• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd gladly bring a cutout of Bartman.
Hell Cubs fans were trying to pay to get Bartman to go to the game! It's like they're basking in how much they want to flaunt their newfound success in the face of all the crazy shit that's happened to the club.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell Cubs fans were trying to pay to get Bartman to go to the game! It's like they're basking in how much they want to flaunt their newfound success in the face of all the crazy shit that's happened to the club.

I mean, one part of me gets it...because what better way to disspell years of stupid curses and excuses. Then there's the fan part of me that says "please...please bring Bartman and a goat to the game."

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I didn't think the town was very into this wild card game...mixture of bitterness, worry, and let's face it 2013 won't be beat. Jake is bringing out anger. The place wouldn't have been quiet by any means, but it would've been tentative. No way in hell it is now. Nothing wrong with confidence, but geez man...why poke the bear or make it any harder on yourself? Don't pretend this isn't a mental game. It is.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two have followed sort of similar paths this year. Should be a solid series. Texas is my back up team because I love Bannister. Miss that guy.
I was pissed when I realized the Jays were gonna rest regulars and give up the top seed because I really, really wanted to avoid Texas. Their bats are almost as lethal as the Jays'.

My saving grace is that they're going to roll 3 lefties, which I would probably advise against given how much fun the Jays have had against lefties but :D

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pissed when I realized the Jays were gonna rest regulars and give up the top seed because I really, really wanted to avoid Texas. Their bats are almost as lethal as the Jays'.

My saving grace is that they're going to roll 3 lefties, which I would probably advise against given how much fun the Jays have had against lefties but :D

I don't think their rotation is anything ridiculous outside of Hamels. Then again I don't think the Jays is anything ridiculous outside of Price. Both have guys capable of taking over a game, but not really likely. Both offenses can put up 10 runs and not blink an eye. And both teams are the hottest in the AL. Jays would've rolled up the Yanks/Astros, one of which has been mediocre in the second half, and the other of which lost their way into the second wild card. So yeah, they honestly should've fought a bit more for that top seed.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm picking the Yanks tonight because the Astros always find a way to lose in the post-season.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think their rotation is anything ridiculous outside of Hamels. Then again I don't think the Jays is anything ridiculous outside of Price. Both have guys capable of taking over a game, but not really likely. Both offenses can put up 10 runs and not blink an eye. And both teams are the hottest in the AL. Jays would've rolled up the Yanks/Astros, one of which has been mediocre in the second half, and the other of which lost their way into the second wild card. So yeah, they honestly should've fought a bit more for that top seed.
I think the Jays could've swept either the Stros or Yanks. I think with Texas, we're going to see at least one game for each team with a 10-2'ish scoreline.

Here's betting it happens to the Jays in game 3 with Dickey on the mound in Arlington.

Status
Not open for further replies.