• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, maybe next year Orioles

Miller was a great pick up, one that I'm a bit jealous of (read: very, very jealous).

That said: I pity the AL teams outside of Oakland/Detroit. Those rotations aren't fair. That said: I really want to revel in them losing in the ALDS or something. I have more faith in the A's, mostly because they're putting up their crazy numbers in a tough division. The AL Central isn't really too intimidating.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller was a great pick up, one that I'm a bit jealous of (read: very, very jealous).

That said: I pity the AL teams outside of Oakland/Detroit. Those rotations aren't fair. That said: I really want to revel in them losing in the ALDS or something. I have more faith in the A's, mostly because they're putting up their crazy numbers in a tough division. The AL Central isn't really too intimidating.

Detroit worries me, Oakland doesn't. I think both are better than the Orioles, who I think just making the playoffs is a realistic goal, but Oakland's lineup is not impressive.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit worries me, Oakland doesn't. I think both are better than the Orioles, who I think just making the playoffs is a realistic goal, but Oakland's lineup is not impressive.

Well, they have a lot of guys who seem to be playing out of their depth. Trading their greatest power threat seemed silly to me. Their rotation and bullpen though...man. I think, of both rotations, Lester is the best. Sounds weird of course, but Verlander is having a down year. Regardless, both have three aces a piece. Any of Scherzer/Verlander/Price; Gray/Samardjza/Lester would be aces on many other squads. Heck, they'd probably supplant "aces" on some postseason bound teams. I don't think too highly of the Tigers lineup, but I can't say I watch them enough to have a real opinion.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Oakland is they're assuming all of their pitchers are going to be on every game. If one of them slips up I don't trust that lineup to bail them out.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Oakland is they're assuming all of their pitchers are going to be on every game. If one of them slips up I don't trust that lineup to bail them out.

Yeah losing Yoenis Cespedes I think hurts them more than people think - he was struggling a bit and you do need pitching in the playoffs but their lineup is just meh - to me, that's how they end up not getting to the next round - pitching wasn't really a problem in the playoff series last year, it was a lack of offense

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the big trades, however, I think the Cards is the worst. They can't score runs...and they just gave up a guy that, though having a poor year, could bolster their lineup if heated up. Very bizarre. The team seems to be pissed about it too. Speculation that management did it to "shake up" the lockerroom (along with bringing in Pierzinsky). Not sure about such methods being smart.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the big trades, however, I think the Cards is the worst. They can't score runs...and they just gave up a guy that, though having a poor year, could bolster their lineup if heated up. Very bizarre. The team seems to be pissed about it too. Speculation that management did it to "shake up" the lockerroom (along with bringing in Pierzinsky). Not sure about such methods being smart.

Apparently there have been some issues there lately, team is struggling and they're trying to change some things - I didn't like that deal for the Cards, I know John Lackey's a veteran pitcher and they need that in a young rotation and he pitches well in the playoffs, but to give up Allen Craig and Joe Kelly doesn't make much sense

Some people have said that Allen Craig wasn't listening to the coaches(re: changing his swing) but that's hard for me to believe, seems like a good guy

Not sure what the Cardinals are doing

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently there have been some issues there lately, team is struggling and they're trying to change some things - I didn't like that deal for the Cards, I know John Lackey's a veteran pitcher and they need that in a young rotation and he pitches well in the playoffs, but to give up Allen Craig and Joe Kelly doesn't make much sense

Some people have said that Allen Craig wasn't listening to the coaches(re: changing his swing) but that's hard for me to believe, seems like a good guy

Not sure what the Cardinals are doing
That alone is why I think they did it. Many teams have proven that the superior pitching most likely wins out in a playoff series. It's what couldn't get us past the Cards last year. For the short term, I think it's a good move.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That alone is why I think they did it. Many teams have proven that the superior pitching most likely wins out in a playoff series. It's what couldn't get us past the Cards last year. For the short term, I think it's a good move.

2011 Phillies will say otherwise

That being said, I agree and I know why they did it, because of that reason - and right now, Michael Wacha is out too which hurts so they need a few more veterans that can help them out for the time being

Also, if Justin Masterson gets back to his form of last year, that is a great trade

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man that Paul George injury was awful

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh right

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Bt_bgXxIgAAvhdI.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Mom and I are having a great time at Bronycon.

Wish you were here!

thumb-400.jpg

thumb-400.jpg

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol AJ Burnett said something and just got thrown out of the game - it's probably a good thing he got thrown out, he sucks and was awful tonight - losing 5-0

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol AJ Burnett said something and just got thrown out of the game - it's probably a good thing he got thrown out, he sucks and was awful tonight - losing 5-0

Total and complete Ump Show. Juvenile and pathetic from blue there.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total and complete Ump Show. Juvenile and pathetic from blue there.

It was bad on both parts - umps shouldn't have done it like that but it was clear that AJ showed him up too

Status
Not open for further replies.