• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Fuck LAPD

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then by what? Adjacency?

If Oakland Sheriffs did something this stupid I'm not sure saying, "fuck SFPD" would be the way to go. That's all I'm sayin.

No, but I'd probably say fuck all Bay Area cops.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just that they were LAPD...

As for the permission to shoot, I don't believe that park ranger needed it from anyone from what I've read. Stupid as that sounds.

Again, I agree with you on how terribad this and many other matters are handled by LA and every other city's PD, Sherrifs, Marshalls, you name it. But there's lots of blame to go around here.

:rollseyes:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to the wallets :laugh:...

Dorner manhunt: Ex-cop may have had help, court records show - latimes.com

from the above...."After authorities interviewed the boat captain early Thursday, they found Dorner's wallet and identification cards "at the San Ysidro Point of Entry" near the U.S.-Mexico border. That same day, a guard at the Point Loma Naval Base told authorities he had spotted a man matching Dorner's description trying sneak onto the base, according to the court records."

“That contradicts with what authorities said on Thursday, when it was reported that a shuttle bus driver turned over Dorner’s wallet, LAPD police badge and photo ID to San Diego police after a passer-by found them near Lindbergh Field. San Diego Police Chief Bill Lansdowne said Tuesday that the items were found in the middle of Pacific Highway and Laurel Street.”

Now, they have found another in the charred remains of the cabin???

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drones, shooting at two vehicles without properly identifying the passengers, setting a cabin on fire and essentially burning a body inside without negotiating?

I have no idea what Christopher Dorner knows, but someone didn't want it to get out.

Agreed. Simply because it was the LAPD, I found myself rooting for Dorner. I wanted them to continue to look stupid a little longer. Dorner may have gone about his revenge the wrong way but I find his story about why he got fired from the LAPD to be believeable.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Simply because it was the LAPD, I found myself rooting for Dorner. I wanted them to continue to look stupid a little longer. Dorner may have gone about his revenge the wrong way but I find his story about why he got fired from the LAPD to be believeable.

This! Well Said Tobers

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to the wallets :laugh:...

Dorner manhunt: Ex-cop may have had help, court records show - latimes.com

from the above...."After authorities interviewed the boat captain early Thursday, they found Dorner's wallet and identification cards "at the San Ysidro Point of Entry" near the U.S.-Mexico border. That same day, a guard at the Point Loma Naval Base told authorities he had spotted a man matching Dorner's description trying sneak onto the base, according to the court records."

“That contradicts with what authorities said on Thursday, when it was reported that a shuttle bus driver turned over Dorner’s wallet, LAPD police badge and photo ID to San Diego police after a passer-by found them near Lindbergh Field. San Diego Police Chief Bill Lansdowne said Tuesday that the items were found in the middle of Pacific Highway and Laurel Street.”

Now, they have found another in the charred remains of the cabin???

very weird. I'll have to look into his wallets more. I never meet anyone that keeps 3 wallets and IDs

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Man, this thread is insane. You have to have a bit of perspective, there are a small number of bad cops that make big news vs. a huge number of good, well-intentioned ones that make no news. Rooting for Dorner? The guy who shot his old boss's *daughter* to send a message? There isn't a sliver of justification to root for this freak no matter how much you hate the police.

What they didn't want to get out was Dorner, alive. The guy was wreaking havoc and killing police indiscriminately. Not right to kill him, I won't defend that, but most groups being sniped at like that are going to have no mercy and great sense of vengeance. Burn the fucker, no remorse, its a shitty way to go and *that's* the message they wanted to send - to him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this thread is insane. You have to have a bit of perspective, there are a small number of bad cops that make big news vs. a huge number of good, well-intentioned ones that make no news. Rooting for Dorner? The guy who shot his old boss's *daughter* to send a message? There isn't a sliver of justification to root for this freak no matter how much you hate the police.

What they didn't want to get out was Dorner, alive. The guy was wreaking havoc and killing police indiscriminately. Not right to kill him, I won't defend that, but most groups being sniped at like that are going to have no mercy and great sense of vengeance. Burn the fucker, no remorse, its a shitty way to go and *that's* the message they wanted to send - to him.

I am glad that no one has died yet in trying to send that message.

I think part of them want to catch him and bring justice through the court and punishment to him. But that's more difficult and doesn't have closure for a while. Having the guy rot in jail isn't likely the same as being able to kill him.

Off-topic, but somebody complained to me that Obama killed Osama because he didn't want to go through the trial process. He incidentally on another night also argued that they didn't kill Osama so they instead they acted like they did and then dumped someone else's body to avoid international conflict. That if they really followed his religion's way of burial, he would have been returned to the family to do so, but since it was another's body, they couldn't.

A couple of things are wrong there. One, getting him or not getting him still got some international agencies mad for us entering without permission (as if we'd get permission without those hiding him being told). Sure, getting him helped smooth over those concerns, but the international protocol was still violated either way if that's an issue.

I'm glad we didn't need to go through a trial for this because it'd be a longer process than needed and proof is harder to get than a few bullets in the head. Plus, we could get hostages around the world either tortured, killed, or threatened with the ransom being Osama's release, which we could not do.

Does anyone hear understand the dumping of the body into the ocean? If this were that common, wouldn't we see or hear of it like funerals? Wouldn't they also want to check to see if live people weren't killed and thrown over, like an autopsy before, if you just had bodies thrown over the edge, it would seem only a matter of time someone does that and isn't questioned after they killed them. No habeas corpus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Calm down Space. Everyone in this thread has perspective; it is just not YOUR perspective.

As for rooting for Dorner, you are wrongly, at least on my behalf, assuming that rooting for him means agreeing with his methods for advancing his cause.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorner is still a piece of shit for killing innocent people. Not all cops are dirty many of them were probably on edge having there brothers gunned down.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Calm down Space. Everyone in this thread has perspective; it is just not YOUR perspective.

As for rooting for Dorner, you are wrongly, at least on my behalf, assuming that rooting for him means agreeing with his methods for advancing his cause.

First of all, my perspective is that my dad was a San Francisco cop for 30 years. So I've never been down with the whole "fuck the police" thing. There are idiots in the police like everywhere else, but most people that go into the profession - and all the ones I know - were good people with a really hard job.

Past that, what is rooting for him then, beyond wanting him to kill more police. What you guys said was "I wanted them to continue to look stupid a little longer." What exactly is "looking stupid"? Fearing for their lives from a serial killer? Having to deal with their co-workers getting sniped out of nowhere because some other cop somewhere else screwed up? Having to go on a huge manhunt for a guy intent on causing as much death and destruction as he could? I don't get it.

I'm as anti-authority as anyone, and I can't wrap my head around anything resembling rooting for the guy. I heard there were people rooting for the guy, and I assumed it was just some ridiculous political jabber, but here it is. This is like cheering on the Unabomber. Perhaps you can elaborate.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout, just fuck LA altogether. California as a whole for that matter.

Yeah, fuck LA where it's 73F and sunny today while you're freezing your ass off in the frozen tundra. :lol:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, my perspective is that my dad was a San Francisco cop for 30 years. So I've never been down with the whole "fuck the police" thing. There are idiots in the police like everywhere else, but most people that go into the profession - and all the ones I know - were good people with a really hard job.

Past that, what is rooting for him then, beyond wanting him to kill more police. What you guys said was "I wanted them to continue to look stupid a little longer." What exactly is "looking stupid"? Fearing for their lives from a serial killer? Having to deal with their co-workers getting sniped out of nowhere because some other cop somewhere else screwed up? Having to go on a huge manhunt for a guy intent on causing as much death and destruction as he could? I don't get it.

I'm as anti-authority as anyone, and I can't wrap my head around anything resembling rooting for the guy. I heard there were people rooting for the guy, and I assumed it was just some ridiculous political jabber, but here it is. This is like cheering on the Unabomber. Perhaps you can elaborate.

I wouldn't root for the guy, but if I were mad at the police, I would maybe publicize the mistakes they've made more? Bigger embarrassment without rooting for killers to get loose or more mistakes to be made. Sign petitions that either mandate things that do a better job or more money if they're underfunded?

I don't share the disdain for authority as most do, I've never gotten in trouble before and I don't think it's me getting away with anything - I just haven't done anything. But I don't live in the same situation as everyone else, some have different environments and perspectives than I do. Some are set up, some are let down, and some have been falsely accused and mistreated.

I, in general, don't like generalizations. I'd just look at individuals and those in charge of them. I would get upset when police are not competent, are power-hungry, lazy, etc. And if it became personal, then I'm sure I'd change my perspective, but I certainly respect those of any perspective on it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the unmitigated gall of the LAPD to execute this guy because he had shit on them. I hope heads ROLL!!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the unmitigated gall of the LAPD to execute this guy because he had shit on them. I hope heads ROLL!!

Having shit on them and then being fired because of it still doesn't justify killing anyone. So I would hope for him getting prosecuted, the police's shit getting released and addressed, etc. He shouldn't get a lesser penalty because he has a larger message. He killed an innocent person. Not that he'd be justified to kill the boss, but it's better than killing his daughter.

Having said that, I hope the people who are at fault before this spree do not get a pass on what they did. Catching him doesn't release them from what they did and they should get in trouble for how they pursued him. They can't be shooting at vehicles when they don't know for sure it's him. I understand not being able to walk to the car and get him when he'll shoot everyone, but there's got to be better ways of verifying before shooting. I won't think the killing was some valiant effort to get the truth out, the killer doesn't deserve praise. The daughter didn't decide who to be born to.