• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what's in there. A lot of cobwebs and a skeleton wearing a Habs uni in the corner. :behindsofa:

I am going to burn that couch with you inside the cushions for that comment. Dumb bird.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont even want to know whats in there... Twisted mind. Only marijuana unlocks its true potential.

I used to be in favor of legalization on the basis of generating more tax revenue, but it is clear to me now that it should remain illegal in order to protect America from :sly:'s twisted mind.

I felt instantly relaxed when I read it.

It really had a laid-back feel to it, didn't it?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Ugh. I just got in from a three hour practice and had a ninety minute one last night. My feet hurt.
are you back roller-derbying?

since this thread is about the ocho ... this is insane!!!

Elias: Jamie Moyer has pitched to eight percent of all hitters in major league history.

I read that stat a while ago, but dismissed it as hyperbole.
- he's been in the league for 25ish years, MLB has been around for what... 140 years?
- he'd have to be in both leagues rather frequently to get access to 1/2 of the players.

so been active for roughly 17% of the leagues history, and yeah I guess it makes sense that he's faced roughly half the batters in that time. More teams / player now than during early years too, of course.
wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you back roller-derbying?

I read that stat a while ago, but didn't believe it.
- he's been in the league for 25ish years, MLB has been around for what... 140 years?
- he'd have to be in both leagues rather frequently to get access to 1/2 of the players.

so been active for roughly 17% of the leagues history, and yeah I guess it makes sense that he's faced roughly half the batters in that time. More teams / player now than during early years too, of course.
wow.

He has pitched significant stretches in both leagues, so he meets that criterion.

He looks older than my dad, though. And my dad is almost 70. Amazing that he still pitches at a Major League level. You really have to understand pitching to keep getting guys out with a sub-80 fastball.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big optics, little optics, glass, quartz, Teflon, linear, nonlinear, holography, phase conjugation. It doesn't matter. It's all fascinating to me.

I invested heavily in a nano-tech company that commercialized a nano-optic application .. it fascinates me too :)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has pitched significant stretches in both leagues, so he meets that criterion.

He looks older than my dad, though. And my dad is almost 70. Amazing that he still pitches at a Major League level. You really have to understand pitching to keep getting guys out with a sub-80 fastball.

he definitely has the guile to understand hitters and prey on young ones shortcomings, especially those that are over-agressive at the plate

Status
Not open for further replies.