• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I love my pet

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha. They make no secret of what they want. They wear their emotions on their sleeve
we have bead bags that we put into the freezer and wrap in a towel and lay on their sides when its really hot :)

but now that we have AC they are happy to not even go out into the heat except for Boba Pett who wants to lie in 35C sunlight lol

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't let the cats out in any weather. We do have a screen deck they can use if they want to be outside. In this hot weather, they go out there with us for breakfast, but they generally come back in and stay in with the AC for the rest of the day.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't let the cats out in any weather. We do have a screen deck they can use if they want to be outside. In this hot weather, they go out there with us for breakfast, but they generally come back in and stay in with the AC for the rest of the day.

We put some plastic mesh around our sundeck so the cats can get out there. And one of those cat doors into the screen.

They love it.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do they do their business if they can’t go outside?

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work from Home, of course!

Each has a litter box, which is faithfully cleaned out every night and refreshed with clean litter as necessary.

Neither cat (ages 5 and 2) has ever had an "accident" with their box. At one point the GF got a litter box with a trap door. Snowflake didn't like it and peed on the people bed. I don't count that as an accident. It was deliberate with malice aforethought. We took off the door and she made her point.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work from Home, of course!

Each has a litter box, which is faithfully cleaned out every night and refreshed with clean litter as necessary.

Neither cat (ages 5 and 2) has ever had an "accident" with their box. At one point the GF got a litter box with a trap door. Snowflake didn't like it and peed on the people bed. I don't count that as an accident. It was deliberate with malice aforethought. We took off the door and she made her point.
Ha ha! Cats will do that to let you know you ain't meeting expectations. We have a 4 year old dog who is a Maltese and we fostered two tiny Siamese kittens until they were old enough to be adopted. She got so close to those kittens, and they to her; it was very sweet. She used to carry them around like puppies and they suckled off her all the time even though she had no milk. The three of them were inseparable but the day came when we adopted them out. That morning our dog got up and searched the whole house for them and when she realized they were gone she looked at us and peed right in the middle of the carpet. She was that upset. She had never peed in the house before. It was sad

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know he just said litter box but you seriously haven’t heard of a litter box?. I don’t let my cats shit outside at all. That was one of the reasons for their rope so they don’t go wandering off and shit in your neighbours garden. Nothing more gross than pulling a weed and you squeeze some cat turd. Plus, it’s not like cow shit, it’s not good fertilizer.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he just said litter box but you seriously haven’t heard of a litter box?. I don’t let my cats shit outside at all. That was one of the reasons for their rope so they don’t go wandering off and shit in your neighbours garden. Nothing more gross than pulling a weed and you squeeze some cat turd. Plus, it’s not like cow shit, it’s not good fertilizer.
Both of our cats arrived pre-conditioned to use the litter box. We brought them home and let them out in the bathroom with the box. Never a question after that. Both cats were rescues. I think they realized that we were there to care for them and don't want to leave.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of our cats arrived pre-conditioned to use the litter box. We brought them home and let them out in the bathroom with the box. Never a question after that. Both cats were rescues. I think they realized that we were there to care for them and don't want to leave.

All 3 of ours are rescues. Never had an issue using the litter box. Just as well because they ain’t shitting outside if they are living at my house.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 of ours are rescues. Never had an issue using the litter box. Just as well because they ain’t shitting outside if they are living at my house.
We had a couple of cats when I was a teenager. We lived in the suburbs of NYC so there was zero wildlife and we could let them outside without care. They had a box inside and we'd let them out if that was their preference. Boots and Sassy were good little friends, too.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a couple of cats when I was a teenager. We lived in the suburbs of NYC so there was zero wildlife and we could let them outside without care. They had a box inside and we'd let them out if that was their preference. Boots and Sassy were good little friends, too.

We get neighbourhood cats hunting in our backyard, which is a wild backyard even though it’s in the city. I really dislike that. I’ve seen them chasing squirrels that I throw peanuts too, I’ve seen them hunting robins. I get it’s what they do but people should control her pets. And to be clear, I hate it if I see a neighbours dog come running through my yard. The dog should be at home, or on a leash being walked by its owner.
The other thing I really fucking hate is when you get some male tom in heat roaming around looking for a piece of tail and they’re spraying all over our yard and all over our doors and windows and lawn chairs. Not having your cats fixed is as big a deal to me as letting them free range and shit and my neighbours garden. When we got our cats as rescue cats, they all came neutered. Part of the purchase contract.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but I have had many cats over the years but we never had a cat box. They went outside. They always buried it though. they spent about equal time in the house and outside. It never bothered me that a cat might shit in my yard. I always loved seeing cats wander in and out. My neighbor's cat comes into my house from time to time through the dog door; the one thing she does that I don't like is eat my dogs' food. Cracks me up though to see them watching the cat eat their food but afraid to do anything about it. They look at me like "are you going to allow this?"

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
The other thing I really fucking hate is when you get some male tom in heat roaming around looking for a piece of tail and they’re spraying all over our yard and all over our doors and windows and lawn chairs.
I have apologized for that several times already.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but I have had many cats over the years but we never had a cat box. They went outside. They always buried it though. they spent about equal time in the house and outside. It never bothered me that a cat might shit in my yard. I always loved seeing cats wander in and out. My neighbor's cat comes into my house from time to time through the dog door; the one thing she does that I don't like is eat my dogs' food. Cracks me up though to see them watching the cat eat their food but afraid to do anything about it. They look at me like "are you going to allow this?"

Done discussing this one with you.