• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but how can a grown man have not thrown a ball before?
and if he hasn't, why would he think infront of a ball park full of people is the right time to try it out?

the physics of throwing a ball that badly just confuses me.
maybe he had played catch like every one else on the continent, but figured this time he'd try to 'pitch' instead. That's the only thing I can think of. It's honestly bugging me. I think I may have to hunt down Gary Sinese to find out.

Cough*Heatley*cough

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but how can a grown man have not thrown a ball before?
and if he hasn't, why would he think infront of a ball park full of people is the right time to try it out?

the physics of throwing a ball that badly just confuses me.
maybe he had played catch like every one else on the continent, but figured this time he'd try to 'pitch' instead. That's the only thing I can think of. It's honestly bugging me. I think I may have to hunt down Gary Sinese to find out.

To be (pauses....looks around) fair, he was actually trying to throw it with some velocity. The release point on throwing a baseball is key. It's not like shooting a basketball. Even if you shoot a terrible shot with a basketball, it's still going to go in some shot-like arch, not just go directly down to the ground. Same thing for a hockey shot. You have to swing the stick to hit the puck precisely at the right point or (if wrisiting it) get just the right action for the release point to be okay. I've seen some TERRIBLE shots in hockey contests at games.

Sinise looks like he knows HOW to throw a ball (when people don't look like they've ever thrown a ball before, that does baffle me, Puck), but he botched the release point. Easy enough, especially if you're nervous.

Also, Slim... that's an awesome ad.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be (pauses....looks around) fair, he was actually trying to throw it with some velocity. The release point on throwing a baseball is key. It's not like shooting a basketball. Even if you shoot a terrible shot with a basketball, it's still going to go in some shot-like arch, not just go directly down to the ground. Same thing for a hockey shot. You have to swing the stick to hit the puck precisely at the right point or (if wrisiting it) get just the right action for the release point to be okay. I've seen some TERRIBLE shots in hockey contests at games.

Sinise looks like he knows HOW to throw a ball (when people don't look like they've ever thrown a ball before, that does baffle me, Puck), but he botched the release point. Easy enough, especially if you're nervous.

Also, Slim... that's an awesome ad.

RE (looks around) PORTED!

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it, i'm outta here!

248.jpg

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sly: I'm still trying to figure out how the pic of Jeff that least looks like Jeff became Jeff's smiley face. :sly:

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gettin ready to go to bed, so it seems like a perfect time for eloco jr. (rit) to host a Feud game now.

Fucker.

:finger:

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already pissed off since Lexi Grey is DEAD! Noooooo, not Lexi. Now her and McSteamy will never get back together! :(

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
To be (pauses....looks around) fair, he was actually trying to throw it with some velocity. The release point on throwing a baseball is key.

yeah, that's why I think he was trying to pitch instead of just throw the ball to the guy.
very different dynamics, and he maybe got caught in the middle.

seeing the Sinise thing just reminded me of how many truly awful throws we have seen
this one comes to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already pissed off since Lexi Grey is DEAD! Noooooo, not Lexi. Now her and McSteamy will never get back together! :(

God damn it, I hadn't watched most of this season. Thanks, Higgy! Try using the white type in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.