• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dinkfast is Dinner + Breakfast. Kinda like Brunch except way cheaper and usually a lot more taco bell

I see....

futuramafry.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got up early this morning and made halushki for brunch. YUM.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are right about the Insanity thing seemingly being meant for really in shape people already. I agree. They just seem to market it like that. I have a feeling that I'm going to hate myself after about 10 minutes. On of my profs, who's not overweight at all, said he had to stop after the warmup on day 1. They have shown some bigger people able to overcome it, but they've had to make adjustments. I know I'm not strong enough to do a lot of the stuff, but gotta build towards it. Basically: I'll have to do this through about 3 cycles. Or more.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are right about the Insanity thing seemingly being meant for really in shape people already. I agree. They just seem to market it like that. I have a feeling that I'm going to hate myself after about 10 minutes. On of my profs, who's not overweight at all, said he had to stop after the warmup on day 1. They have shown some bigger people able to overcome it, but they've had to make adjustments. I know I'm not strong enough to do a lot of the stuff, but gotta build towards it. Basically: I'll have to do this through about 3 cycles. Or more.

I read recently that stamina is mostly mental. If you think "I can" instead of "I can't" when things get tough, you'll be able to keep going.

So every now and then when you're doing this workout, just whisper "I can" under your breath. Eventually your brain will buy it.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Jeremiah Johnson was an oooo..kay movie. The story line is kind of all over the place and didn't really have a good framework. It's just like some stuff happens here some stuff happens there, he kills some Indians, and the end. It had some nice cinematography (for it's day especially), but compared to modern HD movies, it looks grainy and uninteresting. There are just a lot of shots of him riding around on horses that are VERY long shots, especially by today's standards. So, it's a little boring, and yet I wanted a little more at the end. But I think that's just because the movie ends kind of abruptly and I didn't have a sense of closure.

Eloco gives it 2 and 1/2 trains.

trptrain.gif
trptrain.gif
1/2

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read recently that stamina is mostly mental. If you think "I can" instead of "I can't" when things get tough, you'll be able to keep going.

So every now and then when you're doing this workout, just whisper "I can" under your breath. Eventually your brain will buy it.

Yeah, but if you aren't in shape and you are diving into something very intense, that can be dangerous (even deadly) advice.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but if you aren't in shape and you are diving into something very intense, that can be dangerous (even deadly) advice.

Meh, I'm doing it with multiple other AT majors, I think I'm good. And I know myself well enough to know if we reach the danger zone. I'm not a middle aged man either, so I doubt heart problems will be in it.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm doing it with multiple other AT majors, I think I'm good. And I know myself well enough to know if we reach the danger zone. I'm not a middle aged man either, so I doubt heart problems will be in it.

I didn't mean for you, Pix. Just in general. If someone's brain wants to do something, they won't be able to if their heart explodes. Not typical, but still.

Had a coach who did this to me as a kid.
"Coach, my leg is really sore. I think I should stop."
"Push yourself."
(kicks a shot, rips quad muscle)

Your brain can push things beyond their boundaries, but your body is remarkably efficient at telling it when to stop.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean for you, Pix. Just in general. If someone's brain wants to do something, they won't be able to if their heart explodes. Not typical, but still.

"Push yourself."

Your brain can push things beyond their boundaries, but your body is remarkably efficient at telling it when to stop.

No, I completely agree. Pain is your body's warning system. That's why it's vital to distinguish good pain and bad pain. This is critical with rehab. Good pain=soreness, achy, fatigued; Bad pain=sharp, sudden, extreme.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Push yourself."

Well, Elo, I think that was more your fault for dunking with your feet than it is your coach's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.