• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Jays could've swept either the Stros or Yanks. I think with Texas, we're going to see at least one game for each team with a 10-2'ish scoreline.

Here's betting it happens to the Jays in game 3 with Dickey on the mound in Arlington.

Certainly wouldn't be surprising. I think it goes five, each team holding serve at home.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm picking the Yanks tonight because the Astros always find a way to lose in the post-season.

The Astros must have sacrificed a live chicken prior to tonight's game.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda weird that people in Houston are cheering for Dallas - I mean, that would be like Flames fans cheering for a Calgary hockey player named Ed Minton.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh, I hate you playoff baseball.

Did I say hate? I meant love.

No...no, I hate you.

DANGIT. NO. LOVE. LOVE YOU.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna throw out there that I'm quite pleased that Arrieta decided to become the best pitcher ever after he left the O's.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck this. 98 fucking wins. On top of that is random ass friends talking shit to me on Facebook. First off, you didn't give a rats ass about the Cubs until they were competitive again, so please calm yourself. Enjoy the win, but please do so without rubbing my face in it...I don't talk crap, so I appreciate not having a pretty painful loss rubbed in face in the 7th fucking inning. Crikey. I'm salty. I had random dudes on Twitter talking shit to me and I still don't know why. Mostly screw this system. And if I have to hear another person say "should've won the division..." Nooooo shit. Still doesn't change the fact that they won 98 games.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck this. 98 fucking wins. On top of that is random ass friends talking shit to me on Facebook. First off, you didn't give a rats ass about the Cubs until they were competitive again, so please calm yourself. Enjoy the win, but please do so without rubbing my face in it...I don't talk crap, so I appreciate not having a pretty painful loss rubbed in face in the 7th fucking inning. Crikey. I'm salty. I had random dudes on Twitter talking shit to me and I still don't know why. Mostly screw this system. And if I have to hear another person say "should've won the division..." Nooooo shit. Still doesn't change the fact that they won 98 games.
You remind me a lot of my girl when the Red Wings get bounced from the 'offs and her dumb Flyers/Rangers fan friends start bombarding her. Like...her franchise has more Cup wins in 15 years than your teams do in the last 60 combined. Morons.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took me a moment. Still in mourning. At least it was the kind of death where you knew it was coming.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1908 pix (and 1945 since the Cubs have even made the Fall Classic).

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1908 pix (and 1945 since the Cubs have even made the Fall Classic).
You remind me a lot of my girl when the Red Wings get bounced from the 'offs and her dumb Flyers/Rangers fan friends start bombarding her. Like...her franchise has more Cup wins in 15 years than your teams do in the last 60 combined. Morons.

Yeah, but I don't even come back with that really...the Pirates last won the year my parents met. I sure wasn't around. My only response was "please stop", the kept going. Just drives me nuts when people talk crap as friends, I guess. Good natured ribbing the next day? I can handle it. But all you sons of bitches didn't care until today. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW half these people were Cubs fans. It's so freaking midwest to do this too. Cubs fan, eh? You were a Reds fan in 2011. I know you were. Now my facebook is filled with "Go Cubbies!". Name me ONE player from the 2008 team. Please. Mostly people do it to me because they know I care too much, so they know it will piss me off. Well, thanks for being a friend and intentionally pissing me off, I sure appreciate it. I actually watched 150+ games this year, attended about 15, so yeah, it's important to me and I need a little time to mourn it.

EDIT: I will say this, one of my best friends is a Cubs fan, we went to Wrigley together this year. I love her, and she laid off. Just texted before to say she was nervous, then said sorry afterwards. That's being a cool friend when you know I'm a bit crazy about sports.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I don't even come back with that really...the Pirates last won the year my parents met. I sure wasn't around. My only response was "please stop", the kept going. Just drives me nuts when people talk crap as friends, I guess. Good natured ribbing the next day? I can handle it. But all you sons of bitches didn't care until today. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW half these people were Cubs fans. It's so freaking midwest to do this too. Cubs fan, eh? You were a Reds fan in 2011. I know you were. Now my facebook is filled with "Go Cubbies!". Name me ONE player from the 2008 team. Please. Mostly people do it to me because they know I care too much, so they know it will piss me off. Well, thanks for being a friend and intentionally pissing me off, I sure appreciate it. I actually watched 150+ games this year, attended about 15, so yeah, it's important to me and I need a little time to mourn it.

EDIT: I will say this, one of my best friends is a Cubs fan, we went to Wrigley together this year. I love her, and she laid off. Just texted before to say she was nervous, then said sorry afterwards. That's being a cool friend when you know I'm a bit crazy about sports.
We should know by know when it comes to fans from Chicago after seeing all these Hawks fans come out of the woods the past 6 years.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should know by know when it comes to fans from Chicago after seeing all these Hawks fans come out of the woods the past 6 years.

Seriously...I hate being "that" kind of fan where it doesn't count if you weren't there in the lean years, but don't talk so much shit when you didn't come for lean years. I went to school in central Indiana for four years, I was one of probably two hockey fans on that campus. I wore jerseys all the time, no one gave a crap. I was actually given crap for liking hockey. Okay people, okay. Their state doesn't have a team, so I got it. Then all the sudden when the Hawks had success (NOT even after the first one, it actually took two) all I see on facebook is people all amped about the Hawks. It's odd. I give people a pass for not being super into the team pre-2010 because their owner was an idiot about access to games, etc. But they had to win twice for people I know to get on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.