• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh, that Giants bullpen blew up faster than the Hindenberg...

/Too soon?

Last edited:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you seeing that? I just checked TWC and it shows clear weather for tonight.

Listening to TSN1040 in Vancouver and they just mentioned it...

/Of course, maybe they confused Cleveland with downtown Vancouver at the moment :D
//How are things up island?

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to TSN1040 in Vancouver and they just mentioned it...

/Of course, maybe they confused Cleveland with downtown Vancouver at the moment :D
//How are things up island?

We're getting hammered by the rain. At least the winds aren't too, too bad so far.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Bauer's first start of the ALCS has been pushed back to Game 3 after he suffered a non-baseball injury to his right pinky.

Bauer apparently cut the outside of his pinky while repairing his drone. Seriously. He'll get a couple extra days to heal and will start the first game in Toronto, with Josh Tomlin moving up to start Game 2 in Cleveland. Corey Kluber is opposing Marco Estrada in Game 1 on Friday.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great performance from Estrada. Too bad the offense couldn't have come through a little today...ah well. Hopefully, they can get hot again, starting tomorrow afternoon.

GO JAYS!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1937 may be too soon for you, but I'm pretty sure the rest of us are over it and have moved on...

aWm83_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg

Also :tsk:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little disappointed "not being able to find a live chicken to sacrifice" didn't make the poll list.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Jays will play the Cleveland Indigenous People tonight at Rogers Centre?

TORONTO — A court hearing is underway as an Ontario activist attempts to bar the Cleveland Indians from using their team name and logo in the province.

The legal challenge by architect and indigenous activist Douglas Cardinal is being heard just hours before the U.S. baseball team takes on the Blue Jays in Toronto in Game 3 of the American League Championship Series.

Monique Jileson, a lawyer for Cardinal, is telling an Ontario judge that the combination of the Cleveland team's name and logo — which she calls a caricature of an indigenous person — is racial discrimination.

She says the use of a racially discriminatory caricature and name is a violation of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Human Rights Act.

She is asking the court to issue an injunction which would result in the Cleveland team wearing jerseys which do not have the "offending" team logo and name.

The legal application also asks the court to bar the usage of the name and logo by Major League Baseball and Rogers Communications, which broadcasts the game.

Jileson notes that the action is not seeking to cancel the game or its broadcast, nor is it seeking to stop fans from using the team name or logo.

The Cleveland team's logo, called Chief Wahoo, is a cartoon man with red skin and a feather in his headband.

Cleveland is leading Toronto in the playoff series 2-0.

Court hearing begins on potential Ontario ban of Cleveland Indians name and logo

Status
Not open for further replies.