• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe we traded Kelenic. For an aging roid head and a shaky closer. God Brody Vanwagenan did a lot of damage in a short time.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Pirates scored almost 10% of their runs this season against Kyle Hendricks.
Not sure what is worse, the Pirates as a team or the fact that Hendricks sucks against the Pirates?

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Pirates scored almost 10% of their runs this season against Kyle Hendricks.
Not sure what is worse, the Pirates as a team or the fact that Hendricks sucks against the Pirates?
The Pirates as a team. Definitely the Pirates as a team.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously neither did I!
I didn't think they would have 5 wins as of now and would be lucky to get more than 62 on the season.
Ever since you posted this DDDD, it’s the only thing that’s kept me interested in the Pirates this year so far....wondering just how how many loses they’d get in those 20 games.

well, they’re half way thru and are at 8 loses so far. With Cin, SF, StL, and Atl up next, I’m gonna go with 17 loses in those 20.

what say you? @sbb122? @dare2be?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since you posted this DDDD, it’s the only thing that’s kept me interested in the Pirates this year so far....wondering just how how many loses they’d get in those 20 games.

well, they’re half way thru and are at 8 loses so far. With Cin, SF, StL, and Atl up next, I’m gonna go with 17 loses in those 20.

what say you?
Funny the chats we have are the only thing keeping me interested in the Pirates also.

Honestly I see the best they can do is 5-15.
They keep bringing in re-treads in the OF, the two latest are Troy Stokes and Ben Gamel while their best OF prospect sits in AAA (Swagerty).
And to bring in Ben Gamel they waived yet another piece of the Gerrit Cole trade in Felix. :L
Basically that deal is now Cole for Colin Moran. :L

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny the chats we have are the only thing keeping me interested in the Pirates also.

They keep bringing in re-treads in the OF, the two latest are Troy Stokes and Ben Gamel while their best OF prospect sits in AAA (Swagerty).
And to bring in Ben Gamel they waived yet another piece of the Gerrit Cole trade in Felix. :L
It’s as if this :L should be the Pirates’ new logo.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But really, anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows exactly what they’re doing.

Say you’re building for the future, trade off any talent/emerging stars you have, wait for the returns to begin to develop into emerging stars, say you’re building for the future, trade those emerging stars for prospects, wait for them to develop into talent/emerging stars, say your building for the future, well we all knows what comes next. Wash, rinse, repeat. And by always building for the future, you never have to pay major league salaries.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But really, anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows exactly what they’re doing.

Say you’re building for the future, trade off any talent/emerging stars you have, wait for the returns to begin to develop into emerging stars, say you’re building for the future, trade those emerging stars for prospects, wait for them to develop into talent/emerging stars, say your building for the future, well we all knows what comes next. Wash, rinse, repeat. And by always building for the future, you never have to pay major league salaries.
Totally. They are dangling the carrot that will never be obtained.

This is the Bob Nutting business model for keeping the fans involved:

dangling-carrot-saying-cartoon-humor-concept-illustration-proverb-36725213.jpg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Polanco “utilized a training service that was outside of the Pirates’ bubble,”

I mean not like what the Pirates were doing with him was working. :noidea:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash