• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: How 'bout dem Bearcats!

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game by UC.

Houston's offense is actually pretty decent. They have 3 or 4 guys that average double digit points, so a lot of offensive weapons.

It's just a good thing their defense is terrible.

Eitherway, it's a win.

The offense was very good the whole second half. Guyn was clutch again. I might have been too harsh on him earlier.

Kilpatrick could be a top five player in the country.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was very good the whole second half. Guyn was clutch again. I might have been too harsh on him earlier.

Kilpatrick could be a top five player in the country.

I've been very critical of Guyn. However, I have little issue with him taking shots when he's open, and he's quick to the hoop as well. I just don't think he's a great PG to distribute. Also, once he hits a few shots, he seems to stray outside of the offense and start trying to shoot a lot, and that's what boils me. He's certainly played a lot better than I thought he would, and it's good too, because Caupain has obviously hit the Freshman wall.

Kilpatrick should be getting a ton more recognition. He's the best player on a top 10 program, and his offensive efficiency is better than McDermott's. McDermott is going to win, and that's fine, but Kilpatrick deserves to be in that discussion, at the least.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilpatrick's senior season reminds me more and more of Logan's. Hopefully the team can advance farther than Logan's did.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilpatrick's senior season reminds me more and more of Logan's. Hopefully the team can advance farther than Logan's did.

A bullshit tourney draw hurt those Bearcats. That UCLA team had as much talent as anyone in the country. They underachieved all season and became an 8 seed.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bullshit tourney draw hurt those Bearcats. That UCLA team had as much talent as anyone in the country. They underachieved all season and became an 8 seed.

F-in Kapono! :gaah:

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like the tounament committee was always out to screw Huggs' Bearcats. Remember how they went from the first overall seed to a two after KMart's injury in the conference tournament? Maybe they will treat Mick's boys better.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_up1RPAB338]Cincinnati Bearcats vs Depaul Blue Demons 3-2-2000 - YouTube[/ame]

That was our year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the tounament committee was always out to screw Huggs' Bearcats. Remember how they went from the first overall seed to a two after KMart's injury in the conference tournament? Maybe they will treat Mick's boys better.

Can you really blame them?

I mean, I see your point, but at the same time, everyone in the world knew that UC was not going to be the same threat without K-Mart.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you really blame them?

I mean, I see your point, but at the same time, everyone in the world knew that UC was not going to be the same threat without K-Mart.

They still had earned a one seed. It wouldn't have made any difference in the final result, but that team was a NC winner before Martin's broken ankle.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching that one. That was one special team.

I was at work.

I remember I went back and forth all night to the break-room to listen to the game on the radio. I remember coming back and hearing that someone had broken his leg, and I just knew...I KNEW, it was Kenyon.

Ugh. Best team Huggins ever had from top to bottom.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember exactly where I was when watching that game, but I didn't 'easily' remember all that talent on that team until I watched the Youtube clip.

Funny seeing a young Mick Cronin as an assistant coach.

Two guards that went pro too quickly -- Satterfield and DeMarr Johnson were both big-time talents. Amazing the types of players that Huggins was able to recruit to UC.

Steve Logan and Kenyon Martin. Enough said.

Leonard Stokes limping off the court.

Pete Mickeal -- Funny how I totally forgot about him.

Jermanine Tate -- Solid player.

Fuck.... That missed opportunity still stings.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best player on the court was probably Quentin Richardson.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They love me on the college basketball forum. How does the #7 team in the country get absolutely no respect from anyone? They'll talk about Virginia and Wisconsin and Michigan and everyone else under the sun. Not a peep about UC.

They'll talk about how defense is so important to winning it all. Not a mention of UC.

Has UC EVER gotten any respect? It's odd.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They love me on the college basketball forum. How does the #7 team in the country get absolutely no respect from anyone? They'll talk about Virginia and Wisconsin and Michigan and everyone else under the sun. Not a peep about UC.

They'll talk about how defense is so important to winning it all. Not a mention of UC.

They did drop to 10th after the SMU blowout. But I agree they never have gotten respect. I think the world still thinks they are Huggs' thugs. All the better to sneak up on the country.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best player on the court was probably Quentin Richardson.

He got locked down.

Him and Penny never had great games against UC.

Pete M. was one of the best on-the-ball defenders UC ever had.

so was Mcelroy, who came after Pete, I believe.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did drop to 10th after the SMU blowout. But I agree they never have gotten respect. I think the world still thinks they are Huggs' thugs. All the better to sneak up on the country.

It's just how it is.

UC plays Pitt and they slug it out and people say it sets basketball back 20 years.

Yet, OSU, 'Cuse, and other have all had games where they'ev won with similar scores, and it's a "Great day" for NCAA basketball.

I'd just prefer to slide under the radar in some ways, but you need people talking about you. You need people talking about Sean Kilpatrick. You need that for recruiting and for exposure. You need the ESPN's to take notice of you so you can get on TV more, and add that revenue to your conference, and ultimately to your school.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got locked down.

Him and Penny never had great games against UC.

Pete M. was one of the best on-the-ball defenders UC ever had.

so was Mcelroy, who came after Pete, I believe.

I meant skill-wise. Not just that particular game.

Martin and Richardson are the only 2 left in the NBA from that game. Fun Fact: They play on the same team.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant skill-wise. Not just that particular game.

Martin and Richardson are the only 2 left in the NBA from that game. Fun Fact: They play on the same team.

Yeah. You are right. "Q" had skills.

Kenny Sat. never did anything.

Dermarr Johnson got into a car wreck and broke his neck. He has a short come back, but was never the same after that.

Logan got drafted in the 2nd round, but never signed his contract for some odd reason. He then got hurt, and the contract was voided/pulled, and then he got fat and never made it back within sniffing distance of the NBA.