• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Music Mood Thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keyed up to a key moment
This reminds me of a time shortly after I got married, my wife set us up to go to a "cooking course" hosted by a company called Cuisine Sante ... think timeshare presentation but they try to sell you completely wacko priced cookware ... and in an odd twist ... they were also selling those exercise vibration machines.

So we did the whole cook your whole meal in ONE SINGLE PAN!!! Food actually tasted good ... we got to eat what we cooked and then after we're done, they roll out this vibration tit ... err ... fat jiggler machine and ask if anyone would like to volunteer to demonstrate ... this fatty puts her hand up and the host points instead directly to my wife who did not raise her hand at all ... she later said she should have worn a sports bra ... dinner and a show i guess :noidea:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keyed up to a key moment
I also dont want to be mean to Chloe Sevigny, shes pretty and a decent actress, but while she looks good she is a little aged out in this video. Almost like at the end "Hey look, Moms here!"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Directed by Tobe Hooper.

I did not know that.

Tobe directed the Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
RIP John Mayall (90), the Godfather of British Blues
the list of guitarists that cut their teeth in his bands is amazing
Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Mick Taylor, Marc Almond to name a few.
Bassists: Jack Bruce, John McVie

Last edited:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
That "Marc Almond" should be "Mark/Almond" who formed Canned Heat right after their stint with Mayall.

Two dudes, not one dude.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP John Mayall (90), the Godfather of British Blues
the list of guitarists that cut their teeth in his bands is amazing
Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Mick Taylor, Marc Almond to name a few.
Bassists: Jack Bruce, John McVie

godfather of british blues accurate statement.rip

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what band got you guys into rock music?mine was zeppelin in my time of dying when my best buddy to this day played it for me on a snowy va day when school got canceled and the cable went out.still hooked 47 years later.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what band got you guys into rock music?mine was zeppelin in my time of dying when my best buddy to this day played it for me on a snowy va day when school got canceled and the cable went out.still hooked 47 years later.
One of my earliest music memories is riding around in my brothers Camaro when I was about seven years old while he played The Dark Side of the Moon 8 track over and over and over. So Pink Floyd for me

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my earliest music memories is riding around in my brothers Camaro when I was about seven years old while he played The Dark Side of the Moon 8 track over and over and over. So Pink Floyd for me
i think its the longest ever lp to stay in the top 100.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots of different music influences early...My dad was a huge jazz fan, so I listened to Dave Brubeck and Oscar Peterson with him. My older sisters were all over the place with their taste, Eagles, Doobie Brothers, Elton John, but also Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Deep Purple.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dLots of different music influences early...My dad was a huge jazz fan, so I listened to Dave Brubeck and Oscar Peterson with him. My older sisters were all over the place with their taste, Eagles, Doobie Brothers, Elton John, but also Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Deep Purple.
my dad loved strauss,mother country,2 older sisters beatles and carpenters.my dad liked gordon lightfoot too.could play anything on piano by ear.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My dad listened to country AND western. My mom was more of a Nana Mouskouri person.
So i was on my own musically

first song i can remember listening to over and over again was Foreigner's Juke Box Hero. (prob 10 or 11 years old)
first album i can recall playing on repeat for weeks at a time was Judas Priest Defenders of the Faith. (13 or 14 prob)
One move that altered my musical trajectory was trading my cassette of the Motels to some kid in grade 6 for Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

there have been a bunch that have been "holy shit" moments since.
roughly chronologically:
Scorpions - Love at First Sting
The Cult - Electric
The Cure - Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me
Tragically Hip - Up To Here
Pearl Jam - 10
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dreams
Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies
Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen <--- this one still #1 on my desert island list

more recently, the concept of albums has fallen by the wayside, but a few more recent bands that have been revelations have been
The Glorious Sons
Black Pistol Fire
Cleopatrick.... coincidentally, all Canadian

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first song i can remember listening to over and over again was Foreigner's Juke Box Hero. (prob 10 or 11 years old)
first album i can recall playing on repeat for weeks at a time was Judas Priest Defenders of the Faith. (13 or 14 prob)
One move that altered my musical trajectory was trading my cassette of the Motels to some kid in grade 6 for Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

there have been a bunch that have been "holy shit" moments since.
roughly chronologically:
Scorpions - Love at First Sting
The Cult - Electric
The Cure - Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me
Tragically Hip - Up To Here
Pearl Jam - 10
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dreams
Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies
Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen <--- this one still #1 on my desert island list

more recently, the concept of albums has fallen by the wayside, but a few more recent bands that have been revelations have been
The Glorious Sons
Black Pistol Fire
Cleopatrick.... coincidentally, all Canadian
pistols were the shit in 77 bassett.foreigner was big amongst us 10th graders in 78.