• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I love my pet

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just now saw your post and I am so sorry to hear this. You got near 14 good years with him. That story about him proves he was a good dog. The worst part of getting a dog is knowing you will have to say goodbye someday but I am sure it was worth every minute with a dog like Kodi.

Thanks Gooch appreciate the reply, he was a rare one, kind and gentle to humans almost to a fault, yet a absolute terror to all other animals, I guess it came from being the alpha puppy :noidea:

The wife and I have started looking around on-line at breeders for a new pup, I guess things have changed a lot in the last 13 years, holy shit the crap the breeders want you to agree to now. They all want spay or neuter contracts or double the money for full rights f-that. No dog of mine is getting cut-up just for breeding rights, assholes. And the prices!!! damn!!

Not really planning on picking out a new one until spring, because of the weather and knowone being around during the day. Going to be a loooonnnggg winter.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Gooch appreciate the reply, he was a rare one, kind and gentle to humans almost to a fault, yet a absolute terror to all other animals, I guess it came from being the alpha puppy :noidea:

The wife and I have started looking around on-line at breeders for a new pup, I guess things have changed a lot in the last 13 years, holy shit the crap the breeders want you to agree to now. They all want spay or neuter contracts or double the money for full rights f-that. No dog of mine is getting cut-up just for breeding rights, assholes. And the prices!!! damn!!

Not really planning on picking out a new one until spring, because of the weather and knowone being around during the day. Going to be a loooonnnggg winter.

Yea breeders are some strange people sometimes. Once you are ready and bring home your new pup, fill us in. It is always a good feeling to know a pup found a good home and who doesnt like puppies? Hang in there!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe adoption? Lots of dogs need homes badly

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been to creepy old shelters with little options and I have been to shelters that are clean, big, bright and have a huge selection. Give one a shot.
Almost 12 years with my pound puppy now.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bb9T9KbIIAAzr6O.jpg:large

My uncle trains labs in his retirement (field trials) and he's got the "complete set" right now. They're a beautiful bunch, hah.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to creepy old shelters with little options and I have been to shelters that are clean, big, bright and have a huge selection. Give one a shot.
Almost 12 years with my pound puppy now.

Ah the tough part about those crappy shelters is walking away without every single dog they have. Hard to leave them knowing they are stuck in places like that. If I was rich, I would have my own huge animal rescue. It isnt right but I feel worse about animals needing homes than I do when I see those commercials about the kids who need 89 cents/day to live.

Really cool you got your dog from a shelter. Found a diamond in the rough it sounds.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking my Rat Terrier, Oliver, in today to have him put to sleep. He's 14 & suffers from bladder control issues, plus he is arthritic & is losing weight hand over fist. I know that "it's time" & "it's the kindest thing to do" & all that but, nonetheless, this won't be an easy thing to do by any stretch. :(

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking my Rat Terrier, Oliver, in today to have him put to sleep. He's 14 & suffers from bladder control issues, plus he is arthritic & is losing weight hand over fist. I know that "it's time" & "it's the kindest thing to do" & all that but, nonetheless, this won't be an easy thing to do by any stretch. :(

Our Mollie dog was struggling and becoming incontinent after 15 years and we were ready to take that step. Fortunately, she passed in her sleep one night before I worked up the courage to do it.

I swore I would never have another dog, and then my older son insisted we get one from a hot chick he was dating. Turns out I love that dog with all my heart. Never had a big one before. She is a fearsome beast to strangers with a mouth full of teeth like a shark. But she is also the sweetest and most loving dog to me and my family we have ever had. You might not want to at first, but getting another dog can heal the wounds of losing one.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sorry, I know it wont help today but 14 is a pretty good life. I never had to do that before but the thought has crossed my mind because my dog is almost 12. In good shape still, but 12 is not young.

Our Mollie dog was struggling and becoming incontinent after 15 years and we were ready to take that step. Fortunately, she passed in her sleep one night before I worked up the courage to do it.

I swore I would never have another dog, and then my older son insisted we get one from a hot chick he was dating. Turns out I love that dog with all my heart. Never had a big one before. She is a fearsome beast to strangers with a mouth full of teeth like a shark. But she is also the sweetest and most loving dog to me and my family we have ever had. You might not want to at first, but getting another dog can heal the wounds of losing one.

I hear that a lot, and while I do understand, its the good people like you that should be getting another dog. Both for the dog and for you.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sorry to hear Indy. sometimes the biggest love you can give is that decision. its never easy but when you know you know and most of the time they tell you. all the best

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An example of how some people really, really suck and others are awesome. Some asshole dumped 5 kittens a week old into a dumpster. A true example of someone who sucks so bad they should be shot on sight. In an example of awesome, blue cross staffers are keeping them alive by hand feeding them. This one looks so much like my cat Gizmo.

thumb.php

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In another feel good story, this mother dog saved all her puppies from a house fire, and put them to safety in one of firetrucks

Attachments

• dog1.jpg
    dog1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 52
  • dog2.jpg
    dog2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 53

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a real hard thing to do Andy, thinking of you and yours through this tough time.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've thought about that a couple of times, just not what I want. Too many friends have been in bad situations with dogs from shelters. Either sketish/unapproachable or panic attacks and eat the furniture. My sister and mum picked out dogs from shelters, my sister's dog would bite anyone that moved too fast round her (mixed cocker). And my mum is now shelling out thousands on cancer treatments for her mixed lab she picked up from the Humane Society. Michigan HS requires all dogs rescued be spay/neutered.

I'll just have to wait and let a Goldie pick me when the time is right.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I may be late in posting this but I am so sorry to hear this. Knowing it is time to make a decision like that is so damn tough but it shows how much you care for your boy knowing it is best for him. I have seen so many people who have an animal suffering because they just cant bring themselves to have the poor thing put down. Hang in there bud!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R.I.P. Duke. Run Free with all those before you. My Brothers boy Duke passed to the Bridge.. He lived a wonderful life with wonderful people. He was a really great dog that lived over 12 years with my brother. Going to miss you buddy...

0slXdym.jpg

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry to hear it, had to put my lab Buddy to sleep back in the summer. Even knowing it's the right thing to do doesn't really help. Hang in there.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R.I.P. Duke. Run Free with all those before you. My Brothers boy Duke passed to the Bridge.. He lived a wonderful life with wonderful people. He was a really great dog that lived over 12 years with my brother. Going to miss you buddy...

0slXdym.jpg

Sorry to hear this. What a damn good looking dog in that picture. Is that Duke?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear this. What a damn good looking dog in that picture. Is that Duke?

yeah that was him at about 2 or 3. My brother took him everywhere and sadly he was in europe when he passed. hes pretty devastated. luckily his daughter was there for him to look after him. a great strong boxer he was.