• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rey's Final Eagles Mock (5 Rounds)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade: Eagles trade down from 14 to 25 with the Houston Texans for their 2nd rounder - pick 57 and their 5th rounder – pick 169. Houston wants “allegedly” one of the top 3 QB's (Trubitsky, Watson or Mahomes); they also “love” Hassan Reddick, but he will be long gone by 25 as well. At 14 they should be able to land one of those 4 players.

Rd 1 Pick 25 from Houston: Kevin King CB Washington

*** The more I've studied and read about Kevin King the more I love his game and potential. At 6”3” 200 lbs this is a kid who started out at Safety, switched to playing nickel/slot, then finally switched to the outside in his final season and succeeded in every role. His speed and athleticism for his size is freakish (40” vertical plus ran the fastest 3 Cone drill of anyone at the Combine) and he should be able to continue adding muscle to his frame as he matures without losing any speed. The draft is all about projecting players to the next level and King imo should be able to develop into a top notch boundary guy who can not only cover the outside guys like Dez Bryant, but also mirror the speed receivers like Odell Beckham Jr. He's not a great tackler yet, but he shows the willingness to get in there and mix it up; once he hits a pro training program he'll get stronger in that aspect. His ceiling is very high and it would not surprise me if 3 years down the line he ends up being the best Corner out of this draft.

Rd 2 Pick 43: Chris Godwin WR Penn State

*** Godwin imo is the hidden gem of this WR class. If not for the fact that he played in a run first system with a great RB prospect in S Barkley and mediocre QB play, I think Godwin would be in play as a first rounder. There's no WR better in this draft at catching in traffic and he showed how athletic and fast he was at the Combine. At a strong 6'1” 210 lbs (19 reps at 225), Godwin projects as a future #1 at the next level. With Jordan Matthews in the final year of his rookie deal, Alshon Jeffery on a one year deal and Nelson Agholor only on the team because he would cost money to cut … snagging Godwin as a future asset would be a good idea.

Rd 2 Pick 57 from the Houston Texans: Demarcus Walker DE Florida State

*** Extremely productive player who's 6'4” 280 lbs (long arms with huge/heavy hands) and can line up at either End or shift inside as a pass rush DT. Walker racked up 25 sacks the past two seasons at FSU as he has excellent hand/arm use and leverage when going after the QB. Some see him as a bit of a tweener, but I see him as a versatile piece to add to the DL. He is actually a lot like Derek Barnett in that he isn't a quick twitch edge rusher, but simply knows how to get to the QB and force his way into the opponents backfield. With the End spot opposite Brandon Graham up for grabs, Walker could easily find himself a lot of playing time early on. Adding Walker and Jernigan to our DL will certainly give it a solid boost.

Round 3: Pick 99 (via the Baltimore Ravens) Elijah McGuire RB Louisiana - Laf

*** One of the undervalued Backs this year seems to be McGuire who many compare to Baltimore RB Kenneth Dixon and watching tape, the comparison is a good one. Excellent receiver who also shows good pop between the tackles. Better big play ability than Kareem Hunt who seems to have gained steam as a 3rd rounder. Good RB's can always be found late … McGuire will compete with Wendell Smallwood to carry the mail in 2017.

Round 4: No. 118 Howard Wilson CB Houston

*** Great ball skills and exceptional quickness for a bigger Corner (6'1” 185 lbs). Missed 2015 with an ACL tear, but came back strong with 5 interceptions in 2016. Scouts think he could have used one more year of seasoning in college, but there's no doubt he has the tools to develop into a quality starter. Either 2md year man Jalen Mills or veteran Patrick Robinson will start the year opposite Kevin King, but Wilson has the talent to challenge for a starting role by mid season if either Mills or Robinson falter.

Round 4. No. 139 (from Cleveland Browns) Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell

*** Rumor has it that the Eagles really like this kid. I decided to watch some tape on him and I can see why some teams see him as a developmental LT. Long arms and he knows how to use them combined with good foot slide. Excellent size and quickness off the snap to get set for his block. The downside is that he needs to get stronger before being able to take on pro Ends and he'll take a year to get accustomed to the level of Comp uptick from Bucknell. This is more than likely Jason Peters' last year with us … so Davenport can learn under him for a year, get stronger and then take over in 2018. If Davenport works out we wouldn't have to move Lane Johnson over.

Round 5 No 155 Duke Riley OLB LSU

*** Riley is a bit of a late bloomer and doesn't have as many college snaps under his belt as some of the other backers do, but he has a lot of range and uses his speed advantage well. He was all over the place every single time I watched LSU and I think even led the team in tackles. Will probably start off as a special teams guy, but has the ability to replace Kendricks next season as the current staff is not in love with him. Duke also has some experience as an inside LB so he has versatility.

Round 5 (from Houston Texans) No 169 Jadar Johnson S Clemson

*** Only a one year starter, but Johnson looked damn good this past season when he didn't have anyone in his way for playing time. Athletic with good speed and ball ability for a Safety. Sometimes really good players are held back due to college seniority, but this kid showed well every time I saw one of his games. We certainly need some solid depth at the Safety position and just like CB, this is a really deep Safety class where we can snag a good one late.

** Rd's 6 and 7: These are probably depth type picks here ... could use another run stuffing Tackle or another OLineman.

Greenbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade: Eagles trade down from 14 to 25 with the Houston Texans for their 2nd rounder - pick 57 and their 5th rounder – pick 169. Houston wants “allegedly” one of the top 3 QB's (Trubitsky, Watson or Mahomes); they also “love” Hassan Reddick, but he will be long gone by 25 as well. At 14 they should be able to land one of those 4 players.

Rd 1 Pick 25 from Houston: Kevin King CB Washington

*** The more I've studied and read about Kevin King the more I love his game and potential. At 6”3” 200 lbs this is a kid who started out at Safety, switched to playing nickel/slot, then finally switched to the outside in his final season and succeeded in every role. His speed and athleticism for his size is freakish (40” vertical plus ran the fastest 3 Cone drill of anyone at the Combine) and he should be able to continue adding muscle to his frame as he matures without losing any speed. The draft is all about projecting players to the next level and King imo should be able to develop into a top notch boundary guy who can not only cover the outside guys like Dez Bryant, but also mirror the speed receivers like Odell Beckham Jr. He's not a great tackler yet, but he shows the willingness to get in there and mix it up; once he hits a pro training program he'll get stronger in that aspect. His ceiling is very high and it would not surprise me if 3 years down the line he ends up being the best Corner out of this draft.

Rd 2 Pick 43: Chris Godwin WR Penn State

*** Godwin imo is the hidden gem of this WR class. If not for the fact that he played in a run first system with a great RB prospect in S Barkley and mediocre QB play, I think Godwin would be in play as a first rounder. There's no WR better in this draft at catching in traffic and he showed how athletic and fast he was at the Combine. At a strong 6'1” 210 lbs (19 reps at 225), Godwin projects as a future #1 at the next level. With Jordan Matthews in the final year of his rookie deal, Alshon Jeffery on a one year deal and Nelson Agholor only on the team because he would cost money to cut … snagging Godwin as a future asset would be a good idea.

Rd 2 Pick 57 from the Houston Texans: Demarcus Walker DE Florida State

*** Extremely productive player who's 6'4” 280 lbs (long arms with huge/heavy hands) and can line up at either End or shift inside as a pass rush DT. Walker racked up 25 sacks the past two seasons at FSU as he has excellent hand/arm use and leverage when going after the QB. Some see him as a bit of a tweener, but I see him as a versatile piece to add to the DL. He is actually a lot like Derek Barnett in that he isn't a quick twitch edge rusher, but simply knows how to get to the QB and force his way into the opponents backfield. With the End spot opposite Brandon Graham up for grabs, Walker could easily find himself a lot of playing time early on. Adding Walker and Jernigan to our DL will certainly give it a solid boost.

Round 3: Pick 99 (via the Baltimore Ravens) Elijah McGuire RB Louisiana - Laf

*** One of the undervalued Backs this year seems to be McGuire who many compare to Baltimore RB Kenneth Dixon and watching tape, the comparison is a good one. Excellent receiver who also shows good pop between the tackles. Better big play ability than Kareem Hunt who seems to have gained steam as a 3rd rounder. Good RB's can always be found late … McGuire will compete with Wendell Smallwood to carry the mail in 2017.

Round 4: No. 118 Howard Wilson CB Houston

*** Great ball skills and exceptional quickness for a bigger Corner (6'1” 185 lbs). Missed 2015 with an ACL tear, but came back strong with 5 interceptions in 2016. Scouts think he could have used one more year of seasoning in college, but there's no doubt he has the tools to develop into a quality starter. Either 2md year man Jalen Mills or veteran Patrick Robinson will start the year opposite Kevin King, but Wilson has the talent to challenge for a starting role by mid season if either Mills or Robinson falter.

Round 4. No. 139 (from Cleveland Browns) Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell

*** Rumor has it that the Eagles really like this kid. I decided to watch some tape on him and I can see why some teams see him as a developmental LT. Long arms and he knows how to use them combined with good foot slide. Excellent size and quickness off the snap to get set for his block. The downside is that he needs to get stronger before being able to take on pro Ends and he'll take a year to get accustomed to the level of Comp uptick from Bucknell. This is more than likely Jason Peters' last year with us … so Davenport can learn under him for a year, get stronger and then take over in 2018. If Davenport works out we wouldn't have to move Lane Johnson over.

Round 5 No 155 Duke Riley OLB LSU

*** Riley is a bit of a late bloomer and doesn't have as many college snaps under his belt as some of the other backers do, but he has a lot of range and uses his speed advantage well. He was all over the place every single time I watched LSU and I think even led the team in tackles. Will probably start off as a special teams guy, but has the ability to replace Kendricks next season as the current staff is not in love with him. Duke also has some experience as an inside LB so he has versatility.

Round 5 (from Houston Texans) No 169 Jadar Johnson S Clemson

*** Only a one year starter, but Johnson looked damn good this past season when he didn't have anyone in his way for playing time. Athletic with good speed and ball ability for a Safety. Sometimes really good players are held back due to college seniority, but this kid showed well every time I saw one of his games. We certainly need some solid depth at the Safety position and just like CB, this is a really deep Safety class where we can snag a good one late.

** Rd's 6 and 7: These are probably depth type picks here ... could use another run stuffing Tackle or another OLineman.
Would love this draft!

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome!!!If Duke Riley lasts to us even in rd 4 I'd dance a jig!!!! I have him gone late rd 2 early rd 3....Love it Rey....looks good and I can easily see us trading back and landing Kevin King who I also like.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very solid. I really like the Houston CB too.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great mock Rey .. I love Riley and Wilson later on for some good depth and potential steals down the road.
I quotes the trade because I have seen 3 other mocks with a similar trade 14 for 25 with a 2nd and various other round picks thrown in -- so def from a realistic perspective it highly likely.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting another 2nd sure would be sweet.

This mock really hits all the needs, Rey.:thumb:

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like those names but if the Eagles wait until the 4th round to grab their first CB it will be a mistake.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3