• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these trades are going to mean precisely jack shit come October and the World Series is cancelled by a Sharknado.

Book It!

Citifield was prominently featured in that movie so would that mean the Mets make the World Series?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rays GM was on the radio and asked about Pirates involvement in Price sweeps: "David wanted to be traded to a proven winner."

...the Tigers haven't won a WS since '85. Sheesh man. Not that they listened to what he wanted, I'm sure.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MattGelb 10m
Amaro said Phillies did not ask for “top prospects.” Criticized other GMs for not being aggressive enough.

AHAHAHAHAHAH, he's blaming other GMs.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rays GM was on the radio and asked about Pirates involvement in Price sweeps: "David wanted to be traded to a proven winner."

...the Tigers haven't won a WS since '85. Sheesh man. Not that they listened to what he wanted, I'm sure.

Actually it was 84 the last time they've won a WS. Just sayin.
Wow, I am still flabbergasted. The last 3 AL CY winners, what a rotation, oh my.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Difference is, the Tigers have been in the ALCS three years in a row now and their division is much more easier than the NL Central - even if the Pirates play well the rest of the way, they still could miss out or barely get in and maybe be out in one game

Pirates are good, but the track record of the Tigers as of late is much better

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smh

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still shocked the Yankees/Phillies weren't a fit for Marlon Byrd - instead of the Yankees trading for Stephen Drew and putting him out of position at 2B, they could have traded for Marlon Byrd, put him in RF and put Martin Prado at 2B(and move Prado around the field)

Guess contrary to what RAJ was saying, he must have been asking for way too much

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expos got nothing. Thanks Jeffery Loria.

I think the Nationals are doing just fine and don't need to make a move. Can't improve the starting rotation at this point. Bullpen isn't spectacular, but no glaring needs either and any moves would offer only a minor upgrade. And I'm not sure where amongst the field players you'd look to fill a spot except for a short term fix for Ryan Zimmerman who will hopefully be back for the playoffs anyway. Espinosa isn't great, but they have a pretty solid lineup top to bottom and I think are actually better defensively with Espo at 2nd and Rendon at 3rd.

Long term I think they have to probably have to decide between Zimmerman and LaRoche at 1st base because they have a positional problem if Zimmerman keeps struggling in the field and with injuries.

But I'm fine with them standing at the trade deadline. The division will be ours!! (sorry, ritari ;) )

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Nationals are doing just fine and don't need to make a move. Can't improve the starting rotation at this point. Bullpen isn't spectacular, but no glaring needs either and any moves would offer only a minor upgrade. And I'm not sure where amongst the field players you'd look to fill a spot except for a short term fix for Ryan Zimmerman who will hopefully be back for the playoffs anyway. Espinosa isn't great, but they have a pretty solid lineup top to bottom and I think are actually better defensively with Espo at 2nd and Rendon at 3rd.

Long term I think they have to probably have to decide between Zimmerman and LaRoche at 1st base because they have a positional problem if Zimmerman keeps struggling in the field and with injuries.

But I'm fine with them standing at the trade deadline. The division will be ours!! (sorry, ritari ;) )

They did make a move - they got Asdrubal Cabrera from the Indians to play 2B - Anthony Rendon will play 3B

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I should probably start a "Comedy Pinstripes In Philadelphia" thread right about now

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is, the Tigers have been in the ALCS three years in a row now and their division is much more easier than the NL Central - even if the Pirates play well the rest of the way, they still could miss out or barely get in and maybe be out in one game

Pirates are good, but the track record of the Tigers as of late is much better

Oh I know, their track record is better. But calling the Pirates, in an off-handed way, not a winning situation (especially if they had gotten Price) is very wrong. The division they're in is tough, but for the taking...and he's not a rental anyway. Certainly says a lot about the Pirates image among players...but they're in the most competitive division in the league and 2.0 back.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, Cliff Lee is done - left the game in the 3rd inning and it looks like it's his elbow

Phillies will never, ever win again

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the frustration that was the trade deadline today, the Pirates actual game has done squat to ease said frustration. Alvarez's struggles at 3B continue...and aren't aided when Ike drops the ball and gives up 2 runs. *sigh*

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, maybe next year Orioles

Status
Not open for further replies.