• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
small zoo fundraiser.

Does this mean the goal of the fundraiser was not too ambitious?

Or did someone build a model train-like village with tiny animals (e.g. - guinea pigs dressed up in hippo costumes and such) that looks like a miniature zoo they need funding for to get off the ground?

I hope it's the latter.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean the goal of the fundraiser was not too ambitious?

Or did someone build a model train-like village with tiny animals (e.g. - guinea pigs dressed up in hippo costumes and such) that looks like a miniature zoo they need funding for to get off the ground?

I hope it's the latter.
The zoo has an okapi (Charles). That's it.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checking my 401k balance

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting this here because people that can't return carts drives me nuts. And these two the tip of the iceberg and I also guarantee with their big truck complain about gas prices.

Anyway Cart Narcs is a great channel!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the pandemic the CIO of my company has done a weekly town hall meeting letting us know whats going on. He is a smart guy who seems to be decent so the talks are often interesting. However a while back he gave some music recommendations and says there was a positive feedback* so he does this every week now. And today for the 2nd week in a row he talked about the situation in the Ukraine, kind of explaining it to us. Stick to the topic chief

* I have to think people were fucking with him

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit.....I just donated to a Facebook "friend"'s small zoo fundraiser. I meant to donate $10 or something but somehow $55 was selected. I debated trying to retract or cancel but I don't want to be that guy. Oh well.
Is it too late to withdraw a payment via Paypal? I hate to be like George at the tip jar but geez, how about a thank you or an acknowledgement Kate?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got an unsolicited email from a candidate for governor here in Ohio. The unsubscribe link takes you to the donation page and it encourages you to donate 5-25 bucks in order to unsubscribe.

The law states that they have to offer a clean unsubscribe link somewhere in the email, and I had to view the source code to find the link which was hidden in regular text that had a hyperlink in it but no visual clue that the one word was a link. Not underlined, not bolded, nothing. The phrase was "You can unsubscribe any time". The word "You" was the linked one. Not "Unsubscribe.".

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biopics about very recent history. Just saw Jennifer Lawrence is going to play Elizabeth Holmes in an upcoming film, that literally just happened. There's already a documentary about it.

When Steve Jobs died there were 2 or 3 movies that came out about him, I would much rather watch a documentary. There's enough interviews with him and people that were around him.

Or Straight Outta Compton, why would I watch Ice Cube's son play Ice Cube when the real Ice Cube is still around? I'd much rather hear him and the real Dr Dre tell their story.

Anyway, biopics for recent history are for stupid people.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
ryan reynolds hd GIF

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about this while stuck in traffic earlier - is there anything interesting about U2 at all? Not talking about the music, and I'm sure they are nice enough - but interesting enough for a series?

I ask myself this about 90% of biopics.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about this while stuck in traffic earlier - is there anything interesting about U2 at all? Not talking about the music, and I'm sure they are nice enough - but interesting enough for a series?
They did use their fame to bring attention to famine in Africa and the AIDS epidemic. Led the way for bands to have a "cause".

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
the best thing about U2 is that joke

Big U2 concert, Bono stands upstage and rhythmically claps his hands over his head about a second apart.
He says "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."
as he waits for dramatic effect, someone in the back hollers "well then stop doing it, ya fooker"

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that stop while turning. Dig if you will this picture, I'm driving to the grocery store blasting Johnny Mathis, and I need to make a left into a shopping center. There is a car in front of me, but there is time enough for both of us to turn before cars going the opposite way get to us. So they turn and I follow, plenty of time, until they slow to a crawl for no reason. So they are safely turned and I'm stuck in the middle of the road with traffic coming toward me.

It all worked out but it was much closer than it needed to be.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that stop while turning. Dig if you will this picture, I'm driving to the grocery store blasting Johnny Mathis, and I need to make a left into a shopping center. There is a car in front of me, but there is time enough for both of us to turn before cars going the opposite way get to us. So they turn and I follow, plenty of time, until they slow to a crawl for no reason. So they are safely turned and I'm stuck in the middle of the road with traffic coming toward me.

It all worked out but it was much closer than it needed to be.

This is what it sounds like when doves cry.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heads up, if anyone sees a video of the dog abuse in DC today - warning - I wish I hadn't seen it. Hopefully by showing it the person is caught and the dog is taken away, but it's rough.

Basically a body slam into the sidewalk and kicks. And sadly the dog doesn't run...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got thrown into a new project, one I am not thrilled with. Basically I need to let some people know something needs to be done "then you have to hammer them with emails and calls everyday until its done". That's just not me personality wise. My thought is I tell them what is needed then the ball is in their court, especially since they are far higher up the ladder than I am.

And the second fun part is I asked the other person involved for a quick phone call to be on the same page, and got a terse response to "just make a decision and document it". So I did. And now two days later he is messaging me to change the decisions I made the other day. This includes an email I sent - he would prefer I use a template he created that is 90% the same as what I sent out.

Mine is funnier though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN app and event replays.

F1 race was on live at 3am my time. So I put on ESPN app when I woke up to watch. In order to watch it, you have to go to the Auto Racing section. Which shows the first story "Leclerc wins as Verstappen retires again". The second story / clickable item is the race replay.

But when I clicked on that, since it was being re-boradcast on ESPN The Ocho or something it forced me into that "live" event with 10 laps (and 4 commercial breaks) to go. The original broadcast is done without commercial interruption. They litter the re-airs with commercials no matter what is happening on track.

I mean, I wasn't really interested in watching much F1 this year anyway.