• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there a delay?

/asks the guy who can't watch the game :(

Edit: Found out it's raining in Kansas City - Sure hope the Westboro Baptist Church gang forgot their umbrellas.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there a delay?

/asks the guy who can't watch the game :(

Edit: Found out it's raining in Kansas City - Sure hope the Westboro Baptist Church gang forgot their umbrellas.

Are those idiots protesting there? :L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof, strike two to Revere was a brutal call. Definitely out (crossed the RH batters box line), almost certainly up (looked to be at the top of the letters, and the zone is at the bottom of them). Changed the entire dynamic of the at bat.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof, strike two to Revere was a brutal call. Definitely out (crossed the RH batters box line), almost certainly up (looked to be at the top of the letters, and the zone is at the bottom of them). Changed the entire dynamic of the at bat.

Yup. That really fucked him up! Jays were brutal that game with runners in scoring position though and both teams were getting questionable calls all series long.

I was really surprised to see them bring the infield in with the runner on 3rd and nobody out, and then especially with the runner on 1st as well. I thought at home you're supposed to give up the tying run instead of risking a big inning so that you can try to win it in the bottom of the 9th. Especially given KC has the better bullpen in case it turns into extra innings. Turns out it didn't matter anyway since he struck out the next 2 batters.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great run by the Jays. Not too shabby for a team playing in depraved Canada.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good lord will not be pleased with a young Amish man telling such a fib.

amish.jpg

Last edited:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets staff are more than just power pitchers but one thing that worries me is the Royals were the best hitting team against pitchers that averaged 94 mph+. Looks like our staff will have to nail their secondary pitches, which they did a lot of in the NLCS.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-fer-12 with runners in scoring position. That was the Jays undoing last night.

/Although DS is right above, horrible strike call on Revere during his last AB.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did joey bats flip his glove after choosing to throw towards second instead of his cut off man lined up for home on the winning run ?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did joey bats flip his glove after choosing to throw towards second instead of his cut off man lined up for home on the winning run ?

He made the right throw there. Cain was lucky to be safe. A half-decent throw from Tulo would have nailed him. But Tulo threw a five-hopper.

Bautista cut off a double and held it to a single. You don't expect a runner who wasn't going on the pitch to score from first, so you keep the double play in order by throwing to second. The ball got to Tulo in plenty of time for him to get the out at home, but he threw a dud. It was a big risk for Cain to take, and it happened to pay off.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made the right throw there. Cain was lucky to be safe. A half-decent throw from Tulo would have nailed him. But Tulo threw a five-hopper.

Bautista cut off a double and held it to a single. You don't expect a runner who wasn't going on the pitch to score from first, so you keep the double play in order by throwing to second. The ball got to Tulo in plenty of time for him to get the out at home, but he threw a dud. It was a big risk for Cain to take, and it happened to pay off.

no way

when he throws the ball cain is halfway between second and third ... when that rainbow toss bounces down and tulo catches it cain is already a third of the way towards home

little league stuff ... hit your cutoff man ... if it goes to Goins on a line, they have a much better shot at home plus he can cut it and go to second if Hosmer keeps running

i dont think it was a huge risk to take at all ... good scouting ... Royals 3rd base coach made the comment postgame that bautista had been throwing to second all series and when he got a speed guy aboard they were gonna send him

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

again ... i dont see it that way at all

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and equal time 2 bautista for hitting those 2 dongs last night

but he was directly/indirectly involved in 2 defensive plays that gave the royals the series

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way

when he throws the ball cain is halfway between second and third ... when that rainbow toss bounces down and tulo catches it cain is already a third of the way towards home

little league stuff ... hit your cutoff man ... if it goes to Goins on a line, they have a much better shot at home plus he can cut it and go to second if Hosmer keeps running

i dont think it was a huge risk to take at all ... good scouting ... Royals 3rd base coach made the comment postgame that bautista had been throwing to second all series and when he got a speed guy aboard they were gonna send him

I actually question Goins being where he was, too. I don't see the point of him there when Colabello could have taken a few steps up the line and accomplished the same goal. On that ball, having him cutting second probably made more sense. And it probably would have resulted in Hosmer staying at first and Cain being gunned down at home.

With his back to the play, Bautista's best guess would have to be second base. He just cut off an almost-double, and even speedy runners aren't likely to score from first on a single. And Tulo's throw on five hops got to Martin (on the wrong side of the plate) around the time Cain touched home. A good throw probably still gets him. I can't question what Bautista did because of the result of the play. It's good process.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually question Goins being where he was, too. I don't see the point of him there when Colabello could have taken a few steps up the line and accomplished the same goal. On that ball, having him cutting second probably made more sense. And it probably would have resulted in Hosmer staying at first and Cain being gunned down at home.

With his back to the play, Bautista's best guess would have to be second base. He just cut off an almost-double, and even speedy runners aren't likely to score from first on a single. And Tulo's throw on five hops got to Martin (on the wrong side of the plate) around the time Cain touched home. A good throw probably still gets him. I can't question what Bautista did because of the result of the play. It's good process.

Even if goins is positioned for a cut at second (which he shouldnt have been because the ball was hit deep and you have to prevent a run from scoring at that stage) would bautistas spin no look rainbow toss have hit him or sailed over him?

Tulos throw bounced once btw. And i dont blame him because the ball jose through to him came down from the stratospehere wet :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.