• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Lions' Jahvid Best unlikely to play football again

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions' Jahvid Best unlikely to play football again - NFL.com

Thank you, Jahvid, for all of those memorable games at Cal. Will never forget the first time I saw you run at the old Memorial Stadium and thinking how Golden Bears fans would be in good hands after Marshawn left.

Sad way to end a career. Best wishes to you.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's too bad. Well, at least he got to make a little money.

He could've done some great things if he didn't get hurt.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lions' Jahvid Best unlikely to play football again - NFL.com

Thank you, Jahvid, for all of those memorable games at Cal. Will never forget the first time I saw you run at the old Memorial Stadium and thinking how Golden Bears fans would be in good hands after Marshawn left.

Sad way to end a career. Best wishes to you.

He was my favorite running back prospect the year he came out. The guy is such a talent. What a shame it had to end that way.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He was my favorite running back prospect the year he came out.

Mine too. When the Niners drafted Lamichael James, I was happy because they finally got a Jahvid Best kind of RB I always wanted 'em to get.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad, but best for his future. Very talented young man.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hope the injury doens't prevent him from running & working out into his old age. I see so many people who simply don't take care of themselves, and then I feel horrilble for people who have an injury that keeps 'em from exercizing. I'm in the gym 5 or 6 days a week if I'm not nursing an injury (which is a lot; I'm made of glass). It can be depressing to not have that outlet.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks, he looked like he could eventually be a very good player and a perfect compliment to Megatron and the attention he draws. Is this because he rushed back from previous concussions?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That sucks, he looked like he could eventually be a very good player and a perfect compliment to Megatron and the attention he draws. Is this because he rushed back from previous concussions?

If he could've stayed healthy, that Lions' offense could have become like the Rams were in the late '90's & early '00's (assuming Stafford doesn't continue to play like crap). They were one of the teams I thought could establish something pretty formidable for a long time. Guess this proves that nothing good happens in Detroit.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That calls for the obligatory....

[YOUTUBE]Ny4a-oxOndo[/YOUTUBE]

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that sucks, sad to see such a promising career end this way.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine too. When the Niners drafted Lamichael James, I was happy because they finally got a Jahvid Best kind of RB I always wanted 'em to get.

LMJ can dream about having Best's open field elusiveness. I've never seen anyone like Best in the open field.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jahvid Best - RB - Lions

Jahvid Best (concussions) is "never giving up hope" of playing again.

"It's been about a year and a half now, but I'm still working out like I'm playing next week," Best said. "I'm staying ready so if the opportunity does present itself, I'll be ready." Best has been symptom free for some time now, but unable to obtain final clearance from a neurologist. If Best ever does take the field again, it's unlikely to be with the Lions, who moved on by signing Reggie Bush. Unfortunately, Best has probably played his final down.
Source: Baltimore Sun

Mar 18 - 10:09 AM

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A comeback would be awesome to see, but very understandable why there isn't a neurologist who will clear him

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A comeback would be awesome to see, but very understandable why there isn't a neurologist who will clear him

It's a terrible sign that he hasn't been able to find one doctor who will clear him after all this time. Doctors often have different opinions. I guess in Best's case, it's just clear as day that he should never play again.