• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I've given up on Matt Schaub & Tony Romo

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Schaub was going to show that he's anything but a mediocre QB, I think this was the season he was going to do it.

Tony Romo too. Both went into the season with some very impressive talent (especially at WR), and neither impressed me. Chalk Schaub up with the Andy Daltons and the Alex Smiths of the world. The Texans would have to have a defense as good as or better than the Niners' defense at full strength to win a SB with Schaub at the helm (and they don't have that). The might've had that if they kept Mario Williams around.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton is only in his 2nd season, and IMO will only get better.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Dalton consistently over throw and under throw his receivers . I've seen more than half his games and I can say AJ green is constantly bailing him out. Maybe he can improve who am I to say he can't but I don't like him at all.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I will talk about our QBs. Shocking. ;)

Kaepernick obviously doesn't have enough passes to qualify for the list, but he'll be up there when he gets enough passes. Right now, he'd be 2nd place. Even with 0 INTs, he'd still be behind Rodgers. Even with 4 more TDs, he'd be behind Rodgers. Steve Young is currently second.

Alex, is 68th, but if you took out the games in 2007 after the shoulder injury, when he had no business toughing it out, he'd be 53rd, right above Vick. Obviously, when Kaepernick, Griffin, et all have enough throws to qualify, they'll push him down the list.

Including 2007 and if he played out the rest of his career here and that were a few years, like 5-8 more, I could see him getting to Top 25 (~85). Five years at this years rate would get him to Top 12 (91.6). And 8 years would get him to Top 6 (94.5). Since he likely would not maintain his 104 rating, hypothetically, if he stayed here, Top 25 doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility (bringing his 79.1 career rating up to ~85.0). I know no one wants him to stay, just saying.

Having said that, passer rating, as I've stated before is not the way to judge a QB.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is completely inconsistent, and he chokes in big games. I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded or cut this offseason.

The QB gets too much credit and too much blame.

That Dallas team is overrated and Garrett's play calling is suspect.

Romo was one of the only things making the cowboys a (almost) playoff team.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this time. Romo single-handedly lost that game on Sunday.

If the WRs run the wrong route or read a blitz play wrong, the QB gets the int and the criticism.

I'll refrain from commenting on the Washington game as I had the game on but had people over and didn't watch every play.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 picks were Romo's fault. He choked. Again.

33 carries, 200 yards.

Bad offensive line, lost their best LB=weak against the run, shaky WR corps but Dez and an aging Whitten.

The cowboys just aren't a very good football team.

If anything, all of Romo's comebacks late in games this season have been masking that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
33 carries, 200 yards.

Bad offensive line, lost their best LB=weak against the run, shaky WR corps but Dez and an aging Whitten.

The cowboys just aren't a very good football team.

If anything, all of Romo's comebacks late in games this season have been masking that.

Look at all these non-sequiturs! Dallas' defense didn't cause Romo to throw 3 picks. Romo's picks caused the defense to have to be on the field more. Romo threw 3 friggn' picks, and they were all his fault. He was not about to be hit when he threw them. If you throw 3 interceptions, you're not going to beat a good team (unless they do the same).

And Dallas has had more than good talent during Romo's tenure as a Cowboy, so do't give me that. Other than Matt Ryan, there atren't a lot of QBs who have has more talent than he's had.

Romo is an average to slightly above average QB, and he sucks in big games. He's about the worstt thing you can have at QB because a bad QB is bad enough that he won't last very long.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is Schuabs' first real opportunity in the postseason. Let's see how he fares out? Houston definitely declined towards the end of the season, but not all of that is on Schuab IMO.

Dalton is in his 2nd year and has made back to back postseason appearances... ONE could say overachieving? but I think Dalton will only get better.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well this is Schuabs' first real opportunity in the postseason. Let's see how he fares out? Houston definitely declined towards the end of the season, but not all of that is on Schuab IMO.

Dalton is in his 2nd year and has made back to back postseason appearances... ONE could say overachieving? but I think Dalton will only get better.

I don't have any confidence in either one. I think Houston easily takes care of the Bengals, and then they'll lose to New England in a route. I really hope I'm wrong.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Houston's defense suffering injuries is more to blame for their end of season woes than Schaub's performance.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at all these non-sequiturs! Dallas' defense didn't cause Romo to throw 3 picks. Romo's picks caused the defense to have to be on the field more. Romo threw 3 friggn' picks, and they were all his fault. He was not about to be hit when he threw them. If you throw 3 interceptions, you're not going to beat a good team (unless they do the same).

And Dallas has had more than good talent during Romo's tenure as a Cowboy, so do't give me that. Other than Matt Ryan, there atren't a lot of QBs who have has more talent than he's had.

Romo is an average to slightly above average QB, and he sucks in big games. He's about the worstt thing you can have at QB because a bad QB is bad enough that he won't last very long.

Non sequiturs yes but illustrating my point that there are many plays that eventually get boiled down to the QB "choking".

The W or L paints the picture for what the QB did.

The Cowboys have had talent but are also overrated by the media. Big names fuel the hype machine.

Romo, to me is like a Jay Cutler or Phillip Rivers. I don't think he is an elite QB that can make up for a team's deficiencies like a Brady or Rodgers can but whose reputation is built partially by the team he plays for.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Romo, to me is like a Jay Cutler or Phillip Rivers. I don't think he is an elite QB that can make up for a team's deficiencies like a Brady or Rodgers can but whose reputation is built partially by the team he plays for.

Cutler & Rivers have garbage talent aroud them. They're MUCH better QBs than Romo.