• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I love my pet

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear it, had to put my lab Buddy to sleep back in the summer. Even knowing it's the right thing to do doesn't really help. Hang in there.

Sorry you had to put down Buddy. Labs are simply great dogs as are many breeds. So loving. I almost never got a dog in the first place because I fear the day when I will have to say goodbye. Now we have 2 labs and a hound. Just having them is worth the pain of saying goodbye. It really does haunt me though.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that was him at about 2 or 3. My brother took him everywhere and sadly he was in europe when he passed. hes pretty devastated. luckily his daughter was there for him to look after him. a great strong boxer he was.

Ah man that's got to be extra hard for him. Home wont be the same for awhile. Very good looking dog though! What a great picture!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Ben6uaHIMAAUcML.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My cat is truly the meanest cat on the face of the planet...and we don't know why. She HATES my brother, hisses/swats at/makes that weird gutteral growl sound. She was fine around him for a long time, then last week attacked him for sitting. Took her to the vet to make sure the behavior change wasn't health related...and it wasn't. She's just psycho. Parents may get rid of her if it continues...*sigh*

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My cat is truly the meanest cat on the face of the planet...and we don't know why. She HATES my brother, hisses/swats at/makes that weird gutteral growl sound. She was fine around him for a long time, then last week attacked him for sitting. Took her to the vet to make sure the behavior change wasn't health related...and it wasn't. She's just psycho. Parents may get rid of her if it continues...*sigh*

Petsmart has these pheromone collars(about $15) that can help a cat with sudden bad behavior like your cat. When we got our 3rd dog, our cat went psycho. He was pissed off and started pissing on the carpet, swatting at us and ambushing us when we walked past him with claws out. Our vet suggested these collars and I couldn't believe how well they worked. It apparently mimics the pheromones of a mother cat and comforts. If your cat isn't too fond of collars, you can get the same pheromone in a plug in air freshener type deal too. I think Walmart actually sells them also.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know, after giving this post considerable deliberation, I have reached the following conclusion:

"Cats are evil beings"

Have a good day :)

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqX2DNOD0xE]Cats Can Be Jerks - YouTube[/ame]

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petsmart has these pheromone collars(about $15) that can help a cat with sudden bad behavior like your cat. When we got our 3rd dog, our cat went psycho. He was pissed off and started pissing on the carpet, swatting at us and ambushing us when we walked past him with claws out. Our vet suggested these collars and I couldn't believe how well they worked. It apparently mimics the pheromones of a mother cat and comforts. If your cat isn't too fond of collars, you can get the same pheromone in a plug in air freshener type deal too. I think Walmart actually sells them also.

We bought some spray, but it hasn't helped much. My dad told my mom she had 2 weeks to get rid of the cat today. I'd take her myself, but I can't have pets in my apartment...and I'm broke. The cat is nice to me, I just have no idea why she's suddenly so very angry. Frustrating. I do love the dang thing.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We bought some spray, but it hasn't helped much. My dad told my mom she had 2 weeks to get rid of the cat today. I'd take her myself, but I can't have pets in my apartment...and I'm broke. The cat is nice to me, I just have no idea why she's suddenly so very angry. Frustrating. I do love the dang thing.

That sucks! I really hate to hear that. Back in my younger days, I lived in a place that didn't allowed pets and I brought my cat anyway. Got away with it for like 6 months until they caught me. I told them it was a rescued cat and I was trying to find it a home and that got them off my back until I moved out a few months later. Maybe if you asked the apartment management if you put down more money on your deposit, they would let you keep him there? Just throwing out ideas. Hope it all works out somehow.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most recent pics of my kitties. It's tough to get them together for pics and I don't have a smart phone. This pic taken with the webcam. They're 22 months old now and officially lovable pain in the asses. :becky:

kitties today.jpg

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most recent pics of my kitties. It's tough to get them together for pics and I don't have a smart phone. This pic taken with the webcam. They're 22 months old now and officially lovable pain in the asses. :becky:

View attachment 8803

Cute kitties! I cant get 1 good pic our 1 cat so how you got all 3 in 1 pic is nothing short of amazing! Getting a clear shot of Bigfoot would likely be easier.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cute kitties! I cant get 1 good pic our 1 cat so how you got all 3 in 1 pic is nothing short of amazing! Getting a clear shot of Bigfoot would likely be easier.

Well I hold this little toy mouse that has catnip in it and they just can't wait for me to throw it :becky: Boom picture taken

15,500!!!!!

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're pretty much full grown now. The F weighs about 9 lbs the males 16-17 lbs each.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks! I really hate to hear that. Back in my younger days, I lived in a place that didn't allowed pets and I brought my cat anyway. Got away with it for like 6 months until they caught me. I told them it was a rescued cat and I was trying to find it a home and that got them off my back until I moved out a few months later. Maybe if you asked the apartment management if you put down more money on your deposit, they would let you keep him there? Just throwing out ideas. Hope it all works out somehow.

My place is temporary as is, but our landlord is known to drop by. Our lease was iron clad against pets. Like they can't even visit if a friend has one or a family pet visits. Nada. We did keep one for a few days that we rescued from the dumpster near our place. It was probably 3 weeks old, needed some loving, so we kept him until we found him a home. But no way I could do it.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate to say it, but the exact problem is that the above is exactly how adorable pit bulls look... until they snap. I know personally two families whose kids were attacked by pitbulls. One was just a bite, the other had his face torn off. In both cases it was a "good owner", a family friend, and neither dog had ever attacked anyone, including the owner's young children.

I'm not going to condemn all pitbulls, but from what I understand, the stats show they are more prone to violent outbreaks, regardless of the quality of owner. We have friends who own them and love them, they seem friendly enough (I was playing with one yesterday at a baby shower) but when we have kids, they are keeping their distance.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got an email with a ton of these. Figured I would post a few.
download
download
download
download
download

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but the exact problem is that the above is exactly how adorable pit bulls look... until they snap. I know personally two families whose kids were attacked by pitbulls. One was just a bite, the other had his face torn off. In both cases it was a "good owner", a family friend, and neither dog had ever attacked anyone, including the owner's young children.

I'm not going to condemn all pitbulls, but from what I understand, the stats show they are more prone to violent outbreaks, regardless of the quality of owner. We have friends who own them and love them, they seem friendly enough (I was playing with one yesterday at a baby shower) but when we have kids, they are keeping their distance.

I don't dislike pitbulls. I know a lot of great pitbulls. But as someone who makes their living working with dogs, I'm not sure I would want my baby or toddler in consistent contact with a pitbull or larger dog breed purely because I know what predatory drift is. And it scares me!!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was brushing my horse today when the stable vet showed up. Saw the barn manager lead one of the mustangs into the main arena. Few minutes later, I saw the vet sedate the horse and he fell over a few moments later. I was real curious what was going on so I let my girl Sheba out in the pasture and went back to the arena to ask what was going on. I couldn't have timed it better/worse. They were gelding(castrating) that poor animal. I have never seen anything like that and I don't believe the experience will ever go away in my head. Odd feeling to be somewhat interested because I haven't seen this done before and it is ultimately better for the horse but it was very disturbing to witness at the same time.

Anyone else ever seen this done? I am a little traumatized and figured I would use this thread for therapy. I love animals but the bad that comes with the good really bugs the shit out of me. I feel similar to when you pass a car crash on the interstate. You want to see what the hell happened so you look but once you see the victim(s), you wish you hadn't looked.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was brushing my horse today when the stable vet showed up. Saw the barn manager lead one of the mustangs into the main arena. Few minutes later, I saw the vet sedate the horse and he fell over a few moments later. I was real curious what was going on so I let my girl Sheba out in the pasture and went back to the arena to ask what was going on. I couldn't have timed it better/worse. They were gelding(castrating) that poor animal. I have never seen anything like that and I don't believe the experience will ever go away in my head. Odd feeling to be somewhat interested because I haven't seen this done before and it is ultimately better for the horse but it was very disturbing to witness at the same time.

Anyone else ever seen this done? I am a little traumatized and figured I would use this thread for therapy. I love animals but the bad that comes with the good really bugs the shit out of me. I feel similar to when you pass a car crash on the interstate. You want to see what the hell happened so you look but once you see the victim(s), you wish you hadn't looked.

I assume this is part of a population control thing? It's easy for me to brush it off, seeing as I didn't watch it...but it is a necessity, right? There was a great Mike Rowe talk from TED (the conference) where he talks about goat castration. It's a good one if you look it up. Sounds weird, but it's really good.