• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1 month out...Dream Draft

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There are surprises every year, so you never know as far as the picks go. I just can't see the team dealing to the point of having 19 (!) picks in the 2014 draft. Including 9 in the first three rounds. Many have commented that our 15, or now 14 with the Boldin trade, is incredible and uncommon.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As far as hunter falling into the mid 2nd...people were saying the same thing about Stephen hill last year..a similar player...taken at #43. Hill, in fact, was usually ranked as a top 3 wr in that draft class. Hunter routinely is ranked outside of the top 5 WRs. Do I think he should be ranked higher...yes. But youre ignoring history if youre to claim hunter falling to the mid 2nd is improbable.

Also, keep in mind...this was a dream draft scenario...not what I think is most likely to happen. Will we end up with almost 20 2014 picks...I doubt it... But I do think moves like these are quite reasonable and they resemble past trades that have been made. The difficulty is finding willing trade partners and this scenario assumes this isn't a problem.

I'd love to hear others' dream draft scenarios.... It's interesting to see what your top 0.1% draft scenario would look like.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The major difference though is Stephen Hill didn't have much tape to work with based on the offense he played in. It was way more difficult for scouts to come to a conclusion on Stephen Hill vs. Hunter.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my dream is clowney going into the supplemental draft and 30 gm's trip over each other. then we select clowney.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really like the idea of trading out of the 31st pick for a 2014 1st, and get additional third. How about this scenario:

1. Pick 31. We add a mid-round third in addition to the future 1st for trading the 31st pick. Value chart says we now have the 79th overall pick this year (based on my assumption).

2. Pick 34. CB Trufant falls with a late run on WR's and QB's and we steal him from the board at 34. The front office is noticeably excited in the war room to get this value.

3. We trade up to spot 53 and get Carradine who ended up slipping back down the board following his meteoric rise (injury/academic concerns). We give up our 2nd (63) and our late 3rd (93) to make it happen.

4. In a surprise move we trade up again to land Hankins at 65 who will replace Soap at NT. We are now set at D-line for the future with these two picks. The rotation is now in place with Dorsey to give Justin Smith the Gore treatment. We gave up the third that we got in the trade (79), 5th (164), 6th (180) and threw in a 7th (234).

5. Third Rd pick 74 - Reid dropped like a rock all the way down here as teams were concerned with his speed to cover NFL receivers. Trent felt comfortable after landing his favorite CB in the draft to target another FS prospect in this range for value. The strategy was to trade up for him immediately after Reid came off the board (like getting Kaep right after Dalton was picked). However, when both remained on the board, Trent just pulled the trigger on Reid.

6. We give up our 4th Rd (128) for a future third rounder.

7. Take Lattimore w/ our 4th (131 comp pick) and put him in carbonite.

8. 5th Rd 157. Honey badger is reunited with Reid. Risk/reward is just too much here. However, he is forced to live with the kicker for a whole year.

7th. 227 - We target a backup ILB who will contribute to ST's.

The other 7th Rd comps - guys who probably wish we didn't end up drafting them because they're pretty much battling for PS spots.

p.s. hopefully offense doesn't feel too neglected - will make it up to them with the extra ammo next year.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really like the idea of trading out of the 31st pick for a 2014 1st, and get additional third. How about this scenario:

1. Pick 31. We add a mid-round third in addition to the future 1st for trading the 31st pick. Value chart says we now have the 79th overall pick this year (based on my assumption).

2. Pick 34. CB Trufant falls with a late run on WR's and QB's and we steal him from the board at 34. The front office is noticeably excited in the war room to get this value.

3. We trade up to spot 53 and get Carradine who ended up slipping back down the board following his meteoric rise (injury/academic concerns). We give up our 2nd (63) and our late 3rd (93) to make it happen.

4. In a surprise move we trade up again to land Hankins at 65 who will replace Soap at NT. We are now set at D-line for the future with these two picks. The rotation is now in place with Dorsey to give Justin Smith the Gore treatment. We gave up the third that we got in the trade (79), 5th (164), 6th (180) and threw in a 7th (234).

5. Third Rd pick 74 - Reid dropped like a rock all the way down here as teams were concerned with his speed to cover NFL receivers. Trent felt comfortable after landing his favorite CB in the draft to target another FS prospect in this range for value. The strategy was to trade up for him immediately after Reid came off the board (like getting Kaep right after Dalton was picked). However, when both remained on the board, Trent just pulled the trigger on Reid.

6. We give up our 4th Rd (128) for a future third rounder.

7. Take Lattimore w/ our 4th (131 comp pick) and put him in carbonite.

8. 5th Rd 157. Honey badger is reunited with Reid. Risk/reward is just too much here. However, he is forced to live with the kicker for a whole year.

7th. 227 - We target a backup ILB who will contribute to ST's.

The other 7th Rd comps - guys who probably wish we didn't end up drafting them because they're pretty much battling for PS spots.

p.s. hopefully offense doesn't feel too neglected - will make it up to them with the extra ammo next year.

i actually don't think we'd have to give up a 3rd to move up 10 spots in the late 2nd. Our late 4th would probably do it.

You said you'd trade up right after Reid was taken to grab your FS...just out of curiosity, who would you be targeting here if Reid was taken?

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i actually don't think we'd have to give up a 3rd to move up 10 spots in the late 2nd. Our late 4th would probably do it.

You said you'd trade up right after Reid was taken to grab your FS...just out of curiosity, who would you be targeting here if Reid was taken?

It was a story to rationalize Reid falling that far which I think is really unlikely. There are a lot of safety options in that range so maybe it could happen, but I think they'd be looking at a specific player. I'd assume Vacarro, Elam, and Cyprien would have come off the board in that scenario, but then you have guys like Swearinger, Rambo, maybe McDonald (unlikely), and more wildcards with Thomas, Wilcox, two Williams, an Evans, and a Lester that project in that range who can all be tossed in the mix. I don't know a lot about all these guys, but could easily see it being a versatile guy like Swearinger who has been under the radar and has a similar skill set with physical play that they'd like.

For the trade in question - I took the value straight from the draft chart. I guess this is a dream scenario but tried to keep that move realistic.