• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mrs 43 and I went out to a restaurant that we like and haven't been to in the time of COVID. We haven't been going out much and this place is on the other side of town from where we live. It's a real Irish pub feel type place and they make a great pub roast as well as they make chicken and chips like a traditional fish and chips (I don't like seafood).

We sit down and the menu is one page, and mostly different. No roast, no chicken and chips. Their shepard's pie is gone. Their appetizers are also different and we think, welp. guess they got bought out or are having supply issues. Talking with the waitress the missus laments the loss of the roast and I the chicken and the waitress says "Oh, we still have those. They are just on the 'secret menu' now".

Apparently this is a thing. Restaurants print a limited menu and have far more available but you are supposed to google the restaurant name and secret menu. It apparently makes people feel like an "insider" or special that they know something secret.

My thought was "MOTHERFUCKER DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORD MENU MEANS"

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mrs 43 and I went out to a restaurant that we like and haven't been to in the time of COVID. We haven't been going out much and this place is on the other side of town from where we live. It's a real Irish pub feel type place and they make a great pub roast as well as they make chicken and chips like a traditional fish and chips (I don't like seafood).

We sit down and the menu is one page, and mostly different. No roast, no chicken and chips. Their shepard's pie is gone. Their appetizers are also different and we think, welp. guess they got bought out or are having supply issues. Talking with the waitress the missus laments the loss of the roast and I the chicken and the waitress says "Oh, we still have those. They are just on the 'secret menu' now".

Apparently this is a thing. Restaurants print a limited menu and have far more available but you are supposed to google the restaurant name and secret menu. It apparently makes people feel like an "insider" or special that they know something secret.

Yeah, I’ve noticed the rise of the secret menu shit lately.

And it’s exactly why I’m cool with the humanity-ending asteroid hitting Earth. We deserve it!

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it’s exactly why I’m cool with the humanity-ending asteroid hitting Earth. We deserve it!
I’m all for that, with one notation.

Ground zero is nancy pelosi’s house in SF

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is the point of an Irish pub if the Irish food is on the "secret" menu?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rise Of The Secret Menu was my favorite of the Star Wars prequels!
When they order ewok steaks it always both terrifies and amuses me. And makes me hungry.

Also, China Joe And The Ho was one of my favorite 70s CBS series.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit.....I just donated to a Facebook "friend"'s small zoo fundraiser. I meant to donate $10 or something but somehow $55 was selected. I debated trying to retract or cancel but I don't want to be that guy. Oh well.

She's obviously going to think I have the hots for her

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit.....I just donated to a Facebook "friend"'s small zoo fundraiser. I meant to donate $10 or something but somehow $55 was selected. I debated trying to retract or cancel but I don't want to be that guy. Oh well.

She's obviously going to think I have the hots for her
$55 will buy you and her a decent dinner at Applebee's.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not-likely.gif

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I was addressing Comeds. One man's treasure...
…is a another man’s dead taste buds?

Not a Rhodes scholar, but I don’t think that’s how that one goes.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think she is Florida based, is Beef O Brady's still around? Looked like a classy joint from the ads I saw on Center Ice.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think she is Florida based, is Beef O Brady's still around? Looked like a classy joint from the ads I saw on Center Ice.
Oh, you didn't mention Florida. Golden Corral is the choix parfait.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My mom fed us horse meat steak when we were kids.
Said it was a delicacy when she was growing up back in Holland.
But she didn't tell us until we were halfway through.

40 years later, I still don't think my sister has forgiven her.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mom fed us horse meat steak when we were kids.
Said it was a delicacy when she was growing up back in Holland.
But she didn't tell us until we were halfway through.

40 years later, I still don't think my sister has forgiven her.
My wife grew up in a semi-rural town outside of Houston (now a full blown suburb) and her grandfather had a ranch. When he had a calf or baby goat or something he would take it to his granddaughters and they would keep it for a summer or until it got too big. So they had a calf they named Bozo as a pet for a while. Cut to a year later or so they were eating dinner at their grandfather's and halfway through the meal he announced "this is Bozo!". To three girls under 10. And the old man didn't understand why there were tears and spit out food.

My mother is law is from Holland, I'll have to ask her about horse next time I talk to her.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^
are you 2 related or something?