out.

I had to fix them, or try to at least, this morning. My dog gets terrified by the alarms even with me home, if he was home all day by himself and it was going off it would be awful for him.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoke detectors. Random alarms in the middle of the night.

Over the weekend I replaced one in our bedroom that was going off, it would go off until we fanned it. It was 13 years old and they are supposed to be replaced every 10 years so I didnt mind replacing it. It was nice and quiet for 3 days then last night one went off at 1 am for 10 seconds or so and would turn off by itself. Then it went off again in an hour just after I fell back asleep. After the third time, an hour later, I just pulled the new one off the ceiling and figured we would deal with it later. An hour later another alarm went off, so last nights problem wasnt the new unit. Of course they are all interconnected so when one goes off they all go off. So all night every hour, almost exactly, we had alarms going off.

So I was at Lowes this morning and bought 7 new ones and replaced every single one in my house. Then I stayed home for two hours and did not hear any alarms or chirps. So I am caustiously optomistic, even though they seem to go off at night. If they go off tonight, not sure what I will do besides getting the baseball bat out.

I had to fix them, or try to at least, this morning. My dog gets terrified by the alarms even with me home, if he was home all day by himself and it was going off it would be awful for him.

Co-worker of mine was telling me of a prank his friend pulled on him. Co-worker had just gotten a new place and was throwing a party to celebrate, his buddy bought some device that you hide in the house, it has 3 different, very distinct and audible beeps and goes off at varying lengths of time with no rhyme or reason to it. So for about 3 days my co-worker was losing his mind, unplugging various electronics, trying desperately to figure out where the beeps were coming from until his friend let him in on it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Co-worker of mine was telling me of a prank his friend pulled on him. Co-worker had just gotten a new place and was throwing a party to celebrate, his buddy bought some device that you hide in the house, it has 3 different, very distinct and audible beeps and goes off at varying lengths of time with no rhyme or reason to it. So for about 3 days my co-worker was losing his mind, unplugging various electronics, trying desperately to figure out where the beeps were coming from until his friend let him in on it.

That would do it!

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A few years back, I replaced all my smoke detectors. We decided to hang onto one in case one went up.

The wife did not remove the batteries before putting it in a box to be put in the cabinet in the laundry room.

Two years later: beep.

beep.

Took us four ^&(*% days to find the damn thing. I feel your pain Comeds.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years back, I replaced all my smoke detectors. We decided to hang onto one in case one went up.

The wife did not remove the batteries before putting it in a box to be put in the cabinet in the laundry room.

Two years later: beep.

beep.

When you decide to replace your smoke detectors, you put your old ones in a box.

When you put your old ones in a box, you forget to remove the batteries.

When you forget to remove the batteries, the smoke detector beeps two years later.

When your smoke detector beeps two years later, you reenact scenes from Platoon with Charlie Sheen.

directv-platoon12-adagesotd.jpg

Don't reenact scenes from Platoon with Charlie Sheen.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chinese students major in luxury cars - Yahoo Autos

Lind’s Chinese student customers almost always pay with cash. “Many times they’ll come in here,” he says. “They’ll pick out the car and say, ‘OK, I’ve got to call my parents and tell them how much to wire over. I’ve only got $20,000 in my account and I need $50,000, so they’ll wire the difference.’ 

When I was a university student, I waited for Safeway to put Kraft Dinner on sale so I could stock up (lol)

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fucking mind drives me nuts, such a wild imagination and always looking at the worst possible outcomes before it eventually happens and especially with how my relationship is going right now, my mind is going wild and I can't fucking stop it. Losing somebody you love fucking hurts. Feel empty.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Made it through last night with no alarms. I was worried about going to sleep. The night before it was almost like someone was watching me, the second I went to sleep the alarms went off. By 5 am I was ready to confess to the zodiac killings.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medleys. Both vegetable and musical.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00