• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Fuck LAPD

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, I won't defend killing him. Heads should roll for that. This guy was headed for death row, and would have sat there for the rest of his life....but police still have to be the bigger man. I guess some of them were too fired up, and that I can understand because these guys tend to stick together.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this thread is insane. You have to have a bit of perspective, there are a small number of bad cops that make big news vs. a huge number of good, well-intentioned ones that make no news. Rooting for Dorner? The guy who shot his old boss's *daughter* to send a message? There isn't a sliver of justification to root for this freak no matter how much you hate the police.

What they didn't want to get out was Dorner, alive. The guy was wreaking havoc and killing police indiscriminately. Not right to kill him, I won't defend that, but most groups being sniped at like that are going to have no mercy and great sense of vengeance. Burn the fucker, no remorse, its a shitty way to go and *that's* the message they wanted to send - to him.

The LAPD has been fucking with peoples' lives with impunity for decades; it sounds like this arrogant police captain fucked with the wrong guy because he had the gall to call him and his cronys on some illegal shit they were doing. Why else would they make sure they burned this guy or shoot to kill with no questions asked on every vehicle that looked like Dorner's.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, my perspective is that my dad was a San Francisco cop for 30 years. So I've never been down with the whole "fuck the police" thing. There are idiots in the police like everywhere else, but most people that go into the profession - and all the ones I know - were good people with a really hard job.

Past that, what is rooting for him then, beyond wanting him to kill more police. What you guys said was "I wanted them to continue to look stupid a little longer." What exactly is "looking stupid"? Fearing for their lives from a serial killer? Having to deal with their co-workers getting sniped out of nowhere because some other cop somewhere else screwed up? Having to go on a huge manhunt for a guy intent on causing as much death and destruction as he could? I don't get it.

I'm as anti-authority as anyone, and I can't wrap my head around anything resembling rooting for the guy. I heard there were people rooting for the guy, and I assumed it was just some ridiculous political jabber, but here it is. This is like cheering on the Unabomber. Perhaps you can elaborate.

I have cops in my family as well and I remember having to learn, as perhaps you do, that general statements of hate and disgust levied toward law enforcement are just that, general statements and not an indictment of either mine or your family members.

Regarding my rooting for Dorner I addressed that here:

"As for rooting for Dorner, you are wrongly, at least on my behalf, assuming that rooting for him means agreeing with his methods for advancing his cause."

To elaborate further, I have read as much of Dorner's manifesto "Last Resort" as I could find online (6 pages), and I reiterate my stance that I support Dorner - more specifically, his cause.

I never cheered-on Kacznyski but, like Dorner, I read his manifesto as well. And while I did not agree with all of his positions I did agree with some; more importantly however, whether I agreed with him or not, I at least took the time to understand what he was fighting for.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LAPD has been fucking with peoples' lives with impunity for decades; it sounds like this arrogant police captain fucked with the wrong guy because he had the gall to call him and his cronys on some illegal shit they were doing. Why else would they make sure they burned this guy or shoot to kill with no questions asked on every vehicle that looked like Dorner's.

Once again, well stated, Brother. Sometimes the one responsible for the murder isn't the guy holding the gun.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I won't defend killing him. Heads should roll for that. This guy was headed for death row, and would have sat there for the rest of his life....but police still have to be the bigger man. I guess some of them were too fired up, and that I can understand because these guys tend to stick together.

For the first time in US history military drones were launches to find a fugitive. Two vehicles were indiscriminately shot at without proper identification. There were reports that a person inside the cabin tried to get out, but they wouldn't let him, and then set the cabin ablaze essentially burning him alive. No questions asked. No negotiation. Just kill on sight. I don't think this qualifies as a few "fired up cops". There's something deeper here.

And I didn't mean any disrespect towards your father. I'm sure there are many honest, decent cops out there. But a lot of them, including SF, are power-hungry, volatile, overzealous police offers just itching to start shit and harass people. Also the corruption within the LAPD is widely documented.

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For the first time in US history military drones were launches to find a fugitive. Two vehicles were indiscriminately shot at without proper identification. There were reports that a person inside the cabin tried to get out, but they wouldn't let him, and then set the cabin ablaze essentially burning him alive. No questions asked. No negotiation. Just kill on sight. I don't think this qualifies as a few "fired up cops". There's something deeper here.

And I didn't mean any disrespect towards your father. I'm sure there are many honest, decent cops out there. But a lot of them, including SF, are power-hungry, volatile, overzealous police offers just itching to start shit and harass people. Also the corruption within the LAPD is widely documented.

How do you know they were military drones? I have been looking for an article on this.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, well stated, Brother. Sometimes the one responsible for the murder isn't the guy holding the gun.

I feel bad for the daughter, probably because I have one. But I'm sure after reading his manifesto, I'd feel bad for the position he was in. I wish he'd have just killed the boss if anyone had to be shot by that gun.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know they were military drones? I have been looking for an article on this.

Drones are military units controlled by the Pentagon. It's not like the San Bernardino Sheriffs Office has a bunch of drones on campus waiting to fly out. The ones in the US are used almost exclusively for home defense and border patrol.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
obviously, the law can't go so overboard they jeopardize the innocent public. so agree with properly identifying.

otherwise, once you do identify him...........what do you expect when you murder people? if you intentionally kill people, then expect to be "handled".

if he had something to say, go media, not go murder.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously, the law can't go so overboard they jeopardize the innocent public. so agree with properly identifying.

otherwise, once you do identify him...........what do you expect when you murder people? if you intentionally kill people, then expect to be "handled".

Exactly dude. And whatever some cops are dicks, but fuck Dormer that dude was a major asshole and a fucking psycho to boot.

I don't give a shit if he died. They were not going to be able to negotiate him out anyway.

This dude is no fuckin Robin Hood and anybody who's on his "side" is a fucking tool.

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Drones are military units controlled by the Pentagon. It's not like the San Bernardino Sheriffs Office has a bunch of drones on campus waiting to fly out. The ones in the US are used almost exclusively for home defense and border patrol.

So you are just assuming military drones were used? Or do you know that for sure?

Police departments don't use the military style drones. The drones police departments use generally only weigh a couple of pounds.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The police shouldn't be Judge, Jury, and Executioner...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have cops in my family as well and I remember having to learn, as perhaps you do, that general statements of hate and disgust levied toward law enforcement are just that, general statements and not an indictment of either mine or your family members.

Regarding my rooting for Dorner I addressed that here:

"As for rooting for Dorner, you are wrongly, at least on my behalf, assuming that rooting for him means agreeing with his methods for advancing his cause."

To elaborate further, I have read as much of Dorner's manifesto "Last Resort" as I could find online (6 pages), and I reiterate my stance that I support Dorner - more specifically, his cause.

I never cheered-on Kacznyski but, like Dorner, I read his manifesto as well. And while I did not agree with all of his positions I did agree with some; more importantly however, whether I agreed with him or not, I at least took the time to understand what he was fighting for.

Yes.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That says it better than I did. I was struggling to put into words my feelings about Dorner's actions without sounding like a complete sociopath but you got it.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami disagrees.

Pretty fricken dirty though, that's for sure.

seriously, i mean, they have a serial killer on their payroll.

dexter-main.jpg

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for those interested, here is some info on the wallets...

First wallet: Lindbergh Field by bus driver
Second wallet: San Ysidro Point of Entry
Third wallet: Burnt Cabin (how did this survive unscathed while the body was burnt beyond recognition?)

Now I have even heard murmurs of a 4th wallet found behind police headquarters!!??